Subject: Hungry Crocodile rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Nolan
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mb
I like playing this with adults. It's fun to play drunk (unlike a lot of games) and when sober you can play quite tactically, making difficult placements for yourself rather than easy ones so that the next person has a really difficult placement.

Rolling a croc is effectively a free play (although I have seen very drunk people mess this up) and it makes things easier for the following players.

So, the Hungry Crocodile rule. When you roll the croc instead of placing your animal-eeple it is eaten by the croc and placed in the box. Which one gets eaten can be either the players choice or the opponents choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W M Shubert
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
We always play that the first two crocs are normal (except that one must go in front, one in back). From then on, a croc is a "1". Otherwise the animal stack gets too wide at the base and the game is too easy! And that also means that only the first few crocs are "free."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burster of Bubbles, Destroyer of Dreams.
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Just imagine the red offboard up here. I'll create it Real Soon Now...
badge
Yes, I know a proper 18XX tile should have a tile number.
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
We always play that the first two crocs are normal (except that one must go in front, one in back). From then on, a croc is a "1". Otherwise the animal stack gets too wide at the base and the game is too easy! And that also means that only the first few crocs are "free."

I've been playing this way as well.

Also, the hand can be used as a game-balancing mechanic -- kids hand off one of their animals, adults hand off a piece from the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.