Boom Chakalaka
United States
flag msg tools
Tuesday was our big gaming night - we played Pizza Theory, Liar's Dice, Tycoon, The Downfall of Pompeii, Fresco, and Crappy Birthday ('twas
Emily Rahn
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
's birthday). I also recently learned Blue Moon City, For Sale, and Break the Safe. (The last one was a filler while we were making dinner, heh.)

Also got to play test the Belfort expansion - fun...highly anticipating the finished product!

Nori
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stasia Doster
United States
Sherman
Texas
flag msg tools
If I am not gaming, I am reading!
mbmbmbmbmb
bellynice wrote:
Tuesday was our big gaming night - we played Pizza Theory, Liar's Dice, Tycoon, The Downfall of Pompeii, Fresco, and Crappy Birthday ('twas
Emily Rahn
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
's birthday). I also recently learned Blue Moon City, For Sale, and Break the Safe. (The last one was a filler while we were making dinner, heh.)

Also got to play test the Belfort expansion - fun...highly anticipating the finished product!

Nori

I am still waiting for my copy of Belfort to come in, so I am jealous of you getting to try the expansion already! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia Ziobro
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scdoster wrote:
bellynice wrote:
Emily Rahn
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Nori

I am still waiting for my copy of Belfort to come in, so I am jealous of you getting to try the expansion already! meeple

Love the game, didn't know an expansion was on the way, can't wait to have it in hand!! meeple
JAZ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia Ziobro
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mamadallama wrote:
Yikes! And I don't even know what the Zoch series is! I buy all of my games online because I don't have a FLGS.

The Chicken family of Zoch and many, many of these (their whole catalog). You could drive yourself crazy collecting all of these, but I haven't played one yet that wasn't a great family game, with clear rules and high production values.

I pretty much buy them whenever I see one we don't have, without checking BGG first, and that is VERY high praise indeed (I am always breaking out my phone in FLGS to check reviews before deciding to pull something off the shelf!) LOL

meeple
JAZ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna Hind
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
“Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering.” ― Steve Maraboli
badge
"Be happy with being you. Love your flaws. Own your quirks. And know that you are just as perfect as anyone else, exactly as you are." Ariana Grande
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday we played Dragon's Gold, Samurai and Fearsome Floors, all new games to me. And of course I lost every one of them, but it didn't matter laugh We had fun and had some pie (sun dried tomatoes, spinach, kalamata olives) and salad with avocados, spring onions, some nuts and mustard gravy. And when I got home, I finally managed to be online at Yucata at the same time with Jood and Tom I got todo some more gaming
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raquel
Portugal
Massama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This weekend I played:

. Arkham Horror with all expansions
. Battlestar Galactica with Pegasus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
bellynice wrote:
Emily Rahn
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Nori

How do you like Blue Moon City? I've had it for nearly a year and a half (Christmas 2010 gift) and still not played it. For some reason I just haven't gotten past opening the box.

I think I just need a little nudge that it will be worthwhile...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boom Chakalaka
United States
flag msg tools
I wasn't too enamored of it - pretty so-so, by my tastes, though I wouldn't adamantly be opposed to playing it again (like I am to Eclipse, haha). The art on the cards was really great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boom Chakalaka
United States
flag msg tools
JuliaZ wrote:
scdoster wrote:

Love the game, didn't know an expansion was on the way, can't wait to have it in hand!! meeple
JAZ

Me too! Think they're aiming for mid-end of summer to release it, if I remember correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristin Crane
Canada
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got in a 3p game of Elder Sign last night. Used to be a favorite game of our group, but last night no one enjoyed playing it. We've implemented a new rule at our house, after we play a game we ask "is it better than ___(a game with a similar mechanic)". Everyone agreed Yggdrasil is the preferred co-op game so looks like we've got another one for the auction pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jood shine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
easy see thats one less!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joline
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday we played Tikal for the first time in years.. During my teens that was our first experience with more serious games than Monopoly, The Game of Life or Labyrinth. Since my bf never knew it, we played yesterday. It seems very very light now hahaha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Lopes
France
Beuvry
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello girls,
here's what I last played with my 8 and 6 years sons:

- a game I discovered because I really like Mage Knight Boardgame and so I bought another game from Vlaada Chvatil: Prophecy: my sons loved it, and either did I! 2 hours of pleasure on this rainy sunday...

- a little game that I find very fast paced and very pleasant: Atlanteon. Quick to play, easy to learn!

- and Forbidden Island: Yesss! we endly got the treasures!

For this evening, certainly a Mage Knight Board Game in solo play

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mayer
United States
Perry
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We have been playing the heck out of

I believe that it is the most often I have played a game in a row. I am just waiting on my copy of Vanuatu to arrive from France.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Clint (husband) and I had our first play of Thunderstone Advanced on Sunday, followed with another play last night.

I don't know if it is the change in some of the rules and cards or that as we play more Thunderstone in general that I am getting better at it, but I had my first win on Sunday and last night was a close loss (45-41).

I love the moonstone and the dancing sword. The avatars and familiars are nifty, but I wouldn't mourn their loss either. I'm not crazy about any of the heroes yet, though I dislike the marty-cleric one.

This is climbing up in my esteem. It meets Clint's love of deck building but doesn't annoy me like Dominion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll have to seriously check Last Will out. It sounds like how we are about Kingdom Builder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dani Evans
United Kingdom
Telford
Shropshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Our group tried Last Will but we just kind of bounced off it. I'm not really sure why and we only tried it once so maybe it wasn't a fair trial but it hasn't been back to the table since soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stasia Doster
United States
Sherman
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beth and I tried Kingdom Builder again last night and we still like it. Using a suggestion from Kathy that we utilize all the special building abilities on just about every turn, our scores were higher than the first time we tried the game. I think (after a grand total of 2 plays) that this game is going to be a keeper for us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristen Hansen
United States
Lawrenceville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played my first game of Last Will last night (2p) and thought it was really fun. I tried to do farms too late for them to benefit me, so I ended up losing, but I wanted to play again right after. It's really easy to learn, definitely on the lighter side of things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scdoster wrote:
Beth and I tried Kingdom Builder again last night and we still like it. Using a suggestion from Kathy that we utilize all the special building abilities on just about every turn, our scores were higher than the first time we tried the game. I think (after a grand total of 2 plays) that this game is going to be a keeper for us.

Glad that worked out for you, Stasia. We played it twice today and the games were radically different. One set of scores was in the 70's and 80's but the other only was 40's and 50's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stasia Doster
United States
Sherman
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mamadallama wrote:
scdoster wrote:

Glad that worked out for you, Stasia. We played it twice today and the games were radically different. One set of scores was in the 70's and 80's but the other only was 40's and 50's.

We have not reached the stratosphere of 70s and 80s in our games, but the game last night we did get into the 40s and 50s.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Should games played on Yucata be posted to the Yucata thread or do they go here?

I tried out Carcassonne H & G on Yucata today. Playing a rematch now to give my husband a chance to regain his honor after the thorough trouncing I dished out this afternoon.

I get the feeling a hard copy will soon make it's way through the front door...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scdoster wrote:
Mamadallama wrote:
scdoster wrote:

We have not reached the stratosphere of 70s and 80s in our games, but the game last night we did get into the 40s and 50s.

We don't usually get up there either. 40's 50's is the norm, it seems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually post yucata games on the yucata thread but i don't think it's such a big deal, Jessica. It's funny how playing there leads to hard copies, isn't it? Yucata is directly responsible for at least 3 new games in my house so far!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stasia Doster
United States
Sherman
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mamadallama wrote:
I usually post yucata games on the yucata thread but i don't think it's such a big deal, Jessica. It's funny how playing there leads to hard copies, isn't it? Yucata is directly responsible for at least 3 new games in my house so far!

Yucata is responsible for Yspahan (which should be here any day now), Oregon (no idea when I am going to get it, but the game is on order), Thurn & Taxis, Thunderstone Advance (on order), and Finca.

I really need to stop playing games on Yucata, right? Or maybe just stop buying games. . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  59 , 60 , 61 , 62 , 63  Next »  [588] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.