Richard Erwin
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I can purchase either. I want whatever I get to be able to work with For Honor and Glory. How do the two games compare, and is there a "best" one to buy given my requirement? I know CFoC will work with HoG, but would HtL as well?

Thanks for your opinions....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Duke Ellington: The Far East Suite || George Russell: Ezz-thetics || Gil Evans: Out of the Cool || Bob Brookmeyer: New Work
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a thread where the two were compared, Rich:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/338605

As I said in my post there, Hold the Line plus the French and Indian War expansion give you something very close to Clash for a Continent, other than components. The rules changes are very minimal.

If you are going to get For Honor and Glory too, and want to create your own scenarios, you'll want Clash because the components match. If not, and you can get both the base Hold the Line plus the expansion, you might as well do that because the components are nicer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Stewart
United States
Bowie
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Just my opinion, but though both Clash and Hold the Line are very enjoyable; for replayability I like the Clash scenarios better. Both
much better than Honor. I thought that HTL components covered all the Clash scenarios. Since there are no cards, they all work great solitaire.

Recommend HTL plus Clash scenarios; just get them all plus F&I expansion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
facebook.com/HistoricalBoardGames
mbmbmbmbmb
Hold the line just looks great on the table. Personally I enjoy good looking bits
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.