Subject: Could this game take 6 players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1st issue is lack of components. I'm making my own copy, so I'll have 6 sets of cards to go around for each of the 6 players.

2nd issue is gameplay. It really doesn't seem like such a big deal. Much like how some games handle a wide range of players like For Sale (3 to 6), Race For The Galaxy + exp #1 (2 - 6 plus advanced game plus the squeezing in an extra player), Pente (2-6), or Combo King (2-6 instead of 2-4), etc. If one were to do a 6p game of Raj, anything particularily bad that I'm missing as far as gameplay is concerned?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hurst
United States
Murfreesboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Very interesting...... I only forsee two potential issues for you to consider..

1. More people will tie for tiles, causing a cascade down to a lower bidder. Not a problem in itself, but it may cause a more chaotic feel to a game with more people. Some people may not like the loss of perceived control.

2. Not enough points to go around. Raj always has 40 points, no matter how many people. So the more people you add, the fewer points you'll usually need to win. With six or more, it'd be feasible to win with very few points, which may increase the actual value of the big tiles while decreasing the actual value of the little tiles. Just off the top of my head, you might consider: a) adding additional rounds for bidding on even more treasure tiles, or b) collapsing the point values on the treasures already in play. That is, you'd have something like 5-5-4-4-3-3-2-2-1-1 instead of 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1, but keeping the negative ones the same.

But I'd love to try it with six or more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Kimball
United States
Shoreview
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Daniel, I don't think there's a problem with one more player. It could imbalance the bidding with more ties and I think his suggestion for changing point values would greatly "rebalance" the game when scaled for 6. This is a great little gem of a filler and I'd love to make it work for more than 5. Keep us posted on what you end up doing and how the results fare!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.