Subject: Q: Army Group/Supreme HQ rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bart de Groot
Belgium
Vosselaar
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep re-reading the rules, but I can't find the explanation of what Army Group/Supreme HQ (round) units actually DO in game terms. I assume perhaps that they allow multiple Army HQ units to be in the same hex, but the setup example in the BM has the Supreme HQ unit inside the battle box of the Army HQ and stacking rules make no mention of this, so that makes me unsure about it. Could someone tell me please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
greg laplante
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
ok the army group?supreme hq's are used for supplies points. on each continent if that opion is used. hope that helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Schreiner
msg tools
Yeah, that bugged me too. I go as far back as AH's original 1958 Gettysburg, and do like some of the Smithsonian games (but I'm really hooked on Victory Point Games' "20" series now, so I kind of rotate my old favorites through the year playing solitaire. Across 5 Aprils is another classic easy to play.

But the D-Day manual does not explain locating the round units other than "on the continent." Shouldn't there be some extra rationale for their position? You could just stick them all in a corner someplace where they can't be touched. My rule is that a supply line is only six hexes, and a round unit (acting as a sort of depot) extends that supply line. In the 1944 setup, for instance, if the German "B" unit is located in LeMans at the start, then all German units would be in supply. Zones of control could really mess with this, as they actually did. In addition, units located within 3 hexes of a supreme command unit (Shaef or OB West) get an extra movement factor and a +1 combat modifier per battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Bateman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always figured they were just there for aesthetics, like the useless HQ's in Tactics II.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrew
Australia
bayswater
western australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So in the basic game you may as well just leave them off the map?
Or despite having a zero DM do they still have a Zone of control?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.