Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Godfrey'John sheridan
Australia
Mt Richon
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just wanting to know is anyone still playing this game at all as i have a question about a spell the lightning spell and lightning trap as i can not find it in the rule book.blush
Also my gaming group is playing this again so i may post a few gaming session.cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Dead
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I haven't played for years but I may still be able to answer your question if you ask it.

What'chyoo got?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Godfrey'John sheridan
Australia
Mt Richon
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool thank you very much here is my question under the traps pg 34 in the main rulebook (magic trap) it said on a roll of 3-4 its a lighting bolt trap were is the lighting bolt spell ? i mite be suffering from demestic blindness or old age but i cant find that spell at all in the rule book hope you can help me out on this one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Dead
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm...

Interesting. I think I must have used the rules for the Shock trap just above it.

Quote:
Shock: The trap discharges a powerful bolt of electricity into the Hero who set off the trap. Roll 5 damage dice for effect. If the Hero is wearing any metal armor (for example, chain, plate or mithril), roll 10 damage dice.

I can't remember for sure though. It's been years.

I also have a note here next to the Choke spell trap to see Terror in the Dark page 77.

Shifting over there is a rules revision:

Quote:
CHOKE TRAP (Rules Revision)

With a Choke trap, the effect on a character who triggers it is that they may only move one square per turn (as determined by the player). At the end of the turn, the character is allowed to roll a D12. If he rolls below his Toughness score, the character lives. If the D12 roll is above the character's Toughness, the character dies. A Choke trap can be evaded entirely by a special magical protection such as a Ring of Magic Protection. A Fate Point can be expended to negate the effects of a Choke trap. The effects of a Choke spell (as opposed to a trap) are unchanged from the those given on page 55 of the Advanced Heroquest rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Godfrey'John sheridan
Australia
Mt Richon
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info on that one I think i will use shock as well for the lighting spell :D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Wunderlich
Germany
flag msg tools
Viste our forum:

http://www.hq-cooperation.de/forum/index.php

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toco
Belgium
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We are still playing this game, but only with the "Allied HeroQuest" rules. It is a mod, rather than a set of houserules. This tribute mod merges both the vintage original HeroQuest and Advanced HeroQuest. "Allied Heroquest" is the next best thing until GW decides to republish the originals, like they did with Space Hulk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Phoenix
Canada
Montreal (West Island)
Quebec
flag msg tools
Hi there. I recently re-read the rule book for this great game and also noticed that even though a "Lightning Spell" is listed in the Wands Table (in the "Magic Items" section of the rulebook) and later mentioned in the "Traps" section as well, it is not described anywhere else in the Advanced Heroquest rulebook. In fact, it is the only spell in the aforementioned table that is not on either the Bright Wizard or Skaven spell lists.

From what I know, it also does not appear in the Light College spell list (from the AHQ Terror in the Dark expansion) or the Amethyst College or Jade College spell lists detailed in issues of White Dwarf.

A fine mystery indeed. I guess one must extrapolate and adapt it from the Heroquest Lightning Bolt spell (from the HQ Wizards of Morcar expansion) or from the house rules for the Celestial College spell list that can be found online. (Which I believe is adapted from Warhammer Quest.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Dead
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I said above, you can just use the Shock trap effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.