3 Posts

Keltis: Der Weg der Steine Mitbringspiel» Forums » Variants

Subject: Make it less predictable rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just recently played Keltis: Der Weg der Steine (the mini game), and really liked it. Knizia is my favorite designer and I like his simple games with difficult choices to make.
Lost Cities is one of my favorite 2 player games, and one of the reasons are the possiblity to bluff your opponent by hiding cards in your hand that he/she is desperate to use himself/herself.
I know Keltis is made like a family game, and therefore is made with a lot of open information regarding the tiles.
Well, here is my suggestion that suits me and my friends:

With 2 players: remove 2 tiles randomly from the game (face down), and both players have 1 chance to discard 1 of the face-down tiles he/she draws during the game (also discarded face down).

With 3 players: remove 1 tile randomly from the game (face down), and the players have 1 chance to discard 1 of the face-down tiles he/she draws during the game (also discarded face down).

With 4 players: no tiles are removed from the game, but the players have 1 chance to discard 1 of the face-down tiles he/she draws during the game (also discarded face down).

This makes the game more unpredictable, and a bit more like Lost Cities.
Please let me know what you think.

Best wishes Xaykev.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Xaykev wrote:
With 2 players: remove 2 tiles randomly from the game (face down), and both players have 1 chance to discard 1 of the face-down tiles he/she draws during the game (also discarded face down).... Etc.

I assume you mean that during the game, each player has the option to discard one tile, unseen by either player?

In other words, one player isn't "drawing" the tile, looking at it, then deciding to discard it or not? They're simply choosing to discard one of the face-down tiles instead of picking a face-up one from the middle, or turning over a face-down tile, as would be their normal turn's actions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, he is drawing a tile, looking at it, then decides to discard it face-down (no longer part of that game). It gives you a bit more strategy, and also some bluffing. We never play without this rule now, and we play the game a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.