Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles A. Davis
United States
Greeneville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Through several playings of FINITO! I began to notice that the best skill to have is in turning over the right numbered disk at the right time. OK, maybe I should call it luck. This variant addresses that issue and brings FINITO! more toward a skill game. However, this variant may not be a better game.

One player will be the "disk caller".
The caller's disks will be number side down. The other players turn all of their disks number side up.
To start the game, the caller turns over 3 disks, announcing them, and each player takes those same disks.
The game will play identical to the original except that the caller turns over a replacement disk and each player takes that disk each turn.

There will still be luck involved in choosing which disk to play and which number to cover but the randomness of the disks available will be reduced significantly. Enjoy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
\m/ Stoner Rock \m/ (Joe)
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds very similar to Take it Easy!.. Interesting idea..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KAS
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
Funny, as we played with this same variant after a few plays of the normal way seeing if it made a difference (BTW, this picking technique is also used in Cities). Unfortunately, after 5 games (all with 4 players) they all came down to a tie (i.e. more than one person finished at the same time). Not sure if this implies that the random picking element the rules suggest determines the winner, but it certainly would appear that it has a big impact.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.