$10.00
Joline
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We started our weekend with a nice 2p game of Runewars. I got completely crushed in the dragonstone score but on the board it looked a lot closer.
Yesterday we had a nice gamesession. We played:
Agricola, which I think is fun but will be more fun when you get to know the possibilities better (it was my first play)
PAX (from Jood) Which is a really nice game with 4p, I'm eager to try a 2p game as well to see the difference. Again here knowing what to expect will probably make it even more fun Thanks Jood! I like it very much!
Zauberschwert & Drachenei a little game the other couple had just picked up, it was fun, but I think it could do with some tokens to keep the scores more visible.
Dominion randomized with Dominion: Intrigue as well... Made me remember why I don't like cursed.. Overall in the end I had the whole amazing total score of 2 points!!!! wow (at least it wasn't a negative score )
BANG! After a first very short game (the sheriff blew himself up in the second round with my dynamite cool (only I was the deserter so I got nothing out of it )) We had a nice game with a very eager sherif

And in the break we ate a nice couscous diner
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stasia Doster
United States
Sherman
Texas
flag msg tools
If I am not gaming, I am reading!
mbmbmbmbmb
I only got one game played over the weekend - blasted school stuff! Beth and I played At the Gates of Loyang, our first play, and after a rather rough beginning, enjoyed the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dani Evans
United Kingdom
Telford
Shropshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mebririth wrote:

BANG! After a first very short game (the sheriff blew himself up in the second round with my dynamite cool (only I was the deserter so I got nothing out of it )) We had a nice game with a very eager sherif

Wow that's a full weekend! I was looking at Bang! as I love the idea and it looks pretty light and casual - would it be a good one to try with some very occasional gamers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played a 6-player game of Dominant Species yesterday. I must say I wouldn't recommend it with six. I prefer the game with 3 or 4 players. It really takes too long between turns and the problem is you can't decide what you're gonna do before it's your turn because everything can have changed by the time it is your turn... and if you have some people in the group who are prone to AP...it really takes ages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joline
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Plum wrote:
mebririth wrote:

Wow that's a full weekend! I was looking at Bang! as I love the idea and it looks pretty light and casual - would it be a good one to try with some very occasional gamers?

Indeed it was a very nice weekend . This is sure a game for occasional gamers. It's a nice game for 'bigger' groups as in 5-7 people. We used to play it a lot during lunchbreaks in college.
In suitability and easy explaining (and enthousiasm of other non-players) it is a bit comparable to Bohnanza or You're Bluffing! only here it's better to have a few more people. (that's because of the roles you include and the distance factor that becomes more important)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jood shine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2 weekends with both of us not feeling so well so we seem to have been playing lots of gentle games like

Kingdom Builder

Tally Ho!

Octopus' Garden

Fjords

Oregon

all of which we are pretty addicted to at the moment

did play
Dominant Species and
Santiago de Cuba yesterday
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristin Crane
Canada
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our usual gaming group was unavailable on Saturday so we took the opportunity to invite an old friend to stay the weekend and meet our son. John is a huge Fantasy Flight Games fan and will buy anything they make, so he showed up with Wiz-War (eighth edition) and A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition), two games that do not interest us. I've never read any of the George Martin books and really didn't want to sit through a 3 hour game so we grudgingly agreed to play Wiz-War. It was new to Curt and John, but I had owned the original version some 10+ years ago. The board certainly looks a lot snazzier, but I didn't enjoy the game. At least it was quick.

Next, we decided to pull out Nacht der Magier, to celebrate Earth Hour. We turned all the lights off and giggled our way through two very fun games. This game may be for kids, but it rates high on the "that's awesome!" list. cool

Last, we ended the night with a few rounds of Kingdom Builder. I got absolutely slaughtered by the Farmers card and came in a very, very distant third. Silly me, I forgot that you had to have at least one settlement in each section to qualify for that card. blush

The visit probably focused more on chatting than gaming, but that was okay. For JuliaZ: No supper, but I did cook whole wheat banana pancakes for breakfast, a family favorite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jood shine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
im sure the geek blades would love pancakes all round !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh wow, lots of gaming going on. We didn't do too much.

Kingdom Builder--Kristen, the more you play this and get used to the objectives, the better, of course. So hang in there!

Exxtra-really quick and I never seem to win! I think I push my luck too much.

Finca-I will never get good at this game. no matter how simple it is!

Alea Iacta Est-our first 3p game which I was hoping would be more fun that the 2p. Though it is better since I printed out the replacement cards with text, I can't say I'm too thrilled with it.

I think we just ate ham and bean soup!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia Ziobro
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eboshi wrote:
Our usual gaming group was unavailable on Saturday so we took the opportunity to invite an old friend to stay the weekend and meet our son. meeple

The visit probably focused more on chatting than gaming, but that was okay. For JuliaZ: No supper, but I did cook whole wheat banana pancakes for breakfast, a family favorite.

This made me LOL... we had whole wheat banana pancakes for breakfast Sunday too!!

Our game weekend was OK. We played Carnival (interesting and will play again with more than two players) and Caveman Curling (yes, I still suck at dexterity games, though I lost by only one point).

With the bigger group, we played Eclipse, where I came in a solid second by only three points; Ticket to Ride Map Collection: Volume 1 – Team Asia & Legendary Asia which I suggested and then lost by 75 points, which is some kind of world record for me (note to self: when playing 5-player on the Legendary Asia board, DO NOT keep ANY long tickets!); and Mundus Novus, which I also lost, coming in dead last in a 5-player game. I attribute my desperate losing streak on Saturday to not cooking anything at all for dinner; I put out a whole bunch of deli meat, bread, and the rest, and let them all make their own sandwiches. I don't know what lazywave hit me, but I just could not be bothered.

I guess I have to cook something amazing if I want to win. robot At least I did get to play TTR:LA with my new snazzy train tokens! http://www.amazon.com/Euro-Train-Token-350-Trains/dp/B00339L... SO CUTE!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stasia Doster
United States
Sherman
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love those trains, Julie! I may just have to check into buying some for Beth and me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristin Crane
Canada
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jood wrote:

Jood, I live about half an hour away from a Sugar Maple farm. It's a wonderful spot in the woods, full of thousands of maple trees and a log cabin house that serves pancakes all day. They have a really nice trail that goes through their woods and during the winter, we take our family up there to snowshoe and eat pancakes. It's wonderful and totally makes up for all those days I wake up to a frozen shut compost bin!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eboshi wrote:
jood wrote:

Jood, I live about half an hour away from a Sugar Maple farm. It's a wonderful spot in the woods, full of thousands of maple trees and a log cabin house that serves pancakes all day. They have a really nice trail that goes through their woods and during the winter, we take our family up there to snowshoe and eat pancakes. It's wonderful and totally makes up for all those days I wake up to a frozen shut compost bin!

Sounds divine (except for the frozen compost bin part)and the opposite of my sunny spot here in Florida.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stasia Doster
United States
Sherman
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played two games of Red November today (solo) and lost them both. Beth and I tackled Castle Panic, using the Wizard's Tower expansion, and lost that one twice. Not a good day for wins at my house!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Kattvippa wrote:
Yesterday I got to play Eclipse and Jaipur. Had a lot of fun

We played Jaipur on Sunday, and Utopian Rummy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I won two 2p games of Kingdom Builder only to badly lose a 3p game of the same today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia Ziobro
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My husband deserves

Today at my office, I received a box. Inside the box were still shrink-wrapped copies of Finca, In the Year of the Dragon, and Glen More.

He deserves for beating me at our first game of Finca but I guess I could just blame myself.

Nothing is better than huffing new-game smell while punching and bagging tokens and components!

JAZ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jood shine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PANCAKES KRISTIN

wow that does sound gorgeous - we are snowed in today got 7inches so far and driving snow and drifts are swirling around..have to say i do love it..but wondering whats happened to the early spring flowers..hara is working at home which means an early start to our easter gaming holiday
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dani Evans
United Kingdom
Telford
Shropshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
JuliaZ wrote:
My husband deserves

Today at my office, I received a box. Inside the box were still shrink-wrapped copies of Finca, In the Year of the Dragon, and Glen More.

He deserves for beating me at our first game of Finca but I guess I could just blame myself.

Nothing is better than huffing new-game smell while punching and bagging tokens and components!

JAZ

Oh that's brilliant, were they a surprise? What a lovely start to the day laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played Ora et Labora last night
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JuliaZ wrote:
My husband deserves

JAZ

Where in the heck did he find Glen More?!!!? I am JEALOUS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia Ziobro
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mamadallama wrote:
JuliaZ wrote:
My husband deserves

JAZ

Where in the heck did he find Glen More?!!!? I am JEALOUS!

Apparently, he got all three games from one seller (Eli Mayer) here in the BGG Marketplace with shipping from Chicago to here near Seattle for less than $100. The box was not a surprise but what was in it was.
meeple
JAZ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just sold my copy of Glen More, as Walnut Grove has replaced it for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boom Chakalaka
United States
flag msg tools
A full gaming weekend for me!

Saturday was gorgeous - we had
Forrest & Ryan Driskel
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
over for dinner...grilled brook trout (that they'd recently caught on a fishing trip), a big salad, pasta, and mojitos, which we enjoyed out in the backyard.

These were my games Fri-Sun:

Arkham Horror with a couple expansions - played twice since we won too easily/quickly the first one
Kingsburg
Caveman Curling - twice on this one, too; girls vs boys, and we lost brutally to our mates 6-0 (in one round), then 6-2 (two rounds for the second game)
Split (Revised Edition) - I really like this card game...especially when I get to say, "Take a hit!" to an opp, so they get negative points, mwahaaa
Mutiny! - very ehh pirate game from FF
No Thanks! x2
De Vulgari Eloquentia - with 4 this time...it scaled well, and definitely a lot more going on than with 2

Then Monday I got in plays of Merchants & Marauders, The Downfall of Pompeii, and A Brief History of the World...all great games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dani Evans
United Kingdom
Telford
Shropshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
An excellent night of gaming last night. We kicked off with a six person Battlestar Galactica, my first experience with the game. I was hoping for a nice clean game so I could follow the lead of the other humans while I learned the ropes but no, I was a Cylon from the very first round! robot We didn't reveal until the second half of the game and it came right down to the wire - if we hadn't won when we did then the next human would have activated the final jump for victory. Awesome game and lots of fun, I'm looking forward to a chance to try it again

After that there was a three player Alien Frontiers which was an incredibly hard-fought battle that went on for over two hours arrrh. The other two players both had a chance to finish before me but the dice pixies favoured me - they both rolled badly and I rolled well to win by a single point.

Two for two laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  57 , 58 , 59 , 60 , 61  Next »  [567] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.