Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Warren Cheung
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know of a source of wooden trains that might be a better match for the Queen edition than the original blocks? I'm looking forward to playing with this once it arrives in the mail, but if I can find trains to substitute for the blocks that would be even better!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
"I fear threatening JC with a thumb boycott would be as effective as threatening Br'er Rabbit with the briar patch." (E. Brosius)
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered those trains to see if I could DIY something for the Erie set. The trains are definitely not the same dimensions as the ones in CE. They're a bit larger. Shorter but more stout and taller. Still, they do the job. Just the same, in retrospect, the cubes with Erie work perfectly fine and clutter the board less.

TBH, I'd just as soon be using small cubes in place of the trains to reduce people fiddling with getting them straight pointing and to allow for several in a hex more easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Smith
United States
Perris
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hand cut a couple of trains today to match the ones in Chicago Express. It's way to much work. So I did some math and figured that for about 7$US I could get identical trains that would only need to be painted. In each copy of CE there are 103 trains that makes 7 complete sets. If we could get 7 people to go in on one copy of CE we could each have trains to paint. Is anybody interested in paintable sets for 7$US+shipping or should I get back to cutting?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
manhattandoctor wrote:

I ordered these and actually just started spray painting them brown (the first one is sitting out in the shed drying to see if it works before spraying the rest.) The trains appear to be indetical to the trains that came with TransAmerica.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.