Germany
Unspecified
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a bad game so far, but some questions came up

1) How is the battle procedure?
We played it this way
Player A starts the battle with one of his activated force cards naming the target. Lets say it has a CV of 3 (excl. action cards). Defender has a CV of 2.So Player B can add ONE (and only 1 card). lets say a 3. So the total is 35. If the attacker cannot add another (only 1 card again) with a 3 then the batlle is immediately over. Is this correct?

2) Can Player A in the example above play also an additional card, starting the battle with 3+3 ,so only a 4 would save the defender from an immediate loss

3) Adding reinforcements does not count not as an action on a beach,so I can play Reinforcements and attack with an already activeted unit?

4) I don´t get the text on LAST EFFORT. Why is the sentence with the Force necessary for this card. It´s only a +3 attack card or have I missed something

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Ingram
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
montsegur wrote:
Not a bad game so far, but some questions came up

1) How is the battle procedure?
We played it this way
Player A starts the battle with one of his activated force cards naming the target. Lets say it has a CV of 3 (excl. action cards). Defender has a CV of 2.So Player B can add ONE (and only 1 card). lets say a 3. So the total is 35. If the attacker cannot add another (only 1 card again) with a 3 then the batlle is immediately over. Is this correct?

2) Can Player A in the example above play also an additional card, starting the battle with 3+3 ,so only a 4 would save the defender from an immediate loss

3) Adding reinforcements does not count not as an action on a beach,so I can play Reinforcements and attack with an already activeted unit?

4) I don´t get the text on LAST EFFORT. Why is the sentence with the Force necessary for this card. It´s only a +3 attack card or have I missed something

Thanks in advance

Tom,

I suggest you check out the FAQ (version 2 dated April 2005) posted on the game page. Most of your questions are addressed therein.

1). Players can play cards back and forth, one at a time. You do not have to match or beat the combat value of the cards already played to be able to play a card. If you opponent plays a '3' card and you only have '1's in your hand, you could play one of these and pass back to them for further cards. They are likely to 'pass', since they already have the greater combat value, at whihc point you can play another of your '1' cards and so on.
As per the FAQ...
"Q: Can each side play (one at a time) as many Action cards as they like until both players pass in succession? If the answer is YES, then I presume that one side can play a series of cards (one at a time) as the other player passes, correct? This would allow a player to play three "1" action cards to counter a single "3" action card, correct?"

A: The answer is Yes. Players get to take turns playing cards, and one player can continue to play cards even if the other player passes."

2) Answered above. You do not have to match the previous value card to be able to continue playing cards in a battle.

3) Yes

4) Last Effort is an Action Card, not a Force Card. The text is superfluous since the card is disgarded once played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hilgert
Germany
Unspecified
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for the quick answer.

One last question. Bringing in reinforcements and Activating another Force card on the same beach is then also possible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Ingram
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
montsegur wrote:
One last question. Bringing in reinforcements and Activating another Force card on the same beach is then also possible?

Yes.
You must already have an active Force on a beach to be able to play a reinforcement card to that beach. Doing so does not constitute an activation so you may then activate the Force Card already on that beach.

See FAQ...

Q: Can reinforcement Force cards (Stragglers, 21st Panzer, etc.) be assigned to a beach where all normal Force cards have been eliminated? (This question is raised by the rule that Action cards may only be played at a beach where a player has forces.) Does assigning these cards use an action at the beach where they are to be posted?

A: When a reinforcement type card is played, it is played as an Action card, so you must have an active Force on the beach to play it. Assigning these cards does not expend an action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anonyme None
France
flag msg tools
Hi, I'm a new french D-Day gamer. cool.

TommieSL wrote:
4) Last Effort is an Action Card, not a Force Card. The text is superfluous since the card is disgarded once played.

Does it mean that the text should be "Discard this Action card after the Attack is resolved" ?

Another thing : Am I right when I say that each Action card played during a combat MUST be discarded after the resolution of this combat, except "Reinforcement" cards like Stragglers ?

Philippe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.