Homestead
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Top 100 Games of all Time
badge
Dice Tower Convention, July 2013!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
A chaotic Stratego with no real goals, and little fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
markus
Austria
vienna
vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
thanks for the warning.
might have considered this otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Doe
msg tools
Played Draco Mundis for the first time. I liked it. This game falls into the imperfect knowledge pure strategy game category. While it is not my favorite game, I found it interesting enough to warrant further play.

I have to respectfully disagree with your assessment of the game. Go, Chess, and Stratego don't have "sophisticated" Euro-themes and are fun. Some people like games that require depth of strategy without being dumped in "theme" ketchup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just found this at Value Village for $2.99. It was in excellent condition, so I took the chance. It looks fun enough that I'll give it a try. I'm a Stratego fan, and this looks to have some similarities.

Since I haven't played it yet, I cannot counter Tom's review, but it seems to me that a strategy game with a few random elements is not necessarily a bad thing. It gives less strategic players a fighting chance because of the "luck factor." A weaker player has the potential to beat an advanced player, whereas purely strategic games such as chess and Go, that never happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.