Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kolja Geldmacher
Germany
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I could not sleep tonight, so i went to work with the translation for all of you not-German-speakers

What you need
4 Hardcore-Gamers, 6 dice from the Catan-Dice-Game, and 2 Objects who count as Longest-Road and Greatest-Army- Cards, or you use exactly these from your Boardgame

Start
Each player starts with a Street at the Coast. That is a must.
Each player has to remain at a distance to the others by 5 streets minimum. So there have to be 5 streets between yours and any other players streets Then the start player takes 3 dice and rolls them like in the normal game. Any consecutive player takes one more dice until all six are in the game. From then on, everyone uses six dices.

Building
You can build anything your streets are connected to, but you are not allowed to leave out anything. So if you build a street to a settlement, you first have to build said settlement before you can build the street behind it. A settlement of another player blocks you
completely, you can not build behind it. Some settlement can be upgraded to cities. You can build roads behind them when they are in settlement stage, you don`t have to upgrade to do that.

Knights
They can be "build" when one of your features is touching the hex the Knight is set on. You mark him with your Color when you do that. Knights can be used as in the base game as Jokers for your resource needs.

Longest Road
Who ever has 5 Streets in a row gains Longest Road which is Wort 1 points. Whenever a player has a longer road, the Longest road is given to him

Greatest Army
Whoever builds 3 Knights first gains Greatest Army which is worth 2 points. Whenever someone has more Knights as the owner of the Greatest Army he is the new owner

Optional Rule: Fortresses
Anyone can build a fortress anytime. You need 6 same resources to do that, gold is not a resource in this case. Each Fortress is worth 2 points

The End
Whoever gets to 10 points first wins. As in the Boardgame, settlements are worth 1 point, city are worth 2.

Hope i got everything right.
Have Fun
FH

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Eberlin
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this only playable with 4, or is this playable with 1-4 as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolja Geldmacher
Germany
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Theoretically 1-4, but i would suggest 2-4.
Bye
FH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
Flashhawk wrote:
Each player starts with a Street at the Coast. That is a must. Each player has to remain at a distance to the others by 5 streets minimum. So there have to be 5 streets between yours and any other players streets

Is this just for when players select their starting street? Or is that a rule that has to be maintained throughout the entire game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolja Geldmacher
Germany
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That rule only affects start positioning.
FH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule says

"You can build anything your streets are connected to, but you are not allowed to leave out anything. So if you build a street to a settlement, you first have to build said settlement before you can build the street behind it. A settlement of another player blocks you
completely, you can not build behind it. "

Can't really understand this. e.g. "leave out anything". Does it mean I have to build both settlement and road together?

How would we the settlement which is 3 raods away from another settlement?

Could anyone help to explain how it works?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nasty McHaggis
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
I'm pouring all of my points in sarcasm.
badge
Box next to hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it means that you have to build a road and settlement together.

If you build a road adjacent to a settlement, you must build the settlement before you may extend your road past that settlement..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for Kenny's clarification.

From the rule statement "you first have to build said settlement before you can build the street behind it" I thought it meant every road must reach a settlement.

Now, I understand that it is "must build the settlement before extending the road"

Good...thanks again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolja Geldmacher
Germany
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
yes thats what the rules supposed to mean
Thanks Kenny
Fh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karim Chakroun
France
Besançon
Franche-Comté
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Thanks for the translation. On the map included in the PDF a city is worth only 1VP, is it a mistake?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
The settlement is worth one point and the city is worth one additional point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
Didn't know what to spend all this sweet GG on, so I bought the overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
Since there are 12 coastal settlements/cities, it may be worthing adding the Harbormaster from Catan: Traders & Barbarians to this variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolja Geldmacher
Germany
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say: do as you wish
FH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flashhawk wrote:
I could not sleep tonight, so i went to work with the translation for all of you not-German-speakers :)

What you need
4 Hardcore-Gamers, 6 dice from the Catan-Dice-Game, and 2 Objects who count as Longest-Road and Greatest-Army- Cards, or you use exactly these from your Boardgame

Start
Each player starts with a Street at the Coast. That is a must.
Each player has to remain at a distance to the others by 5 streets minimum. So there have to be 5 streets between yours and any other players streets Then the start player takes 3 dice and rolls them like in the normal game. Any consecutive player takes one more dice until all six are in the game. From then on, everyone uses six dices.

Building
You can build anything your streets are connected to, but you are not allowed to leave out anything. So if you build a street to a settlement, you first have to build said settlement before you can build the street behind it. A settlement of another player blocks you
completely, you can not build behind it. Some settlement can be upgraded to cities. You can build roads behind them when they are in settlement stage, you don`t have to upgrade to do that.

Knights
They can be "build" when one of your features is touching the hex the Knight is set on. You mark him with your Color when you do that. Knights can be used as in the base game as Jokers for your resource needs.

Longest Road
Who ever has 5 Streets in a row gains Longest Road which is Wort 1 points. Whenever a player has a longer road, the Longest road is given to him

Greatest Army
Whoever builds 3 Knights first gains Greatest Army which is worth 2 points. Whenever someone has more Knights as the owner of the Greatest Army he is the new owner

Optional Rule: Fortresses
Anyone can build a fortress anytime. You need 6 same resources to do that, gold is not a resource in this case. Each Fortress is worth 2 points

The End
Whoever gets to 10 points first wins. As in the Boardgame, settlements are worth 1 point, city are worth 2.

Hope i got everything right.
Have Fun
FH

Can you build more than one fortress?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolja Geldmacher
Germany
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ehem.. Yes, You CAN (sorry was just to tempting...)
Flashhawk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flashhawk wrote:
ehem.. Yes, You CAN :D (sorry was just to tempting...)
Flashhawk

What was too tempting?

You can build more than one fortress then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Nichols
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Yes, You CAN" was, I think, a reference to Barack Obama, who as we all know is a secret Catan Dice Game XXL player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Bob742
msg tools
fart
mbmbmbmbmb
ah3Dog wrote:
Thanks for Kenny's clarification.

From the rule statement "you first have to build said settlement before you can build the street behind it" I thought it meant every road must reach a settlement.

Now, I understand that it is "must build the settlement before extending the road"

Good...thanks again

OK> I GET THE RULE NOW. Scratch this below.
I found the rules file for this.......

--------------------
This XXL variant is different from the base Catan Dice Game the, right?

Because, I'm pretty sure in the base game you can just keep building roads if you want without having to lay down settlements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.