Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe J.
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my neverending quest for more G-gold, I constantly prowl through the closets of my family and friends, looking for old obscure games that perhaps no one has written a review or session report for. Most of the time I leave disapointed, sometimes I find that rare forgotten gem, and then there are times when I wish I had been hit by a bus before opening the closet door.

Yeah, this is one of those games.

The Rocky Mountain Bone Rollers Guild was called into an emergency session by their beloved President (yeah, that would be me), because he had found this game under 3 blankets, 2 boxes of old photographs and a partridge in a pear tree, on the top shelf of the hallway closet.

To be honest, I didn't have a clue where it had come from, and even the folks were clueless at to its origins. Still, a desire grew in me to at least look it over. Pulled open the box, and lo and behold, brand spanking new. With prize under one arm and cell phone already making calls, I headed over to the apartment of Wes and James.

Trust me, I'll never live this down.

We had the Geek opened to Dan "Bigland" Bigmore's excellent review, and after a quick perusal of it and the rules, we thought we were ready.

Dear God, this is a lousy game. Either that, or we're just too stupid to enjoy it properly. We futzed around on the board, made a poor attempt at actually playing the game, and ended up tossing the doughnuts in the air and skeet-shooting them with rubber bands (I got 3, Wes won with 7).
Part of the problem is that the game doesn't make you care about anything. At least in Settlers you care about what the other guy is earning every turn, or in Dragon Dice what the other players have in their armies. A dead girl and a town full of cryptic (and misspelled), clues, who gives a rat's a**? Laura Palmer is the lucky one. She's dead and doesn't have to live there anymore. Bigland's review was spot-on, folks. We saw everything he pointed out that was wrong with the game. "What do you know? He was right! Parcheesi anyone?"

After an honest thirty minutes of trying to play this wretched attempt at entertainment, we put it away and turned to more lighthearted fare, with a rousing game of BANG!

Seriously, gang, if you're curious about the game, read the review and take heed. Read this session report and be warned. This game should be avoided at all costs. I regret the hour I spent trying to play it because I'll NEVER GET IT BACK!

So what's the end result. Board and pieces neatly stored (we even put the doughnuts in a baggie so they wouldn't get stale), and a quick trip to the Salvation Army drop box on my way home, where I washed my hands thoroughly with Lava soap. Hell, I still feel unclean.

At least the night won't be a total loss, my son is waiting for a game of Battleball.

Down, set, hike!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Session Report
Eek, well, thanks for the session report, I hope the gold I put up was worth your trouble

BTW, you might want to head back down to the Salvation Army, this game fetches 50$ or so on ebay... surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
a quick trip to the Salvation Army drop box on my way home

Ouch! The Twin Peaks geek in me would have liked to get its hands on this one, no matter how bad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe J.
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I appreciate the gold, but the pain is still with me.soblue

Guess I'll head down to the SA and see if I can find the darn game if it's worth that much. shake Maybe I can trade it for somethig I like playing.

Thanks for getting me that much closer to my Geekbadge!

Maj

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.