Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Andrews
United States
Garland
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do all of you manage to shuffle the pieces in the bag? My bag is quite full, so shuffling is more than a little difficult.

Should I just plan on acquiring a larger bag?

Brad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure how important shuffling actually is for games that use a bag.

If the tiles are placed back in a reasonably random order, then given a bit of a shake, that should do.

Remember, people aren't going to draw these tiles out by taking the top one, then the next one.

Most people did down to a random place and grab a tile, therefore shuffling by themselves.

N.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Garland
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Digging out randomly would help, but I am concerned about effectively using the same tiles for every game.

Brad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R T
Portugal
LX
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Get a bigger sack...
I notice that after a game the only way to shuffle the tiles is before putting them in the sack.
If you just put them back to the sack, you end getting the tiles grouped, even you try to shuffle inside the small sack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
for one game of Ra, someone dumped all the tiles into a big ceramic bowl. He then used a big wooden spoon to mix the tiles, and then dumped all the tiles back into the bag. It seemed to work. We wern't getting 7 floods in the first epoch anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.