Josh P.
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Monty Python Fluxx is a fun little filler game from Looney Labs. The Fluxx-series of games are card games with a variety of themes that feature ever-changing rules. They were designed by Andrew Looney and his hippie friends:

For Zombie Fluxx users, one complaint was the side-by-side tuckbox that barely fit the cards (and doesn't fit the cards if you buy Zombie Fluxx Flame-Thrower Expansion Pack). Python Fluxx fixes this issue with a much better designed box:

The way the game works is that you start with a very basic set of rules:

The rules of the game are in constant, well, flux. Each player is constantly playing cards that alter the gameplay experience:

While many of the rules are helpful, there are many that are just silly:

There is even an emergency card to prevent things from getting too silly:

Notice that none of these rules explain how to win the game. To define the win conditions of the game you need to play a goal card:

The goal will change many times during the game, which makes the game really crazy and random. There is no deep strategy here, but certain tactical combinations of cards can win you the game sometimes.

So, once you have a goal, it is all about getting the right combination of keepers and/or creepers in play:

Here's an example of a winning combination:

Lastly, there are lots of event cards that provide a one-time benefit:

In conclusion, this is a very fun game that provides a quick filler between games or a great way to pass time with the wife while dinner cooks. I prefer Zombie Fluxx more for its theme, but this game is far sillier and great to play after watching some Flying Circus or Holy Grail. Enjoy yourself and get lost in the silliness. This game plays quickly, is easy to teach to new players, sets up quickly, and doesn't require a lot of table space. If you enjoy this game, I would also recommend another great Looney Labs game: Chrononauts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunga Dunga
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joshp wrote:
There is no deep strategy here, but certain tactical combinations of cards can win you the game sometimes.

My wife and I played this once, and that was our conclusion.

Are we missing something here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Holyoak
United States
Idaho Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
Designer Wannabe
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very fun review.
And thanks for the link to the Flame Thrower Expansion!!
I had no idea it even existed.zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.