Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We are seeking feedback from any customer who has ordered from us (maydaygames.com website orders) to let others know of their experiences and help us improve your experience in the future.

Please note any issues related to the release date of items we'd ask that you email us directly at maydaygames@gmail.com or check our website's main page at www.maydaygames.com for the latest on release dates and product availability.

We value all customer feedback but would ask that you specifically address the product quality, shipping and communication aspects of our service. Unfortunately the release dates of our products are sometimes beyond our control as we are at the mercy of our factory's schedule and international shipping carriers for product availability. We do strive to keep the public posted on all release dates at our main page and on the individual product detail pages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it have to be ordered from your website? I ordered some of your euro card sleeves through cardhaus, and they worked great for dominion. They even speeded up the shuffle process since its easier to shuffle the dominion decks when sleeved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Volk
United States
Richfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
http://www.mortificationofspin.org/
mbmbmbmbmb
I preordered LeHavre from Mayday through the BGG Marketplace (not their website) and I was very satisfied with the experience. They had great communication, and the game was delivered in perfect condition. They added a pack of wooden carrots for use in Agricola - and they are going to send card sleeves as an extra added bonus.

Add it all up, and I had a very favorable purchasing experience!

Thanks Mayday Games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde Nagakura
United States
Los Gatos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
maydaygames wrote:
...We value all customer feedback but would ask that you specifically address the product quality, shipping and communication aspects of our service.

First, let me say I'm very happy with the quality of your products and don't have any open issues thumbsup

The "Order Information" information on your website could be improved.

I have placed 2 orders directly through www.maydaygames.com

My first order (#100000286) was for: Euro Card Sleeves, Wooden Farmers, Euro Token Expansion.
All items were a "preorder" on 2/8
I received an email on 2/9 with a tracking number, and told to expect shipment in 3-4 weeks.
The status of my order on the website became "Complete" on 2/9.
The "Order Information" page showed all the items "shipped".
This was not accurate information, since they were all preorder items.
My order actually did ship on 4/10, and was delivered on 4/13.

My second order (#100000514) was for: La Havre (with bonus Euro Card Sleeves), Kings Tokens, Arkham Dice.
The order was placed on 4/14.
I received an email on 4/15 that La Havre had shipped, but the card sleeves and Kings Tokens would ship in 1-2 weeks.
The status of my order on the website is "Complete".
The "Order Information" page showed all the items "shipped".
This is not accurate information, since the Card Sleeves, Kings Tokens and Dice have not shipped.
La Havre (and bonus carrots) was delivered on 4/17.

You are asking for feedback, so here is my list of suggestions:
1. The order status should not be "Complete" until all items have shipped.
2. The "Order Information" page should not show items as shipped until they have actually shipped.
3. The "Order Information" page lists bundled items (like La Havre, Carrots, Card Sleeves) as one item, so there is no way to show that part of the bundle has shipped and part is backordered.
4. Packages should include a packing list, showing the items in the shipment and items on backorder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Clyde,

First thanks for your orders, we certainly appreciate your business. Based on your post we have added an FAQ page at:

http://maydaygames.com/index.php/faq

We are glad you received your products and that you have no open issues with us. We see your point and hope the FAQ will help.

The problem comes from the PREORDER issue. If a product is in stock then the order system works great and the product is shipped the day the order is completed. Unfortunately about 1/2 our orders to date have been "preorders" and therein lies the trouble. If we just don't do anything with the orders then they will show as "pending" until they ship, which could be a month or two until products come out, as happened in your case. The "pending" status doesn't do you any good as it doesn't tell you when it will ship at all.

Instead we have physically made labels for each order to ensure that customers with preorders get their items as quickly as possible. We keep a manual control of all labels and quantities to ensure no one with a preorder gets passed over while we ship to large resellers.

The result is that we ship items as soon as we get them in and not a day later, and that you get you never see your FLGS with a product on their shelves that you preordered from the manufacturer a month before.

We don't have very many options with our current system other than generating labels and shipping items the way we are doing it or simply waiting to ship the order at all in the system or with labels until the product is released, which would waste several days of "release date" time while we made labels for several hundred orders for each new product.

We are totally open to suggestions and would ask anyone to email us or geekmail us if you believe we could add anything to the FAQ at all or have any other specific questions or concerns.

Great point Clyde, thanks for taking the time to bring it up. I hope this is more clear now. Hopefully this will resolve itself as more and more of our products are IN STOCK and less and less are preorder due to high demand. Oh wait, we like high demand huh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wei Jen Seah
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Seth,

I recently ordered 160 packs of premium Euro sleeves from Mayday, but after sleeving some cards, I realised that the lengths for the sleeves aren't even. There are some that fit the 92mm length perfectly, but most of them are of the 94-95mm length, but there were also some packs of 97mm length!

Is this a general QC problem with the batch, and will we be able to get replacements?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes we are aware of the problem, it effected about 5% of the batch from what we can tell so far. Please email to maydaygames@gmail.com with the number of sleeves/packs that are bad and we will gladly replace them ASAP. The factory just informed us of this problem and they are re-running the batch at no expense so we will replace any bad sleeves no questions asked.

We posted this earlier this week on our website at www.maydaygames.com. Please note that the US release for the thicker (premium) sleeves is scheduled for around May 1. I'm assuming you got yours through an international distributor. You can contact them and they can replace them there as well if you prefer. They may be able to take care of it quicker than by having us ship from the US, especially since we don't even have product in stock yet.

Thanks for your business and sorry for the quality issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wei Jen Seah
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maydaygames wrote:
Yes we are aware of the problem, it effected about 5% of the batch from what we can tell so far. Please email to maydaygames@gmail.com with the number of sleeves/packs that are bad and we will gladly replace them ASAP. The factory just informed us of this problem and they are re-running the batch at no expense so we will replace any bad sleeves no questions asked.

We posted this earlier this week on our website at www.maydaygames.com. Please note that the US release for the thicker (premium) sleeves is scheduled for around May 1. I'm assuming you got yours through an international distributor. You can contact them and they can replace them there as well if you prefer. They may be able to take care of it quicker than by having us ship from the US, especially since we don't even have product in stock yet.

Thanks for your business and sorry for the quality issue.

Hi Seth,

Thanks for the quick reply, I actually ordered them direct through your website in bulk, can I confirm that the correct length size is 94/95mm? Meaning that the 92mm and 97mm packs are the "wrong" ones?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Wengler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same issues that you did with the card sleeve sizes.

I talked with Seth and he was very nice and responded to my emails within 30 min.

Also, the correct size for the sleeves is 94mm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde Nagakura
United States
Los Gatos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
maydaygames wrote:
...The "pending" status doesn't do you any good as it doesn't tell you when it will ship at all.

A "pending" status is helpful, since it informs me that the order has not been "lost".
On my first order, all the items were preorder, so watching the tracking number showed it had not shipped -- therefore not "lost".
On my second order, some items have shipped and some are backordered. The tracking number shows "delivered" for the first shipment, but there is no tracking number for the other items.

Your current workaround for website software limitations seems to be working, but having many physical labels waiting for backorder products might become problematic as orders increase. You do expect orders to increase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Kreutzer
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the Premium Euro sleeves in the mail today - and they are just great for my Agricola cards. It's been a revelation! Why haven't people been able to produce this kind of sleeves earlier? At long last - thank you, Mayday games! I'll order some more soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
clyde1138 wrote:
maydaygames wrote:
...The "pending" status doesn't do you any good as it doesn't tell you when it will ship at all.

A "pending" status is helpful, since it informs me that the order has not been "lost".
On my first order, all the items were preorder, so watching the tracking number showed it had not shipped -- therefore not "lost".
On my second order, some items have shipped and some are backordered. The tracking number shows "delivered" for the first shipment, but there is no tracking number for the other items.

Your current workaround for website software limitations seems to be working, but having many physical labels waiting for backorder products might become problematic as orders increase. You do expect orders to increase?

We certainly HOPE orders will increase

I think the physical labels thing is bad in some ways but its really nice to sort all the labels and orders by post mark date and be sure we ship all preorders before sending out product to distributors.

One thing we are anticipating is that items will remain in stock after the 2nd run of product so no one will have any backorder/preorder issues at all. If you look at the animeeples that is how they went. We sold the first batch out almost immediately, then the 2nd batch we kept in stock for almost a month. Now our 3rd batch we have is in stock and available for all to order. We are hoping by the end of May or early June to have all products in stock and no more backorder issues at all. Here is a list of items and restock dates to give you an idea:

Euro Tokens, Farmer Tokens, Yucatan Tokens, Stone Age Tokens and Kings Token Sets will be restocking in late May.

Standard thickness euro card sleeves will be restocking next week (end of April or early May) and the release date of the Premium Sleeves will be at the same time.

Mini Sleeves are scheduled for production now and we expect them in around early to mid June.

We are not going to be instantly sold out of the sleeves and farmers/tokens sets as we were on the initial release and hope to have them stocked after this restock for months to come. We have already requisitioned another batch of standard sleeves because this 2nd run is about 60% sold through.

Thanks for the feedback!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bonaparte
United States
DesMoines
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One part of my order was missed but they responded quickly and politely when I contacted them. Mistakes happen, how they are handled is what matters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde Nagakura
United States
Los Gatos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
maydaygames wrote:

We certainly HOPE orders will increase

Next week, I hope to see some special promotions for May first thumbsup
A company named Mayday must celebrate Mayday laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Langhorne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
"I will take love wherever I find it, and offer it to everyone who will take it. Seek knowledge from those wiser, and teach those who wish to learn." -Duane Allman
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered 15 packs of Mayday's Euro Sleeves when they were on Tanga. they shipped directly from Mayday and were shipped quickly. Especially quickly for a Tanga order. :p

One of the packs was defective. The bottom half of the sleeve were bunched up. I sent an email to Seth using the address provided on their website. He responded a couple of hours later and sent out a replacement pack right away.

I'm very satisfied with the service I received and I love the sleeves. Thank you for filling this niche in our community. I hope you continue to produce these sleeves for as long as they're needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Maron
Chile
Santiago
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kudos to Mayday Games for their great service! I've ordered a few times from them, and even though I switched back and forth with my last couple of orders, Seth was very patient and even suggested a cheaper shipping method AFTER I had already payed for the sleeves! He'll certainly get more orders from me in the future, now that he's made new sleeve sizes available...

[EDIT: Just to clarify a bit, my order was a mess: I ordered some Euro sized sleeves, then placed another order for mini sleeves, then changed my mind and paypal'd some more money to get more Euro sleeves... during a phone call to Seth to clear the mess I had made, he suggested I place only one order to save on shipping costs, and I received a refund/credit for the difference -- since I'll be ordering again, I opted for the credit].

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daley
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My experience was not dissimilar to yours. I changed my mind on the sleeves, opting for the heavier Premium sleeves at the last minute. It was all quite a jumble, as I had already been screwed around by Paypal (no fault of Mayday's). So in the end, after all the confusion, I emailed Seth and asked him just to send the standard sleeves - that way I could minimize the confusion and get my beloved Dominion games sleeved up.

Much to my suprise, the heavier sleeves arrived a few days later. I'm glad to have ended up with the heavier ones, as they are exactly what I wanted.

Thanks to Seth and the guys for getting me the right stuff, even through the confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Cooper
United States
Indiana
PA
flag msg tools
Expand your gaming!
mbmbmbmbmb
maydaygames wrote:
... address the product quality, shipping and communication aspects of our service.

Recently, I ordered some Purple sleeves, but found that many of the individual sleeves were too tight to fit my cards (Ticket to Ride & Kingsburg). I emailed Mayday Games about it just to let them know of the issue. Seth emailed me back about a week later "just to follow up" and offered to send me a few packs of sleeves, despite the fact that this wasn't my intention for the email.

Fact is, I've had great customer service from Mayday in the past, so wasn't overly concerned with a handful of sleeves that weren't fitting - they're not expensive in the first place, and I was able to sleeve all the cards I had wanted. In any case, it's customer service like this that keeps me going back to Mayday games. Rock on.

UPDATE: Packs came yesterday. I realize that Ogden isn't that far from Phoenix, but holy crap. Basically overnight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Walker
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Recently I ordered a bunch of sleeves through Tanga. It was my first time buying sleeves, I thought it was a good price, and I was at work, so I rushed my order without even considering the size of the sleeves. Sure enough, when I got my sleeves, they fit none of my games. I emailed Mayday Games and asked about a possible exchange even though I ordered through Tanga and that all the fault was mine. They quickly sent the size of sleeves I requested, only asking that I send the others back. The replacement sleeves arrived in just a couple of days. I was blown away at the ease of making this exchange.

Anyway, Mayday Games has an excellent product, the customer service is outstanding, and the shipping was very fast. If I ever buy sleeves again, I'll certainly be buying from them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Gonzales
United States
San Gabriel
California
flag msg tools
I just ordered 25 packs of Euro Size Card Sleeves.

Mayday Games Customer Service Rocks!
Easy transaction, fast shipment.
Great PRICED PRODUCT!!! with there coupon and free shipping. You cannot go wrong here.

-------It's nice to do business with a Company that knows how to price their items----------.Had I bought these from my local game store, they would have cost me an easy $86.00.

You know and the sad thing is; I want to support my local business, but when game stores charge MSRP I don't bother to purchase from my local game store.
I mean; even if I had to pay shipping on this order, I still save money.

Thank you, Mayday Games

Best regards,

Greg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
I also posted this over on the publisher page at:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/462013

I just wanted to give a nice shout out to Mayday games for their great service!

I ordered a ton of their premium sleeves for Dominion, as it turns out both from the original production run and the current production run. I had some minor issues with some of the sleeves from the first production run, which is now long gone.

Mayday games went above and beyond the call in helping me sort out the issues and sent replacements! Just amazing! (Suffice it to say I would have met them halfway in this case.)

Note that the current production run seems excellent to me, and I would not hesitate to get many more.

Sterling

Complaints? Oh, I need one here. Their emailed receipts don't seem to contain the date of the order. Arrgh! I like to keep track of that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Hopkins
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I ordered a complete set of the Agricola replacement tokens & some card slips. I found the order status emails to be informative & appropriate in number.

When the tokens arrived, three of the more fragile farmer pieces had been damaged (in transit from the US to Australia I expect). I took a photo with my mobile phone and sent an email enquiring whether I could get a replacement (and offered to pay for the shipping on the replacements), and was very pleased to get an email the next (working) day informing me that replacements for the damaged pieces were being shipped out, at no cost to me!

In due time the replacements arrived in perfect shape (with a little extra padding to ensure their safety, I think). The more evocative pieces certainly add a little extra thrill to a game of Agricola.

Good notification of order status & very rapid response to emails was appreciated, but free replacement and shipping of the damaged pieces constitutes service above and beyond the call of duty in my opinion! I will not hesitate to recommend Mayday Games to any BoardGameGeek member.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The quick responses you have is great, you're doing great!

I pre-ordered one of the initial batches of Premium Card Sleeves for Dominion and Intrigue and it seems like they were inconsistent as well (though they're really sturdy). They didn't fit well inside the default Dominion box slots lengthwise and I agonized trying to make them fit without warping the cards (I'm probably just going to get a cardboard deck box instead). I think it has to do with the inconsistency that others have noted in the thread.

That being said, the sleeves themselves are quite solid and tend to hold up to shuffling/slide shuffling.

The Tanga promotion was great! The "ding and dent" box I received for Space Junkyard wasn't even a problem!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
zeroth hour wrote:
I pre-ordered one of the initial batches of Premium Card Sleeves for Dominion and Intrigue and it seems like they were inconsistent as well (though they're really sturdy). They didn't fit well inside the default Dominion box slots lengthwise and I agonized trying to make them fit without warping the cards (I'm probably just going to get a cardboard deck box instead). I think it has to do with the inconsistency that others have noted in the thread.

That being said, the sleeves themselves are quite solid and tend to hold up to shuffling/slide shuffling.
The original ones were taller and were difficult to fit sideways. The new ones fit the cards better and they are shorter. I fit 3 columns of cards in the original Dominion box with no problem and no bending while in the premium sleeves. All 3 sets (4 with BGG cards) fit in the original Box just fine. Of course it weighs a ton with all those cards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Solamar wrote:
zeroth hour wrote:

The original ones were taller and were difficult to fit sideways. The new ones fit the cards better and they are shorter. I fit 3 columns of cards in the original Dominion box with no problem and no bending while in the premium sleeves. All 3 sets (4 with BGG cards) fit in the original Box just fine. Of course it weighs a ton with all those cards!

Did you remove the original separator plastic from the box? I can't see fitting 3 columns without doing that. Gotta find some separators...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.