Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gordon Lamont
Scotland
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Asmodee have very kindly agreed to provide Fragor with 300 copies of the Leap of Death tile for those who bought our original edition in 2008. The tile is compatible with this edition. The artwork is broadly similar and the track size is the same. We did not want those who bought our original edition to miss out on this freebie so we are delighted to be able to make some available free as a thanks to those who bought our version

We are going to give away 250 of these from our booth in Essen. These will be available for collection - 1 per person - from Thursday at 10 am onwards at our stand. It is too much work to have a pre-order system for them so they will be given away on a first come first serve basis. You will need your BIG PAWS token from the original game to get the free tile.

Our stand is at hall 9-19 (the same as last year) where we will be selling our 2009 release Savannah Tails. We have taken 250 pre-orders in just over a week..... (cue for a sly plug - you can pre-order at http://www.fragorgames.com/preorder.html ). shake If you pre-ordered Snow Tails for posting and order our new 2009 game Savannah Tails we will include the Leap of Death tile with Savannah Tails when it is sent out.

We are going to send 50 tiles over to the US but we have not quite worked out the details. Again, US pre-orders are very important to us and we want to make sure that some tiles make their way across the pond. Details to follow once we have worked something out.

A big thanks to everyone for their support and kind words regarding Snow Tails. We have had a wonderful 12 months. It is time for us to try and do it again ! cool

Cheers,

Gordon and Fraser (“The Lamont Brothers”)
Fragor Games
26 August 2009

[edit 1 : to include Big Paws and postal order information - see my post below]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
diceman wrote:
Asmodee have very kindly agreed to provide Fragor with 300 copies of the Leap of Death tile for those who bought our original edition in 2008.

We are going to give away 250 of these from our booth in Essen.

We are going to send 50 tiles over to the US but we have not quite worked out the details.
Nothing for those who pre-ordered the original edition ? soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uisge Beatha
Scotland
flag msg tools
Independence Referendum - 18 September 2014 - 84.7% turnout
badge
Independence Referendum - 18 September 2014 - 84.7% turnout

Great news. Many thanks to you and Asmodee for your generosity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good idea, but I'd be concerned that profiteers will be snatching these up, as opposed to loyal customers that actually own the game.

Any thoughts about making folks show proof of ownership? Make 'em show you the Big Paws, or a card, or even a sled meeple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just sent an e-mail to pre-order Savannah Tails. Perhaps a Leap of Death tile could be included with that, as I'm not going to Essen...

Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dimitroff
United States
Beltsville
Maryland
flag msg tools
Right now I am feeling very: turbed, pirited, heveled, combobulated, and not tinguished, so don't you dare "dis" me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased an original copy of Snow Tails.
I can provide proof of purchase.
Is there any chance that I can get a free copy of "Leap of Death"?
If not directly, would you consider some sort of give away contest here on BoardGameGeek?

Contest A , Fragor will give away X copies to X random BGGers who demonstrate proof of purchase of the original game.

Contest B - Fragor will give away Y copies to Y random BGGers.

Entering contest A will exclude a user from entering B and vice versa, or something like that.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dolzan
Slovenia
Komenda
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I am with Jim. I also bought the original Snow Tails, and I would be very, very pleased if I can get the Leap of Death tile free, bundled together with a copy of Savannah Tails if I decide to make a preorder.

Please?

David

jimmcmahon wrote:
I just sent an e-mail to pre-order Savannah Tails. Perhaps a Leap of Death tile could be included with that, as I'm not going to Essen...

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Lamont
Scotland
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer

Ok, some good ideas here. We will do the following :-

1) Anyone pre-ordering Savannah Tails from us for posting who also pre-ordered Snow Tails for posting will get a free Leap of Death tile posted along with Savannah Tails.

2) We will make it a requirement at Essen that a Big Paws token is produced.

We are doing our best to make sure that everyone who wants one gets one.

Cheers,

Gordon

Gordon Lamont
Fragor Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
diceman wrote:
1) Anyone pre-ordering Savannah Tails from us for posting who also pre-ordered Snow Tails for posting will get a free Leap of Death tile posted along with Savannah Tails.
Hah! You think that'll force me to preorder do you? Huh? yuk

...yeah, alright then... preorder email on the way...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Belconnen
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
diceman wrote:

We are doing our best to make sure that everyone who wants one gets one.

I knew getting my FLGS manager to pick me up a copy at Essen would bite me in the bum one day. And I have preordered Savannah Tails.

Well Gordon, I would love one - any chance of getting one with Savannah Tails and making an ex-pat Scot happy? (We need a sad, puppy dog emoticon!!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
batcut wrote:
(We need a sad, puppy dog emoticon!!)
Try this one. It's not an emoticon, and it's not a puppy, but it might work...

Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
The key to the treasure is the treasure.
Thanks very much for taking care of your original customers! I'm very much looking forward to hearing about any Fragor edition tiles that make it to North America. It would be great to get such a tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
mb
jm100 wrote:
... Fragor edition tiles that make it to North America. It would be great to get such a tile.

Yes it would, but a Fragor edition tile is a non-existent thing. As indicated in the first post...Asmodee is giving Fragor a supply of Asmodee Leap of Death tiles to be given to owners of the Fragor edition of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
RPardoe wrote:
Yes it would, but a Fragor edition tile is a non-existent thing. As indicated in the first post...Asmodee is giving Fragor a supply of Asmodee Leap of Death tiles to be given to owners of the Fragor edition of the game.
That's a good point... the track is the same size, isn't it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
mb
Quoting Gordon (first post):

The tile is compatible with this edition. The artwork is broadly similar and the track size is the same.

And here is a photo of the Leap of Death between two Fragor Snow Tails tiles:

So yes, the tile is very compatible with the Fragor Edition.

Edit: Replaced personal gallery image w/ one now accepted as part of the Leap of Death Gallery
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mullender
United Kingdom
Newbury
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tile-tastic gordon!

However, my neice isn't impressed as I had to go and steal back my original copy of snow-tails to knab the big-paw

See you at Essen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
The key to the treasure is the treasure.
Quote:
We are going to send 50 tiles over to the US but we have not quite worked out the details. Again, US pre-orders are very important to us and we want to make sure that some tiles make their way across the pond. Details to follow once we have worked something out.

Any details? Or was this idea not able to pan out? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.