Subject: BBC...Bookery Boardgaming Club...Fairborn, Ohio rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Conley
United States
Enon
Ohio
flag msg tools
Life is too short not to live it up a little!
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings, All! For gamers in the greater Dayton, Ohio area (and beyond!), the Bookery Boardgaming Club is now meeting EVERY Sunday from noon - 6:00 PM. Please note the time change! We meet in the downstairs gaming area at Bookery Fantasy, 13 W. Main St. in downtown Fairborn. The 6:00 end time means that we must be heading for the exits BY 6:00. Bookery actually closes at 5:00 and they're nice enough to let us stay for that extra time, so please be courteous in observing the time parameters.

We also encourage a BYOB (Bring Your Own Boardgame) policy, so feel free to bring a favorite along that you'd like to play and be willing to teach others. Folks ages 10 and up are welcomed, so parents are encouraged to bring the family and make an afternoon of it!

Rules to any of our games will be taught, so new players as well as you grizzled veterans are welcomed!

Questions? Reply to this forum, send me a Geekmail, OR use my home e-mail, playdead1414@yahoo.com You can e-mail Rocky at rockygreer@earthlink.net or give Bookery a call at 937-879-3940. Ask for Eric. The store's e-mail is bookerynews@yahoo.com

We hope to see you at a BBC meeting soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Enon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our last meeting (Jan. 11) was a bit light on attendance as some of our regulars were unable to attend. HOWEVER, we welcomed two NEW folks, which was great! We played Wasabi, Sleuth, and Galaxy Trucker and had a terrific time!

Our next meeting is Sunday, January 25th. (See the original post above for details.) Hoping to get in another Talisman game this time WITH The Reaper expansion. Galaxy Trucker will almost certainly see some table time. I'm personally eager to get Commands & Colors:Ancients to the table. As noted above, we have a load of games from which to choose. Hope to see you at Bookery Fantasy on the 25th!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there. Hopefully my copies of Formula D, Ghost Stories, and Pandemic will be in. May also bring Android in, as the wife bought it for me from you guys, but it could be a time sink.

And what the heck, Agricola, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Keefe
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I can convince the wife, I'll be there. We can only hope...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Karadek wrote:

Well, We don't have gamer's club at the school today. Could be as bargaining chip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Enon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FunkyBlue wrote:
I'll be there. Hopefully my copies of Formula D, Ghost Stories, and Pandemic will be in. May also bring Android in, as the wife bought it for me from you guys, but it could be a time sink.

And what the heck, Agricola, too.

Hi, Chris! We'll look forward to seeing you! Sounds like you're right about Android...that would take the afternoon!!! You might very well have some takers, though!

See you then!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Enon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Karadek wrote:

Hi, Kevin! You could always bring her along... If she's anything at all like MY wife, that would be about the LAST place on earth she'd want to be, though!!!

We hope to see you soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Enon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick update for the Jan. 25th session. I had an e-mail from someone wanting to play Memoir '44. Not sure at this point whether that would be a 2-player or a 2-board Overlord scenario. If there's enough interest, we can set up one of the big ones...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Enon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick report from today's BBC meeting (Jan. 25th)...we had SIX new folks with us today! SWEEEEET!!! Again, several gamers who had joined us previously weren't there today, but we were TWELVE today with our new additions! SO we keep growing and good times continue to be had by all!

We started the day with a demo session of FFG's Cosmic Encounter. A group then broke off to play Formula D while a second group (by request) did a 4-player Runebound Second Edition. When Formula D wrapped up, that group moved to Pandemic, and THEN Agricola! With a few more folks in attendance by then, a group formed to play Dominion, while a third group moved to Sorry! Sliders and then Ave Caesar.

Boardgaming continues to pick up steam at the BBC! Our next meeting is Sunday, Feb. 8th. See above for details. Hope to see you soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll bring Ghost Stories back on the 8th. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Enon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good, Chris! Hope you can teach ME to play!!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Enon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WELL, while I did NOT learn how to play Ghost Stories today shake , I did have another enjoyable day at BBC! It's been especially gratifying to watch our numbers gradually grow and to see new folks show up at every session!

Today's games included Talisman, Dominion, Ghost Stories, the new anniversary edition of Axis & Allies, Formula D, Wasabi, Mr. Jack, Pandemic, and Family Business. I'm sure I missed a few, but those are the ones I managed to observe or participate in AND write down the names of!!!

Thanks to all of you who have been attending and supporting us! Our next meeting is Sunday, February 22nd. Hope to see you there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We also got a game of Manila in at the very end. I was quite impressed with Mr Jack.

I also did not get to play Ghost Stories... I even read through the rules twice in preparation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Enon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MANILA! I KNEW I forgot at least one!!! shake

MUST try Ghost Stories...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Enon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WELL, attendance dropped for the first time since we've been meeting. Lots of folks with other things to do yesterday. Hopefully, things will pick back up in March. Eric at the store said things have been slow overall in February. Even some of the other regular sessions scheduled on Sundays weren't there yesterday...

We did proceed, of course! Games played were Agricola, Ghost Stories, Last Night on Earth, and Red November. Great fun!

For March, we meet on the 8th and the 22nd. Same time as always (see initial posting above for those details). See you soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi, Dan! Just wanted to say that I will be attending one of your Bookery sessions sooner or later. It's just a question of getting out of work early enough to get out there in time to play something! Maybe I need a new job. Btw, a couple of my crew and I made it to Chris' buddy's house (that would be Kevin) when they did their get-together, and met a bunch of really nice folks. Danged if I can remember everyone's name, but Kevin and Eric consented to appease our Agricola fever, which was fun, and I got to see Formula D in action, which looks pretty cool for a racing game (not that there's anything wrong with those!), and I also got to see Pillars of the Earth in action, which also looks good, especially since I've actually read the book that inspired it. So anyway, never say never; I will make it up your way sooner than later, I swear!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Enon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to meeting you, Geoff!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Enon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, a new month and a nice bounce upward in attendance! We had a few new folks, which is always great!!! We also had a couple of folks return whom we hadn't seen for awhile. I'm envisioning how many tables would be filled if everyone who ever attended showed up on the same Sunday!!! cool

We did have to cut the session short and stick to the normal business hours for the store due to staff illness. So we maximized our gaming time and had some REALLY fun sessions! For ME, the highlight was my introduction to PitchCar!!! Many thanks to Chris for bringing it! I told him that, if he returns with it, I'll likely want to spend all 6 hours playing it! GREAT game!

I was also introduced to another goodie, Neuroshima Hex. I squeaked out a victory in our two-player game, myself vs. Dorsey. Dorsey was nice enough to make some suggestions along the way or I'm sure he would have creamed me!!! This is a cool game. I'm eager to see how a 4 player might go...

We also had sessions of Pandemic, Dominion, Last Night on Earth (2 games...Humans 1, Zombies 1) and Nexus Ops. I checked in on each game briefly and it seemed that EVERYONE was well entertained!

Our next meeting is in two weeks on Sunday, March 22. Hope you can join us!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Enon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The BBC met again yesterday and, by my count, fell just one short of tying our record for most attendees for a session!!! (Full disclosure...we had 15 yesterday. We are small but mighty...)

I've been trying to track all the games played at each get-together. Yesterday's games were...

Conan...the new FFG game. Yeah, I was beheaded. gulp OW!

Alhambra

Race for the Galaxy

Dominion

PitchCar + Expansion 1

Modern Art

Formula D

Airships

Zooloretto

Formula Motor Racing (GMT)

Red Dragon Inn

The last game being played WAS Red Dragon Inn and they played right up until 8:00!!! They were having such a good time, I thought the Dragon Inn players might have to be dragged OUT!!! cool (Sorry...couldn't resist.)

We continute to have Good Times at our meetings and hope you'll join us! We meet again on Sunday, April 5th at Bookery from 2:00 - 8:00. See the first post at the top for details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Enon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, last Sunday was WAY down on attendance and games played. Apologies to the two folks who showed up on time and no one was there. yuk I was unable to attend for the first time and it seemed that was the case for a number of other folks.

The folks who WERE in attendance played Genji and Dominion. Thanks, Bill and company for filling in!

Our next meeting is Sunday, April 19th. We should be back up and running more normally. Once again, sorry I missed a couple of you...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I should be there next week armed with Hamsterrolle, Red Dragon 2 with enough seats for 8 with the first box, amd Giants. I love the look of the bits in Giants. The heads are very cool and I've always loved Easter Island.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Enon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday's session was a BLAST!!! We were indeed back "up and running" after that "off week" two weeks ago. Rocky, co-founder of the BBC, was back in attendance after a lengthy absence. We realized how much his sense of humor was truly missed once we had him back! One new attendee and several "old faces" joined us for some truly spirited gaming!

We played-

Last Night on Earth

Race For the Galaxy

Stone Age

To Court the King

Powerboats

World of Warcraft: the Adventure Game

The two games of Last Night on Earth got pretty rowdy!!! A great time was had by all with the humans claiming victory over the zombies in both games.

The surprise hit was Cwali's Powerboats. I had just picked up a copy of the game recently and hadn't gotten to try it out. After some initial missteps with the dice-rolling mechanic yuk , we were going strong and having a BLAST! Check this game out if you haven't already! TWO folks who played yesterday ordered a copy before they left the store!!!

The BBC meets again Sunday, May 3rd. See the initial post of this thread for details. Hope to see you there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to be there but our game night was Staurday night and we stayed up until 4:00am. When I woke up on Sunday, I was a zombie until about 5:00pm... I had a bunch of fun stuff to try out, too...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Enon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Chris! WELL, we DID play two games of Last Night on Earth, so you would've fit right in!!! I knew you had your game night Saturday...just didn't know it would become game MORNING!!!

Seriously, I sort of figured that's what happened. No worries! Hope we'll see you next time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Enon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had 10 of us this past Sunday at the BBC. Some of us played a long game of Talisman Rev. 4th Ed. with the new Dungeon expansion. We agreed that the degree of difficulty on this one is pretty high! Of the five of us, four of us went IN the dungeon, but we all left eventually! shake No one figured they had ANY shot at the Big Boy at the end. Seems pretty ridiculous to me... yuk

We also had folks playing Powerboats, Tribune, Red November, and Red Dragon Inn. From the "you likely won't play this anywhere else right now" category, Bill brought a prototype of one of his game designs! Sounded like fun from where I was sitting!!!

Our next get-together is Sunday, May 17th. I'm HOPING to get in an Overlord session of Memoir '44 if there's interest. I finally caved and got the Hedgerow Hell paper map expansion and would like to see if it was $ well-spent...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [59] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.