Hide
4 Posts

Skip-Bo» Forums » Rules

Subject: Skip-bo discard rules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Terri Underhill
msg tools
Question about Skip-Bo card game rules. The other day a few of us were playing Skip-Bo and my sister said that when you have four discard piles and you play off one discard pile leaving only three discard piles, when you go to discard the next time you don't have to place your next discard on the empty spot. She said if she wants to place it on top of the other three discard piles, she can.
I say you have to keep four discard piles. example: I have three piles, 10-9-8, I want to discard a 10. I must use my 10 as the fourth pile. She said she can put the 10 on top of the other 10 pile leaving the fourth pile still empty.
Who is right? I have searched everywhere and can't find anyplace to post my question
thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Cramer
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that you can place the discard on any one of the four discard piles in front of you. Without the rules in front of me, I am not 100% correct.

So the way we play, your sister would be correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri Underhill
msg tools
Thanks for your reply.It just seemed sensless to have four piles and not have to keep four.
I appreciate you getting back with me.I sure hate telling her she's right
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Amos
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I play this with my wife all the time, you don't have to maintain four full piles, that's part of the management challenge, you could have seven cards in one discard stack and none in the other three. You can only take the last card off a given stack though, so 6 of them are effectively out of play until you can play off that stack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.