Subject: Snow Day? Let's add some gods. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Sarasio Meyer
United States
Forest City
Iowa
flag msg tools
No Really. Do. or Do not. There is no Try.
badge
Nothing here there is. Look elsewhere you must.
mbmbmbmbmb

Well, we had a heck of a storm roll through the midwest last night and today. Started with rain turned to ice turned to about 5 inches of snow. The drifts were bad, which means a snow day for me and my daughters. After shoveling, then after sledding, and a once more after putting up a Christmas tree we played some games. The second game picked was Zeus on the Loose.

I like this game for the girls because they get to do some adding up to 100 and play a game too. This is a pretty fun game, but it can take a while due to the fact that to win the game a person has to win four rounds spelling zeus (kind of like a card game version of basketball's H-O-R-S-E).

The gods make it interesting, while Hera jumps right to 99, Hermes can make a round at 91 reset all the way back to 19.
My two daughters have very different styles of play. Madeline (8) like to have Zeus in her posession, so she plays god cards as quick as she gets them. While Olivia (6) likes to spend her largest cards to get the total as high as possible as quick as possible. I usually try different thing seach round to see how they go.

The game starts out quick and I jump the total up quick and score the first letter. I get Z and the girls roll their eyes and give the typical comments. Then the next round Madeline is first, plays Hera on the first round, Olivia playing second places a 1 and scores the letter. Hera shows again the third round and Madeline gets a letter. Play continues and soon I find myself behind both of them by two letters. They have both scored up to Z-E-U and I am still at Z. The next round I decide to play for the main man Zeus and try to keep him with me as much as possible.

The girls don't seem to mind and soon we are up into the 80's. On my turn I bump the total up to 92 by playing a 4 which is my smallest card and I have no gods in there. The next turn Madeline jumps it perfectly to 100 and steals Zeus at the end scoring her last letter.
Game ends:
Madeline wins with Z-E-U-S
Olivia with Z-E-U
and I am left with only Z.

Those gods are mischevious. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Diel
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Where is my 5 inches of snow? All we got was rain and ice :(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.