Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question regarding the emphasized part of the following rule.
The Rules wrote:
Each player can choose to stop playing before the end of the game. The first player to stop will have a no-claims bonus of +6 at the end of the game; the second, +3, the third, +1 and the last will receive no bonus (but will be able to finish quietly by playing all the pawns which remain in her hand).

So the last player to stop playing is allowed to play out the rest of the tiles in their hand, but do they still draw new tiles for each one placed as per normal? That would seem to even out part of the abandonment bonus and make for a harder choice of whether to quit or keep playing, which is something I like personally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If they don't explicitly say that he cannot draw new tiles, to me it means that he can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
franchi wrote:
If they don't explicitly say that he cannot draw new tiles, to me it means that he can.

Thanks Miguel, and I tend to agree with you. However, the rules listed on the game's web site say the following:

The Rules wrote:
and the last receives no bonus (but will be able to finish quietly by playing all the tiles which remain in their hand).

It's that reference to "tiles remaining in their hand" that made me question what was meant by the rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
But by "play all the tiles" I understand play them normally. The normal consequences of play should apply: you can kill a wolf, or add a wolf close to another player's terrain, or draw tiles if there are still left...

Otherwise they should have stated explicitly the things you cannot do on your last turns?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yokiboy wrote:
The Rules wrote:
and the last receives no bonus (but will be able to finish quietly by playing all the tiles which remain in their hand).

It's that reference to "tiles remaining in their hand" that made me question what was meant by the rule.

Would it be possible that you are only allowed to quit when there are no tiles left in the bag? That makes more sense to me than being able to quit at any point during the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.