United States
Beech Grove
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw it being played at GenCon 2009. It does exist. It does work. It is spooky. It is due to be released fall 2009. They were raffling one off. Not sure who won it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dair Grant
United States
Martinsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried it at GenCon, and it is interesting. I don't know that I would consider it a game, but that may be because no scoring system was discussed. It seemed like more of a toy to me.

I would be interested in someone with more knowledge than me talking about how it works. I assume it uses pulses rate, but possibly also electrical energy created by the brain. These are then relayed via a remote sensor worn on your head to the console that controls the fan blowing the small foam ball.

I can't say I'll be buying this, but it was fun to try it. I just wouldn't see myself using this regularly. It is more of novelty item for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jojo Conwell
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Cool, thanks guys.
I just talked to a guy at my gaming group and he tried it and was impressed. He says it works on the principles that it says it does; using the right kind of focus and relaxation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan José Fernández Quiroga
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wdgrant wrote:
I would be interested in someone with more knowledge than me talking about how it works. I assume it uses pulses rate, but possibly also electrical energy created by the brain. These are then relayed via a remote sensor worn on your head to the console that controls the fan blowing the small foam ball.

I don't know if this can help you but Dale Yu wrote an awesome review on Board Game News. Here is the link: http://www.boardgamenews.com/index.php/boardgamenews/comment...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linda Brown
msg tools
Hi..Gosh this game was hard to find. Kept trying Toysrus, Walmart, and Target; but they were always sold out. Looked at eBay, but I am a little leary of buying items there. Got burnt too many times.

A friend from Maine told me about a site that had them and I finally purchased one 2 weeks ago online at http://bigboyztoys.ecrater.com.

I must say I was excited to try it and after about 10 minutes I was able to master having the ball move up and down at will. Although I never believed in "Mind over Matter", this game makes you seriously think about it being very possible.

Had some friends over the other night, and they were so intrigued by it that we spent almost 3 hours playing it. Needless to say it was the hit of the night.

Sure would like to hear what others have to say after playing it. I think it will be a big hit this Xmas...that is, if people can find it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wdgrant wrote:
I don't know that I would consider it a game, but that may be because no scoring system was discussed.

Some of the exercises are able to keep track of the players score, others you will need to keep track manually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.