Subject: Still 3 rounds? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Tullis
United States
Hamilton
Ohio
flag msg tools
Thanks for the English rules translation. The posted translation doesn't mention whether this expansion was intended for 3 rounds of play, like the original game, or just a single round of play.

I assume it can be played either way, but I'm curious. Is there anything in the rules about playing 3 rounds with the highest score being the winner?

If so, are the wish stone markers scored and reused after each round, or kept and only scored after the third round?

Thanks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kearon
United Kingdom
Cardiff
Wales
flag msg tools
badge
The original game (Keltis) doesn't have 3 rounds, and nor does the expansion.

Did RGG add a "3 round" rule to the US edition (Lost Cities: the boardgame)? I wonder why?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Tullis
United States
Hamilton
Ohio
flag msg tools
Yes, Lost Cities the Board Game is played in 3 rounds. The artifact tiles collected each round are traded for artifact chips which create a final end of game scoring based on the number of tiles/chips collected over the course of the 3 rounds.

I'm not sure why, but I do like playing 3 full rounds. It seems like the game would be a bit too short if only 1 round were played.

Thanks for your answer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's 3 rounds in LC:TBG because of two reasons: 1. LC had 3 rounds (suggested) and 2. LC: TBG has a much higher luck factor than either LC or Keltis. So if you have bad cards in one round you can make it better in another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.