$10.00
Recommend
57 
 Thumb up
 Hide
76 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

Treasure Chest» Forums » General

Subject: I received my copy, so ask away :) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leung Ching Man
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
Would anyone please show us content of the new San Juan Cards in English? (or maybe in German is okay) Thank you.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Netherlands
flag msg tools
greenoliver wrote:
Would anyone please show us content of the new San Juan Cards in English? (or maybe in German is okay) Thank you.

You'll find some San Juan cards (a little bit) translated in this thread:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/382830

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have posted a translation of the New Building cards for San Juan,
as well as the New Event cards.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zhao hui
China
flag msg tools
thank u for the infomation

there is a cost 2 building named land register
and this building could buy or sell plantation at trader phase.
so can u tell me more about that?
how much for each of the plantation? what's the price for buyer and seller? all the same?

thanks



maaikefest wrote:
Eeeville wrote:
I guess the thing I want to know the most is: what new buildings, if any, have a cost of 6 and 8. I just ask because the Large Warehouse and the University are the ones considered the most useless and I didn't feel the original expansion addressed that issue.


cost 6: court supplier: trade in 1 good for 1 VP for every noble (captain phase)
cost 7: villa: + 1 noble from supply (mayor phase)
cost 8: jeweler: + 1 dubloon for every own noble (supervisor phase)
cost 10: court garden: + 1 VP for every own noble (end of game)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lordraco wrote:
there is a cost 2 building named land register
and this building could buy or sell plantation at trader phase.
so can u tell me more about that?
how much for each of the plantation? what's the price for buyer and seller? all the same?


The grundbuchamtes (Land Register) allow you to buy 1 face down Plantation tile (or Forest, if you have the Forest House) for 1 Dubloon during the Trader phase - if the Building is occupied by a Colonist.

Or you may remove 1 Plantation from your display if you have a Nobleman on your Land Register building. The plantion is taken out of the game, and any colonist/nobleman on it is placed in San Juan.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a few Puerto Rico questions.

Can the Land Register buy a quarry if the owner has a Construction Hut?

When and how are the 2 VPs awarded to a player with the Hunting Seat? That is--are they given the VPs at the beginning or end of the settler phase; and does the player have to have the fewest plantation spaces used up, or can s/he be tied for fewest?

What happens when the colonist supply runs out during the Mayor phase? Does the ship just not get stocked for the rest of the game, or does it get stocked exclusively with noblemen?

Can a Nobleman be sacrificed using the Black Market?

Does the Villa grant you an extra noblemen in addition to the colonists you receive, or does it just allow you to turn one of your received colonists into a nobleman?

Many thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam K
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RandallPeek wrote:
maaikefest wrote:
mdp4828 wrote:
I would like to hear about the In the Year of the Dragon expansion.


The In the year of the dragon expansion contains 2 expansions.

First expansion: the Chinese Wall.


The wall is scored after each Mongol raid and at the end.

Second expansion: the super-events.
10 small super-events tiles.


And for the second expansion, any chance of a translation of the super-event tiles? What do they do, and how significantly do they affect the game?

I'm also very curious about what the super events do. It sounds like an expansion you easily could create by yourself.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kungfro wrote:
I have a few Puerto Rico questions.

Can the Land Register buy a quarry if the owner has a Construction Hut?

I would say not.You may specicly take the top PLANTATION tile from a face down stack, and Quarries are not 'plantation' tiles and not face down.

Quote:
When and how are the 2 VPs awarded to a player with the Hunting Seat? That is--are they given the VPs at the beginning or end of the settler phase; and does the player have to have the fewest plantation spaces used up, or can s/he be tied for fewest?

The points are awarded at the END of the Settlers phase, but only if the player CLEARLY has the most empty plantation spaces.

Quote:
What happens when the colonist supply runs out during the Mayor phase? Does the ship just not get stocked for the rest of the game, or does it get stocked exclusively with noblemen?

The rules doesn't say. But they do say that the Nobleman is usually taken by the Mayor himself - and given each Noble is 1 VP, and cannot see why he wouldn't take it. Also, with 120 men available for the Colonist ship, I don't think the game would outlast the men for long.

There is no rule that allow a player to take a Nobleman instead of a Colonist except for that one Nobleman aboard the first 20 ships. If you want one you will have to take the Mayor or own a Villa
Quote:
Can a Nobleman be sacrificed using the Black Market?

No, a Nobleman is not a Colonist. He is just arriving on the same ship. EDIT: Apparently I was wrong. See below

Quote:
Does the Villa grant you an extra noblemen in addition to the colonists you receive, or does it just allow you to turn one of your received colonists into a nobleman?
The Villa grant you a Nobleman from the supply - not from the ship.

Maybe someone should translate the rules...

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
kungfro wrote:
I have a few Puerto Rico questions.

Can the Land Register buy a quarry if the owner has a Construction Hut?

I would say not.You may specicly take the top PLANTATION tile from a face down stack, and Quarries are not 'plantation' tiles and not face down.

Yeah, but you said that if the player has a Forest House, they can take a Forest. A forest isn't considered a plantation, is it? Likewise, using a nobleman, can you sell a quarry or forest instead of a plantation?

Quote:
Quote:
When and how are the 2 VPs awarded to a player with the Hunting Seat? That is--are they given the VPs at the beginning or end of the settler phase; and does the player have to have the fewest plantation spaces used up, or can s/he be tied for fewest?

The points are awarded at the END of the Settlers phase, but only if the player CLEARLY has the most empty plantation spaces.

So two players with Hunting Seats can never both receive 2 VP in the same settler phase?

Quote:
Quote:
Can a Nobleman be sacrificed using the Black Market?

No, a Nobleman is not a Colonist. He is just arriving on the same ship.

So they don't count for the Fortress either, I assume?

Quote:
Maybe someone should translate the rules...

That would be good. I've got the noblemen and the buildings (printed), and am anxious to use some of them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cherry
Canada
North Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
Obligitory Smart-Ass Comment Here
badge
Shhhhhhhh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for doing this. Ive been starved for this info. I appreciate you taking the time to answer the questions.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kungfro wrote:
Yeah, but you said that if the player has a Forest House, they can take a Forest. A forest isn't considered a plantation, is it?
In the ORIGINAL version, they are.
The Rio Grande version added some weird looking Forest tiles that are not part of the original design. All Plantation tiles are born with a green 'Forest' back side. So when you take a face-down Plantation tile, you must put it face up in your display unless you have a manned Forest House, in which case you may decide to place it face down as a Forest.
It would not allow you to take a Quarry, as that isn't a Plantation tile.

Quote:
So two players with Hunting Seats can never both receive 2 VP in the same settler phase?
Looks like it. So I guess there will a competition for placing Colonists on the Seat - in order to remove Plantation tiles in one round and then a Nobleman in the next to score the points before it is too late. cool

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Can a Nobleman be sacrificed using the Black Market?

No, a Nobleman is not a Colonist. He is just arriving on the same ship.

So they don't count for the Fortress either, I assume?

Actually I was wrong here.
I never bothered to read the new German rules for the first expansion as I already had those buildings (in two languages).

However the new rules actually say (with tiny letters) that all original buildings that talk about 'colonists' works with 'Noblemen' as well.

So Buildings like the Black Market and the Fortress do actually work with Noblemen as well.

Worther such buildings can actually be activated by a Nobleman, I don't know. I assume so, but it could also be fun if Noblemen were 'above' such manual labor. I will ask Stefan Brück for a ruling.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, cool. Thank you. I may attempt a game tonight with all these rules.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Official reply from Stefan Brück/alea:

A Nobleman is also a colonist in all aspects of the game. He only has special functions in certain buildings, but will also work normally in all the other buildings.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Am I a man or am I a muppet? If I'm a muppet then I'm a very manly muppet!
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
Official reply from Stefan Brück/alea:

A Nobleman is also a colonist in all aspects of the game. He only has special functions in certain buildings, but will also work normally in all the other buildings.


So perhaps we ought to call him "Rich Guy with a Solid Work Ethic" rather than "Wastrel Playboy" or "Trust Fund Nobleman."
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bevel
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for the info. I also have printed out the new bldgs on sticky paper and put them on cardboard backing and cut them out. I do have a question though. I read where the noblemen are each worth a VP at the end of the game, but the Large Garden Bldg says on it each nobleman is worth 1 VP at endgame, so does this mean they would each be worth 2 VP's with the garden in play and occupied????
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Am I a man or am I a muppet? If I'm a muppet then I'm a very manly muppet!
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there OFFICIAL word on Rio Grande & an English version of this?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mikeb7777 wrote:
Thanks so much for the info. I also have printed out the new bldgs on sticky paper and put them on cardboard backing and cut them out. I do have a question though. I read where the noblemen are each worth a VP at the end of the game, but the Large Garden Bldg says on it each nobleman is worth 1 VP at endgame, so does this mean they would each be worth 2 VP's with the garden in play and occupied????

Yup. Gardens itself gives you 1VP for each nobleman you have, essentially making them worth 2VP each.

Now, back when I was playing with these buildings before I had any solid rules, I had two theories about how noblemen entered play: either by the Villa only, or one per mayor phase, plus the villa. I disregarded the latter theory, because it made the Jeweler and Gardens far too strong. The former theory seemed quite well balanced.

Whoops; the theory I disregarded turned out to be the correct one. Guess that makes the Jeweler a hot item
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bevel
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can confirm the jeweler is insane lol. It was only a two player game so it's probably not near as overpowered in a 4 or 5 player game, but I had 9 noblemen, so I was getting 9 doubloons every craftsman phase LOL. So, I easily bought a garden and got 18 vp's at game end. I only produced Corn and still won handily, with all the large buildings I was able to buy.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mikeb7777 wrote:
I can confirm the jeweler is insane lol. It was only a two player game so it's probably not near as overpowered in a 4 or 5 player game, but I had 9 noblemen, so I was getting 9 doubloons every craftsman phase LOL.

But there are two Estates (Villas), so it cannot be overpovered. The Castle Garden might be in a two-player game, but not the Estate.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
I SEE YOU!
mbmbmbmbmb
In 2p, there is only ever 1 building of each type, so yes, it IS poweful. I guess your opponent didn't pay enough attention to what's going on. After I got the Villa, my wife took the Garden. The Jeweller wasn't of much help at that time as I could use it only twice. My wife had 2 quarries and the new building that gave her 2 doubloons discount on Large Buildings, so we both got 2 of them handily.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I believe Jeweler is supposed to be a production building, so you could use both copies in a 2p game...

I don't really want to find out that this expansion breaks the 2p game. I was really looking forward to this expansion, and most of my games are 2p.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kungfro wrote:
Well, I believe Jeweler is supposed to be a production building, so you could use both copies in a 2p game...

It certainly isn't a purple building.
The Jeweller has it own unique color (yellow) - like every other Production Building.

And, of course, the rules say that it counts as a "large Production Building"...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
I SEE YOU!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm, this is definitely a good argument. I'll play the Jeweller as a production building from now on as you've convinced me.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the Puerto Rico building expansion the same as the now oop expansion?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riptcord wrote:
Is the Puerto Rico building expansion the same as the now oop expansion?

The new PR expansion contains new buildings, rules, and the nobles, but also includes a copy of the original OOP expansion. So it's both PR expansions packaged together.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.