Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the top 10 lists, but sometimes I just want to talk about what is new in my life. So this is a thread to chat about the latest game you played, or the last 3 or 5, or what game you bought on the weekend. Really, whatever game you want to talk about.

Tonight, we played 3 games of Alea Iacta Est. I liked it a lot - it was fast and fun. I'd like to try it with 4 or 5, to get extra tokens into play. It's a dice game but there's enough going on that it's not ONLY a dice game - recommended. We played 2p in around 15 minutes per game, which was pretty good we thought. We used the rules and playeraid here on BGG.

We're also playing quite a bit of Keltis: Der Weg der Steine Mitbringspiel which is a small-format Keltis. I've not played the big game, but this is a really nice little game (and dead cheap in Europe, too). I suspect I would really enjoy Keltis as well. Lost Cities is OK but I much prefer the simplified scoring system. Our 6 year old plays confidently (although not particularly competently yet) and our 11 year old has the competence part down pat too. But Fraser and I still enjoy playing it when they are asleep, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
flag msg tools
mb
melissa wrote:
We're also playing quite a bit of Keltis: Der Weg der Steine Mitbringspiel which is a small-format Keltis. I've not played the big game, but this is a really nice little game (and dead cheap in Europe, too).

Oh I love this little "bring with me" game! It's a big hit in our house too! It manages to distill the best of Keltis push-your-luck into a very simple and addictive format.

The other little game that's big hit with us right now is Los Banditos. Very simple yet very addictive. I made up my own more durable travel version...

And I just purchased PitchCar and the first two expansions as our 25th wedding anniversary present to each other. The first expansion came missing the long rails, and I'm going back-and-forth through multiple emails trying to get Ferti to send replacements. I have faith that they'll come through in the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Weisbeck
United States
Black Hawk
South Dakota
flag msg tools
"Blow up the damned ship, Jean-Luc!"
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend of my daughter's came over last night and the three of us played The Hanging Gardens twice. I like the concept but it can go pretty slow sometimes while someone tries to figure out the best card to take or the best way to place it. If you think of it as a one of those "chatty" games where lots of talking can go on during it, then you won't be disappointed.

I also have Combat Commander: Europe set up on a card-table sized table in the family room to play by myself. I think I could really get into this game if I could find a regular opponent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The last game we played was Can't Stop. Antiquity, Archaeology: The Card Game, and Qwirkle Cubes are our go-to games at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ketty
Chile
Santiago
RM
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I played :
Wasabi! --> for the first time and really like it.
Medina
Nefertiti

Sadly, my game group doesnt repeat games right away... So there are not hot games from now... But If I had it would be this ones (no particular order):

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clarissa Fleurdesel
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The most played game lately is FITS, followed by Zooloretto. My six year old daughter loves Zooloretto and asks for it all the time.

Fits is addictive. Our daughter really enjoys it, but we don't have to simplify it for her to play.

This weekend at the inlaws we played Apples to Apples, Robo Rally (without shooting lasers at each other so the six year old can play), and a game called Phase 10 which my mother-in-law found three copies of in a closet. It was fun but went on too long for my taste. Our daughter got a very extended turn on the Wii while we were playing it.shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicole
United States
Lovington
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm a weird one. Well, really I'm just the mother of boys. This weekend we played Heroquest, over and over. Well really just 3 times, but that's a lot of minutes to sit in our wooden kitchen chairs.

Nicole
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

If I had my way - my list would show Mr. Jack and the extension, StreetSoccer and Combat Commander: Europe almost exclusively. It's close,though.

I don't log the games of Street Soccer so it shows on my Top 10 list, but not on recently played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anye Freer
United States
Arlington
TX
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Last played: Vegas Showdown
Last new game bought & played: Space Hulk
Other last game played: Age of Empires III (which we decided doesn't work well with 2, but we really like with 3-4).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teri Zevallos
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The last 3 games that i played were: Dominion Intrigue, Citadels and Dominion. Lately its been all about the cards.

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Catheryne Hasley
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played Wasabi (which I was only marginally impressed with), Ticket to Ride:Eurpoe (Love, love, love), and Animal Upon Animal (with a nine year old, and four year old, and a five year old).

Good weekend all in all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jill
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The last three games ...

Dominion with the whole family (4 player)

Richelieu with my 15 yo daughter

Saboteur with a group of teenagers at the lunchtime games club that I run at the school where I teach

Dominion is the hot game in our house at the moment. I only bought it a few weeks ago and we all enjoy it, particularly my 13 yo son and myself. We're still working out how different cards can combine. My son has appointed himself set-up guru and chooses which ten sets of kingdom cards will be used. We've had some interesting games ... which mostly seem to include lots of witch cursing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sue Hemberger

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last 3 games played: Shanghaien, Richelieu, and Pente. We were visiting my family in CA and my mom and one of my nephews both wanted to learn some new 2 pl games, so I taught them the first two and nephew requested the third. Before that, my youngest nephew had me playing Funny Fishing(new and not bad!), Alpen Express, and Ribbit (both old faves) with him.

Back home in DC, my copies of Fzzzt! and Automobile have finally arrived from England, so I'm hoping to get to one or both of them soon. Also in the queue, Reef Encounter and Tales of the Arabian Nights. But with my daughter headed back to school on Wed and my husband snowed under with work, I'm probably being overly optimistic!

Cracks me up how much overlap there is here for me. Not only Jill's simultaneous and equally social/relationship-oriented post, but lots of Qwirkle Cubes, FITs, and Los Banditos being played here lately -- in fact littlesquirrel (aka my daughter) requested Banditos just seconds ago (and, for once, she wasn't reading over my shoulder -- she was trying to keep her dad from going to bed.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
Samurai

Last 3 played Face to Face

Lectio
This is a really beautiful game with that “games you grew up with” kind of feel – Dominos/Poker/Spades sort of combined. With some great strategy and read the other players kind of decisions to be made and of course a bit of luck in tile draws. Good scaling for different number of players. Again beautiful heavy tiles that clack together as you mix them, stand up nicely in front of you and feel weighty in your hand add to the sensory enjoyment of the game.

Richelieu Love this 2 player game. Though I have gotten so spoiled by playing it on MaBiWeb that keeping track of where I am and what I need to focus on was hard face to face.

Worm Up! Totally cute worm race game that our Game Master just introduced recently as a fun silly filler. For people with kids… this game had the potential to be really well received. You are racing worms which are made up of 7 tiny wooden segments totally not connected which you used to “inch” your worms from the starting line to the finish line.

For adults tile choice, with matching other player picks meaning neither of you move at all, along with an ability to move the finish line and block each other with creative “inching” makes this a really fun little screw each other in multiple ways game that keeps everybody laughing and groaning. Nice filler game.

On- Line - currently and recently

In the Shadow of the Emperor - This is a great game if you have never tried it. Very low luck intense game. (I am doing us ladies proud in the tournament I am in … I got though the first round robin potions with 3 out of 3 wins and I am currently leading in my second round game) I make a great Empress.

Samurai - Great game for 2 or 3 players

Kreta - Fun very Euro style game

Richelieu - Great 2 player game (see above)

Mykerinos - I seem to be virtually unable to win this as a two player game and unable to lose as when playing three players. Go figure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Suzan
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last real games we played were Dominion and Lexio, both three player games. We always keep playing Lexio until we want to play something else, not just 5 rounds. Dominion was three games in a row, also a big hit.

And now I really want to play Pandemic with On the brink.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jody Ludwick
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I haven't been playing very many games for the past year now. I've just recently started playing quite a bit of Race for the Galaxy lately with my soon to be 16 year old son/gaming buddy. This has been a great deal of fun. I've played the solo version a few times as well. We've tried Red November, w/o much success, probably needs more time.

We're really looking forward to playing Pandemic: On the Brink, (have it on pre-order).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MMB
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, take out the hankies as it's time for my pity party!!

Last 3 games I played were:
Oh Hell!
Hand and Foot
Acquire
(over 3 weeks ago!)
The first two were with non-gamers and the last with my husband, Mystery Bob.

Mystery Bob has become SUPER addicted to his computer/online game, an Evony-type game that NEVER ends!! It just keeps going and going. I tell him it looks like work to me!! He's on it 1st thing in the morning, and most of the evening and weekends. shake

I hope to play....well, anything from my collection in the near future.
I'd be happy to play a 2nd game of India Rails or Lost Cities at this point!!!

I did get him to agree to a new purchase, most likely Caylus Magna Carta.

I also got him to admit he will never play Mr. Jack again, so I can at least put it on my trade list while it's still in pristine condition!! :sigh:

//pity party over

kiss
MMB
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew W.
United States
Eighty Four
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Taoist, Pittsburgh Sports fan, and welcoming to people who are kind, from any walk of life.
badge
I have been playing games since the Atari 2600, Candy Land, Chuttes and Ladders, Go Fish, & the Apple ii. Supporting "the Geek" since 2006
mbmbmbmbmb
Bob! Play with your wife! Or at least hire someone to play with your wife! ...wait a minute...Something went wrong there...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Jensen
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
I was going to buy OverText but I didn't know what to say with it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Last three game sessions:

Thursday I played Combat Commander: Mediterranean with my friend Mark.

Saturday a few of the guys dropped by and we played Endeavor twice, Taj Mahal and Tigris & Euphrates.

Sunday I played A Victory Denied with my sweetie. kiss We stopped halfway through for dinner and haven't gotten back to the game table to finish it yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My last three games were Rat Hot, Ingenious: Travel Edition, and Pente. These were the games my grandmother owned, had forgotten how to play, and asked me to teach her.

I hope my next three games will be Ghost Stories, Kingsburg: To Forge a Realm, and Pandemic: On the Brink (assuming it comes out very soon).

Of course, if I can, I will always try to convince my dad to play ping-pong (and he will always try to convince me to play WEBoggle)!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sarahb
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our long weekend was filled with two days of atypically long and complex games- Rail Baron, Through the Ages, and Wealth of Nations. We also got in several games of Space Alert in our monthly SA night.

For the rest of the week, I'm going to be looking for something a little more familiar- maybe some Stone Age or Blue Moon City.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gertrude McFuzz

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there. I've never posted in this forum before, but it's fun to read everyone else's recent games, and I thought I'd add my own.

The last three games we've played were Glory to Rome (our go-to game and current favorite), Taluva (a new one for us that we're really enjoying), and Elasund: The First City. Taluva and Elasund both have a satisfying amount of blocking without being too vicious. I'm surprised to find that I relish a little take-that, as long as I'm evenly matched.

I hope the next games I play will include La Città, 1960: The Making of the President which we haven't pulled out in a while, and I really want to try Neuland, my first Tanga purchase. I'm trying to figure out which rules of Neuland (org. or z-man) to use when I first introduce it to my husband, since everyone seems to have such strong reactions to the game. If he hates the first play, it will be like pulling teeth to get it on the table again. It's also hard to get longer games on the table, especially since the school year is starting (he's a teacher), but we've been having a lot of fun with Elasund and La Citta this summer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CassSoren
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last 3, IIRC... Dominion + Intrigue, Ghost Stories, and Battle Line. I saw someone got Glory to Rome out. I suggested that but was vetoed. Still, who can complain that I have a live-in gaming partner!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got to play Endeavor yesterday. After 1 play I'd give it a 7. It plays fast, best with 4 or 5 I imagine. (I played with 4). Nothing really worng with the game, just nothing that really grabbed my attention either. Will definitely give it another go but not an automatic buy for me. We also played Agricola which I seem to never win, but at least I'm somewhat competitive now...at least I wasn't last. Winning score 37, 35, me at 34 and the last at 27. Lastly played a few rounds of MtG drafting from the cube.

edit: forgot to list my current "hot game" meaning one I'm interested in playing several at the moment but I'll say Mahjong for now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicki Scheele
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Top three? Easy enough, Number one is learning Twilight Struggle, a two player war game that takes place during the Cold War. I am very excited about this game. It takes 2-3 hours and I only know one person who plays it so getting more games might be a challenge in itself.

Number two, is Hive, another two player game, this time an abstract strategy game. The "feel" of the bits is wonderful and I don't find the insect theme off putting. Great game to take on a trip.

Number three , Agricola, is getting to be an old standby. Mostly play two and three player. I dream about this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [568] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.