Subject: Minneapolis/Saint Paul Gamers? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: watch [+] [View All]
Mike zebrowski
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
At Village Games for a little bit of Axis & Allies Air Force Miniatures: Angels 20 and some Catacombs starting around 6:30ish.

Mike Z
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Spartz
msg tools
Hmm... I probably would have gone if I had seen your post earlier but Anoka is about a half hour drive for me and I didn't see it till 7:30. I was thinking for those on the west side Dreamers would be a good spot. I used to live about 1 block from them. Their new digs are really nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Peterson
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sparticuse wrote:
Hey, I'm in the Golden Valley area and I have found my weekdays to be a vast ocean of boring recently. anyone on the west side want to start up a game group for the weekdays. start around 7-ish.

I might be interested. I have some weeknights available and live a little north of Golden Valley.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Fulford
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a group of us that get together for board games every Tue night at Dreamers (http://www.dreamersgames.com) in St Louis Park from 6pm-10pm, and we're always happy to have new gamers join us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Spartz
msg tools
mmmtofu wrote:
There's a group of us that get together for board games every Tue night at Dreamers (http://www.dreamersgames.com) in St Louis Park from 6pm-10pm, and we're always happy to have new gamers join us.

I'll be there. Not necessarily at 6. It will depend on my schedule. I work at max till 6:15 but it's in wayzata so it's only like 10 minutes away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Baker
United States
Lino Lakes
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone ever played MiniMonFa? Won it in an auction for pretty cheap, but it looks like a fun little dungeon card game. I've never played any "dungeon" games so we'll see how it goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Nelson
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone's interested, Half Price Books on Excelsior Blvd in Saint Louis Park currently has the following:

1x GURPS Basic 3rd Edition hardcover, $15
2x GURPS Basic 3rd Edition softcover, forget the price
3x GURPS Supplements, i.e. Goblins, Horror, maybe a couple more

Various other RPG books, nothing that jumped out at me.

Battle Masters for $56. I nearly bought it. It looks complete, but I didn't count out the components there in the store. The stickers are applied, and some of them are peeling, but if you've got a hankering for an old Milton Bradly & Games Workshop mashup with a 5-foot vinyl playmat this game looks pretty neat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Wade,

Can one find Fighting Fantasy gamebooks at a Half Price books store?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Nelson
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
Wade,

I didn't see any there, at least in the RPG section.

The "RPG section" is really only two medium-small shelves, and the boardgames are stacked up high on top of the shelves. The rest of the games section is mostly Hoyle card games variants, books about poker, wordgames, and sudoku type things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marstov
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wadenels wrote:
If anyone's interested, Half Price Books on Excelsior Blvd in Saint Louis Park currently has the following:

Battle Masters for $56. I nearly bought it. It looks complete, but I didn't count out the components there in the store. The stickers are applied, and some of them are peeling, but if you've got a hankering for an old Milton Bradly & Games Workshop mashup with a 5-foot vinyl playmat this game looks pretty neat.

I checked this out this evening. I didn't counter minis, but I did notice the rulebook seems to be missing. You could probably find it online, but if you're interested in completeness...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
While sleeping, watch!
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The production of Hoffman lenses is incumbent upon all true scientists
badge
The tallest mountains, the darkest forests, the deepest deserts, the oldest books, there you will find the stone.
mbmbmbmbmb
wadenels wrote:

1x GURPS Basic 3rd Edition hardcover, $15
2x GURPS Basic 3rd Edition softcover, forget the price
3x GURPS Supplements, i.e. Goblins, Horror, maybe a couple more

Various other RPG books, nothing that jumped out at me.

Battlemasters has been there for a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Perrella
United States
Anoka
Minnesota
flag msg tools
with a purposeful grimace
badge
and a terrible sound
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone here know of any Advanced Squad Leader (ASL) "evangelicals" in the area?

I'm looking to tackle this monster, I'd like to find someone who enjoys teaching it.

Bonus points if it's someone in the NW end of the Metro (I live in Anoka)

Related question- if anyone has an extra copy of ASL Starter Kit #1 I'd love to take it off your hands.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Try the Twin Cities ASL group:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/twin_cities_asl/

I'm also happy to teach ASL starter kit myself (I'll be keeping that even if I do sell my ASL collection)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Perrella
United States
Anoka
Minnesota
flag msg tools
with a purposeful grimace
badge
and a terrible sound
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt Boehland wrote:
Try the Twin Cities ASL group:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/twin_cities_asl/

I'm also happy to teach ASL starter kit myself (I'll be keeping that even if I do sell my ASL collection)

Thanks again, Matt! (answered your GM before I saw this)

I'll definitely be taking you up on that offer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I'll be going to FFGEC Tuesday about 5:30pm. Looking to play something. Some of the things I've been interested in playing lately:

Thunderstone Advance
Dominant Species
Rex (or Dune)
Lords of Waterdeep
Eclipse
Mage Knight
Battlestar Galactica

..anyone interested in any of those?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JJ Anderson
United States
Hopkins
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone planning on showing up to the FF events center this Saturday for the stragedy/wargaming marathon? I am planning on coming, but would prefer knowing that someone else I potentially know, is showing up...let me know!
Josh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
No luck, I've got plans elsewhere... First I heard of it; Too bad it's this week, normally I can make it for Saturday gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Graf
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was discussing putting together a game of BSG on Tuesday. Also, I'd like to try Lords of Waterdeep or Mage Knight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Olmstead
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
madgraf wrote:
I was discussing putting together a game of BSG on Tuesday. Also, I'd like to try Lords of Waterdeep or Mage Knight.

I'll bring Lords of Waterdeep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Ward
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
Wade,

You can, but it's hit and miss. I've occasionally seen some mixed in with the regular SciFi/Fantasy section of books. FF is rare but other gamebooks such as Lone Wolf are pretty common.

I've had some success in the Nostalgia section, most of the books in that section are wrapped in plastic and only cost $1. I've bought a few Fighting Fantasy, Endless Quest, and Choose Your Own Adventure books from that section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny VenOsdel
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt Boehland wrote:
No luck, I've got plans elsewhere... First I heard of it; Too bad it's this week, normally I can make it for Saturday gaming.

Same here. Going to a wedding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Hudoba
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LetTheWookieWin wrote:
frumpish wrote:
Wade,

You can, but it's hit and miss. I've occasionally seen some mixed in with the regular SciFi/Fantasy section of books. FF is rare but other gamebooks such as Lone Wolf are pretty common.

I've had some success in the Nostalgia section, most of the books in that section are wrapped in plastic and only cost $1. I've bought a few Fighting Fantasy, Endless Quest, and Choose Your Own Adventure books from that section.

Sometimes they end up in the Young Adult Series section, too (especially Choose Your Own Adventure books). A year back I stumbled upon a shrinkwrapped four-pack sleeve of FF reprints there, but haven't had much luck since; it is indeed hit-or-miss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JayJai17 wrote:
Anyone planning on showing up to the FF events center this Saturday for the stragedy/wargaming marathon? I am planning on coming, but would prefer knowing that someone else I potentially know, is showing up...let me know!
Josh

I would if I wasn't out of town this weekend. But I don't think you potentially know me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Monson
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JayJai17 wrote:
Josh

I wish, but I have to work. What are the details? Was this publicized? I would be interested if it repeats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JJ Anderson
United States
Hopkins
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only reason I found out about it, was because they posted it on the Minneapolis Board Game Marathon Meetup page. Binge Gamer posted it, and he's the same guy that does the Marathons once a month. What a trooper! I wish I had that much ambition!

http://www.meetup.com/mbgmevents/events/58970942/?a=me1_grp&...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  109 , 110 , 111 , 112 , 113  Next »  [450] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.