Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Timothy Rapuano
United States
Ramsey
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Hi I'm new here, but I pulled the old game (1969) out of the cabinet for the first time in almost 5 years. For the last decade I have been trying to get all of my closeminded friends to play, and have basically given up. There has been several attempts, and actually that last time in 1998, three of us actually finished, or at least one of got to the last panel, which is marked as 'Free.' Anyway, this final session was amazing, easily the best time I ever had with this game, and maybe the best board game experience of my life. The tagline for this game is, "Is it really a game?" and that is probably why people don't like it, those are the people who do not like to share and mistrust others. But for those of us who like a challenge.. and can take a leap of faith, it was really wonderful. Including myself, there were four friends of mine in the room, and I managed to get 3 of them to play which was remarkable, since my previous attempts had been all but fruitless, except for that one time in '98. What really made it so great, was that the participants were not only willing to humor me, but ACTUALLY wanted to play. I couldn't be happier. We made it half way through the game, and it took us about 3 hours to do that. It wasn't really so important that we finish, what was important were the issues that arose out of the questions. Between turns we would ramble on about this and that, and then finally someone would say, hey, who's turn is it? I mean, the whole point of playing a game with someone else is to relieve boredom and make a connection. This game is a catalyst to just that, and is also a vehicle for self-actualization. It's very high concept, and I don't really reccomend it for anyone under the age of 25, unless they are exceptionally mature and comfortable with their faults. My one other friend who refused to play, got bored really fast, but could tell that we were all having a fantastic time. She told me later that she was waiting for us to finish. If it weren't for one of the group members getting so drunk, making a big fuss/mess that we had to take him home, I would have been happiest playing all day and all night, without eating!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Jeffers
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. Thanks for taking the time to play and make a session report.

This game definitely reminds my of The Ungame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.