Recommend
163 
 Thumb up
 Hide
138 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 

Pandemic» Forums » Variants

Subject: The Warp Expansion for Pandemic (Threat Level Six) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: artscow [+] pnp [+] want [+] Solo [+] [View All]
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
mbmbmbmbmb
I created a 54 card expansion on Artscow for Pandemic (the cards there are the same dimensions as the Pandemic cards, and though the corners are cut slightly differently, they are a pretty close match).

http://www.artscow.com/share/8070gx294emt

Below are explanations for the cards and how to use them.

This expansion is simple to make your game of Pandemic more or less challenging, longer, or just plain different.

1. Global Parameters



The deck includes 14 Global Parameter cards. There are a couple different ways to use these. You can start the game by drawing one and simply having a special condition that exists throughout the game. Most will make the game more challenging, but a couple can make the game easier. Another way to use them is by shuffling a certain number into the Player deck, and altering the game as they come up.

2. Special Events



There are 8 new Special Event cards. With so many of these available now (especially with the new ones in On The Brink), you will likely need to deal in a set number at random. However, you can easily adjust the difficulty of the game by adding more Epidemics if you deal in extra Special Events (and other cards, see below).

3. Crisis Cards



I included Scott Di Bartolo's Crisis Cards, and added 8 more of my own for a total of 12. These are like Special Events, but they are not helpful for the players and must be dealt with immediately. They vary in terms of how much trouble they cause for the players.

4. Epidemics



Along with the Carrier card, there are 6 of these "New Strain" Epidemics. Each one is a slightly different version of a normal Epidemic card. Mix and match how many normal ones and New Strains you want to play with.

5. Travel Vouchers



There are 3 of these cards in the game. Each one lets the player move 2-4 spaces (drive or ferry) with only 1 action.

6. Regional Share Knowledge



There are 8 cards like this (2 in each color). They can't be used for travel- only for finding a cure. These cards are easier to share than a normal City card. As long as the 2 players are in the same region (and of the cities listed on the card), they can exchange that card. It counts as a card of the color indicated for curing a disease.

7. Classifications



Finally there are 2 Classification cards that alter the behavior of the diseases, based on an idea from Ole Steiness and Itai Raccah. Like the Global Parameters, you can deal 1 at the beginning of the game, or have 1 or both show up at a random point in the game.

Edit: I'm making a PocketMod book for the cards, and I'm gonna call this deck expansion "Threat Level Six". Woohooo!

Updated with improved link. http://www.artscow.com/share/8070gx294emt
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mousey
Netherlands
Santpoort-Zuid
a nice small town near the sea
flag msg tools
ESSEN The Game: SPIEL '13 Featuring Jonah
badge
RWC2015: Can't wait for it to start.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Warp Expansion for Pandemic
Can you upload them here on BGG too?
They look fantastic, but it would be nice if I could print them here, outside of the US, too.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
We must look to the past to help guide us in the future.
badge
Pumpkin flavored everything is coming!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Warp Expansion for Pandemic
Simply incredible!

Edit: Mine is ordered. Thanks this will be awesome with the upcoming Pandemic: On the Brink coming out soon.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
We must look to the past to help guide us in the future.
badge
Pumpkin flavored everything is coming!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Warp Expansion for Pandemic
Mousey wrote:
Can you upload them here on BGG too?
They look fantastic, but it would be nice if I could print them here, outside of the US, too.


ArtsCow is based in Hong Kong and ships anywhere in the world.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Warp Expansion for Pandemic
I've tried to upload here too, but the files are each 300 dpi and all of them zipped up are still too large, I think... since I keep getting an error every time I upload (and this has happened with other decks I've put together). I may try to make a lower res version at some point, or maybe I'll figure out a way to compress them more...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Warp Expansion for Pandemic
Soon to become the best-selling custom Artscow deck, methinks... Some very cool ideas in there.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Nyberg
Sweden
Luleå
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Warp Expansion for Pandemic
Very cool. Already ordered and i don't even own Pandemic.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jane Doe
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Warp Expansion for Pandemic
Nice, thanks for sharing your work with us! Do these need any fiddling with zoom or such to print and crop properly, or will auto-filling the deck work?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Liu
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Warp Expansion for Pandemic
jeRm! wrote:
ArtsCow is based in Hong Kong and ships anywhere in the world.

Huh? First time I've heard that,
maybe I'll try ArtsCow to prototype a game we're coming up with....
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Warp Expansion for Pandemic
Lady Solitas wrote:
Nice, thanks for sharing your work with us! Do these need any fiddling with zoom or such to print and crop properly, or will auto-filling the deck work?


When I uploaded the files to make the deck, I zoomed out 4 times for each card... I don't know if those settings are consistent after the deck is shared, so just check and make sure you can see a clear green border all the way around each card.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
We must look to the past to help guide us in the future.
badge
Pumpkin flavored everything is coming!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Warp Expansion for Pandemic
The Warp wrote:
Lady Solitas wrote:
Nice, thanks for sharing your work with us! Do these need any fiddling with zoom or such to print and crop properly, or will auto-filling the deck work?


When I uploaded the files to make the deck, I zoomed out 4 times for each card... I don't know if those settings are consistent after the deck is shared, so just check and make sure you can see a clear green border all the way around each card.


I think it saved the cards the way you made them. When I went through there was no way to edit the cards. It just put the entire deck into the checkout.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
We must look to the past to help guide us in the future.
badge
Pumpkin flavored everything is coming!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Warp Expansion for Pandemic
The Warp do you think you could make a PocketMod rule book with a list of the cards and how they work to make it easy to seperate them out when everything is together?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Warp Expansion for Pandemic
jeRm! wrote:
The Warp do you think you could make a PocketMod rule book with a list of the cards and how they work to make it easy to seperate them out when everything is together?


I'm sure I could... is there some kind of template for PocketMod rule books I can look at or emulate (having never done one before)?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miika K.
Finland
KAIPOLA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Warp Expansion for Pandemic
Just ordered it (for €3.69). THANKS! thumbsup
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jane Doe
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Warp Expansion for Pandemic
The Warp wrote:
I'm sure I could... is there some kind of template for PocketMod rule books I can look at or emulate (having never done one before)?


I don't think there is a template per se, but http://www.pocketmod.com/ allows you to create PocketMod booklets online, as well as offering a downloadable PDF-to-PocketMod converter (which, sadly, didn't work for me on the PDF I tried).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Arcus-Goldberg
United States
Natick
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: The Warp Expansion for Pandemic
This looks fantastic. I just signed up for ArtsCow and bought one. There didn't seem to be a way to edit the cards, so I hope they come out perfect! Also, the new account came with a credit for a free deck - I only paid shipping. That was very cool.

One idea for the CLASSIFICATION cards would be to put one cube from each color on the different icons (covering up and replacing the options that are currently there) - then the different effects could be in different diseases each game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Brinks
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Warp Expansion for Pandemic
Here's a better deal than the new account deal.
$4.99 for the deck shipped! Should work with new or old accounts.

Code: CARDS499

Expires 06/30/2009
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
We must look to the past to help guide us in the future.
badge
Pumpkin flavored everything is coming!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Warp Expansion for Pandemic
Lady Solitas wrote:
The Warp wrote:
I'm sure I could... is there some kind of template for PocketMod rule books I can look at or emulate (having never done one before)?


I don't think there is a template per se, but http://www.pocketmod.com/ allows you to create PocketMod booklets online, as well as offering a downloadable PDF-to-PocketMod converter (which, sadly, didn't work for me on the PDF I tried).


I have used the PDF-to-PocketMod quite a bit. I make the text about 20+ font and it seems to work well. Just make sure your PDF is eight pages long.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Warp Expansion for Pandemic
I would at least make smaller version images available so we know what we are getting. The card previews on artscow are too small too see, but maybe I'm missing some way to enlarge them.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Stockport
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Warp Expansion for Pandemic
Awesome stuff... just ordered myself a set for the princely sum of £3.78
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Nyberg
Sweden
Luleå
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Warp Expansion for Pandemic
Btw how is the size on the original Pandemic cards compared to Artscow?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
We must look to the past to help guide us in the future.
badge
Pumpkin flavored everything is coming!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Warp Expansion for Pandemic
nybba wrote:
Btw how is the size on the original Pandemic cards compared to Artscow?


I don't think there are any pictures showing a comparison but,
The Warp wrote:
I created a 54 card expansion on Artscow for Pandemic (the cards there are the same dimensions as the Pandemic cards, and though the corners are cut slightly differently, they are a pretty close match).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Nyberg
Sweden
Luleå
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeRm! wrote:
nybba wrote:
Btw how is the size on the original Pandemic cards compared to Artscow?


I don't think there are any pictures showing a comparison but,
The Warp wrote:
I created a 54 card expansion on Artscow for Pandemic (the cards there are the same dimensions as the Pandemic cards, and though the corners are cut slightly differently, they are a pretty close match).


Ok that is fair enough. I have already ordered decks from Artscow, but i don't have Pandemic yet. But its on the way as is this deck.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
We must look to the past to help guide us in the future.
badge
Pumpkin flavored everything is coming!
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll: Due to the size and quality of work
Should Threat Level Six have it own page as a Pandemic expansion?
yes
no
      306 answers
Poll created by jeRm!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
mbmbmbmbmb
PocketMod rules added: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/43807

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.