Subject: Einfach Stark! - new version of Barenstark rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Jackson
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Am I a man or am I a muppet? If I'm a muppet then I'm a very manly muppet!
mbmbmbmbmb
Haba has just published a new version of Barenstark... everything looks the same with the following exceptions:

- meadow spaces are not removed for scoring... instead, players have "honey drop" counters

- there is an extra "symbol" die that can be used with "professional" players. The sides are:
* don't move the bear but do turn him 360 degrees
* move him 1 space w/your right hand
* move him 2 spaces w/your right hand
* move him 1 space w/your left hand
* move him 2 spaces w/your right hand
* don't move the bear

Color me excited - it's neat to have this great game back in print!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ross
Canada
North Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news! I'll have to see about getting a few copies as gifts. The "professional" rules look like a fun addition.
gamemark wrote:
meadow spaces are not removed for scoring... instead, players have "honey drop" counters
Are the honey drops put onto the meadow tiles so that players need to skip over these spaces for the rest of the game? Part of the fun is the increasing challenge as more or larger gaps open in the ring of tiles.

Cheers,
Sean

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honey drops are returned to the box... you can download a PDF of the rules from Haba's German site.

http://www.haba.de/fileadmin/pdf/Spieleanleitungen/4332_Einf...

Nothing will stop you from doing just what you suggested, though!

BTW, I've asked Haba USA if they plan on bringing copies here - I'll reply back on this thread when I know something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ross
Canada
North Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
gamemark wrote:
you can download a PDF of the rules from Haba's German site.
Thanks for the link. The first thing I noticed when I opened the PDF was that now, with the honey drops used for penalties instead of removing tiles, the game supports 2-6 players instead of just 2-4 players. That's a welcome change. I'll have to see about adding some honey-coloured beads to my copy of Bärenstark.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ross
Canada
North Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
gamemark wrote:
I've asked Haba USA if they plan on bringing copies here - I'll reply back on this thread when I know something.
Any news? I've got some people looking to get copies but the only places I've seen that are carrying it are Spiele Offensive and Amazon.de.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
None yet... I'll poke 'em again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seandavidross wrote:
gamemark wrote:
I've asked Haba USA if they plan on bringing copies here - I'll reply back on this thread when I know something.
Any news? I've got some people looking to get copies but the only places I've seen that are carrying it are Spiele Offensive and Amazon.de.

Here's the word from Haba USA... and it's GOOD news!

Haba USA wrote:
Great game – in fact we had so much fun with this game in Feb at our toy Fair that we decided to make it in all English packaging (unfortunately most of my retail store owners prefer the all English vs. the international packaging). So we held off on bringing the german version over here until the new all English game was printed. My latest ETA shows that we should have it in stock and be shiping to retailers in September! The new English version is called Strong Stuff and the item number of the game is 3175 (many online retailers will allow for a search by item code).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ross
Canada
North Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mark! Good news! I know several people who will want copies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.