Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: BGG_2.0 [+] [View All]
Sheldon Morris
Canada
Elora
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So good to have you back BGG! Naturally there are a number of issues but they appear to be being fixed one at a time. I know you guys are putting in some serious overtime and you'll get there soon. Thanks so much; I was getting quite antsy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Roszczyk
Poland
Wroclaw
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just want to say, that files section isn't working probably. Every .doc file that I download is corrupted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wickes
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well done guys - much kudos. Keep playing with it though - at the moment it's slower than my father playing Monopoly....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The look-up calendar on the "record a play" screen isn't loading properly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leland Pike
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

You're back!!!

It took f-o-r-e-v-e-r for the Geek to load for me, but well worth the wait. (I can log in and everything so far.)

Thanks for all the work you guys do (and have always done) to make this community happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one."
badge
"No matter how low your opinion of Washington DC, it's nothing compared to Washington DC's low opinion of you."
mb
Really slow. I haven't test anything yet . . . will get right on it. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Actually the more I try the less seems to work;

I can't open mail
Pages lock out and when I click back I end up at the front page.
It seems to be getting slower by the minute.
The inability to restructure the games page, even for those with great breath holding ability is a real balls ache.

At this moment I think the site is pretty much firing on one cylinder and I hope the changes prove to be worth the growing pains and upheaval. Good luck, I think the hard work is about to begin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Nicely
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything is very slow for me too. I tried to go to my mailbox, timed out the first time, got it the second. Don't know if I can open mail yet, it's taking way too long to try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
"No matter how low your opinion of Washington DC, it's nothing compared to Washington DC's low opinion of you."
mb
It was very slow, but I've been able to:

• Record games played via the search-return list
• Change status of items in my collection or remove them completely (again, through a search-return list or from the game's entry page.

But these were VERY slow.

(Using Firefox on OSX 10.3.9)

When looking at my contributions, I love the way "Geeklist items" display entries and comments in an intended outline format. Mini-avatars, too. A space-saving feature.

EDIT: I also like the fact that "The Hot List" is now called "The Hotness". I heartily approve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I've submitted about 3 or 4 right now to the Fogbug thingy. Still going through a lot of testing.

:Dpcoolangrymeeplesurpriseblushsnorecrykissdevilsoblueyukgulpshakearrrhzombierobotninjasaurongoo

Edit: That's weird. My avatar changed even though I thought it canceled that on me due to a bug.

5vpwheatsheepwoodlimecamelmintcamelgreentrainredtrain

TEST Normal.

:goldenmeeple:goldencamel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Biggar
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In the recent additions listing, image comments just show the image but not the game title or caption of the image

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnRayJr wrote:
1.) Are my personal comments supposed to be displayed when I'm browsing the rankings pages? If so, what's the rationale?

Awesome, they show your personal status, plays, and comments.

Excellent change.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Rappak wrote:
Edit: That's weird. My avatar changed even though I thought it canceled that on me due to a bug.

Heh. I was about to say "Found a bug! Rappak's avatar changed!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Awesome job! Welcome back!!!!

My mail to someone via geekmail just bounced with this message:

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
|/forwardmessage.php
(reason: 255)
(expanded from: )

----- Transcript of session follows -----
PHP Warning: require_once(/var/www/bggsrc/connect.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /etc/smrsh/forwardmessage.php on line 3
PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/var/www/bggsrc/connect.inc' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /etc/smrsh/forwardmessage.php on line 3
554 5.3.0 unknown mailer error 255

Final-Recipient: RFC822; reply+5nx4vast9@boardgamegeek.com
X-Actual-Recipient: X-Unix; |/forwardmessage.php
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Unix; 255
Last-Attempt-Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 18:45:36 -0600

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Lartigue
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the new geeklist look!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray LaBarbera
United States
Newark
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a trade that scheduled to expire on Feb 2, and it is still "active". Dont know whether this is a function of the downtime, or the new BGG.

Ray

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Jansen
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
Can I drive the bus?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm noticing some definite speed improvements: nicely done! The only thing I'm noticing so far is that "The Hotness" on the left side is blank.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Stupid question - where is advanced search now? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
It's a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
It appears that a geeklist I had sorted by Rank is now no longer sorted by rank. It's in normal order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grandslam wrote:
Stupid question - where is advanced search now? Thanks.

? Right beside the Go button at the top of screen, just as it was before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know if it's already been posted, kinda drowned after all those pages of combined junkie drool and bugs, but:

If I go to My geek/stats/games owned by year I seem to have loads and loads of games: every game is mentioned in all the different languages....

Oh, and probably wishful thinking: I was kinda hoping that when I clicked on "tags" in my profile, that when I see "related tags" and see the number of combined tags, that clicking there would lead me to just those combined tags. Instead of just repeating the same link in tags.

Ah well, I guess I just keep bitching untill either my favorite "sort by tags" feature returns or just give up all hope of this database getting fully useful for me again and just sticking to my trusty excel file that is available 365 days a year...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hébert
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know if this is a result of the changeover, but this file from the RISK 2210 files collection comes up corrupt every time I download it (it's the galactic risk variant):

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/file/download/31139/galacticris...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T.L.W.
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's probably slow because a gajillion geeks are on it at the same time after all of the downtime.

Great job and thanks for a great site and keeping it up to date. Your hard work is greatly appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucio Rodriguez
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
designer
Yep, more words here.
badge
This is overtext. Man, what an awesome use of 100 geekgold! :)
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm sure this will get lost in the torrent here, but great work to everyone who worked on this. Thanks Aldie, Derk, and Dakarp for all your hard work and dedication.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
JohnRayJr wrote:
1.) Are my personal comments supposed to be displayed when I'm browsing the rankings pages? If so, what's the rationale?

Awesome, they show your personal status, plays, and comments.

Excellent change.

I guess. The truth is, I don't feel like reading my personal comments every time I browse the rankings. I wrote them; I know what they say. They're largely for the benefit of other users browsing a game's personal comments.

Not a big deal though. I would like the thumbnail for the game's to revert to its former (larger) size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [22] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.