Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
... the F is for Frakkin!

Wiki link

As of January 19, 2010, the Wiki will become the primary source, although I will continue to update this thread after updating the wiki and encourage other wiki authors to do the same, since a lot of people are probably subscribed to the thread and not the wiki (yet).

There have been a lot of weird rules questions, probably interactions that didn't come up during playtesting, and some things which may just have been oversights. I've scanned the rules subforum here for questions, and included official answers where possible, which wasn't nearly as often as I hoped when I set out to do this.

Official rulebook (core)
Official rulebook (Pegasus):
FAQ (both) (last update 8/20/09)

Questions are in bold.
Official answers are in italics, with a link to the thread.
Unofficial answers appear in plain text, with a note on whose opinion(s) they are. Sometimes no answer appears because it's too debated.

I will update this when additional answers come in. Special thanks go to all the geeks who have written excellent responses to some of these questions, to those who have shared responses from Corey @ FFG, to Corey himself for taking the time to answer these questions, and to the readers of this thread who will no doubt help me find additional questions and answers to update this post with.

(Last update: about 12:05 p.m. EST December 5, 2009)

Character abilities

Q: Can Helo be executed by the airlock while he is "Stranded"? By a crisis card? (thread)
A: (Corey, FFG, to coltsfan76): Yes to both.

Q: Can Caprica Six and/or Dee use their once-per-game abilities to add additional cards to a crisis above the limits normally imposed by being in the Brig or Detention, or by being a Cylon leader (Six only)? (thread)
A: (Corey, FFG, to me) Yes, you can use these abilities while in the Brig.

Q: If both basestars are on the board, can Cavil use his Primacy ability to add raiders and a civilian ship WITHOUT removing a basestar first? (thread)
A: (Corey, FFG, to me) Yes. Adding or removing basestars is optional.

Q: Must Cain always reach an actual count of 10 when the Admiral's Quarters are activated to use her continuous ability? For example, if Cylon Hatred or Jury Rigged or Declare Emergency were used, could the total of the check be less than 10 and still allow her to execute the target? (thread)
A: (Corey, FFG, to me): No, in order to use her ability, they must reach at least 10 for the check. This is unaffected by abilities like Jury Rigged and Declare Emergency.

Q: If the "Code Blue" crisis fails, Dee is the current player, she's human, and morale is 3 (before applying the effects of the crisis), is the replacement character placed in the Brig or in that character's starting location? ((thread)
A: (Corey, FFG, by way of DaveD): Apply the effects in the order listed. (I suspect that some will still question what that means, so I retain my original answer: first lose the morale. At the loss of this morale, Dee is executed, the new character is placed on the board (wherever is appropriate), titles are passed, the new character is still the current player (that hasn't changed) and therefore is moved to detention.

Q: If Dee uses Communications during the New Caprica phase, can she look at the civilian ships that are locked and/or prepared, even though she can't move them? (thread)
A: (Corey, FFG, to me) Dee can only look at ships in space areas.

Q: When Ellen Tigh draws her extra cards from her movement ability, do they have to come from her skill set? (thread)
A: (Core Rulebook, Page 12) Yes. Unless an ability explicitly says otherwise, you have to stay within your skill set.

Q: Can Ellen Tigh use her OPG ability to take the Admiral title while in the Brig?
A: (Corey, FFG, by way of DC Anderson): No.

Q: When Laura Roslin attacks occupation forces on New Caprica, does this count as activating the location she's currently in? (thread)
A: (Corey, FFG, to me) No, this does not count as activating a location.

Q: If Kat uses her "hotshot" ability to discard a skill card instead of rolling a die, when shooting at a basestar with structural damage, does the +2 from structural damage apply?
A: (Corey, FFG, to me) No, because this is not a die roll.

Q: If Helo uses his reroll ability after "Calculations" has been played, does the modifier carry over to the reroll?
A: (Corey, FFG, by way of Twekkie) Yes.

Q: Which happens first, Caprica Six's once-per-game ability to add cards to a skill check, or Declare Emergency?
A: (Corey, FFG, by way of Twekkie) Caprica Six's ability.

Skill cards

Q: If a player is entitled to draw cards that must come from within their skill set (e.g., Ellen Tigh's continuous ability), can that player draw more cards of a single type than he or she could draw at the beginning of his or her turn (e.g., could Ellen draw 2 treachery)? (thread)
A: (Corey, FFG, by way of coltsfan76): Skill set ONLY includes type for this, not number. Baltar's skill set includes only the 4 printed on his sheet, not the extra card he may draw after seeing a crisis. The NUMBER limits matter at the start of the game when selecting your initial hand.

Q: Are the "Investigative Committee" cards included with Pegasus intended to replace the cards in the base game if you're not playing with the Pegasus expansion? (numerous threads)
A: (Corey, FFG, by way of coltsfan76) Officially, they are not intended for use in the base game, but you may play however you wish.(Personally, I mixed in the Pegasus components and wouldn't play without them, except I don't always use NC or the Cylon Leaders, so the new ICs are here to stay in my copy! I find it a lot more interesting not knowing exactly how much destiny has to help. You can always use "Guts and Initiative" to stop destiny.)

Q: Do characters with choices in their skill sets make the choice before seeing any cards or only before seeing any of the split set? (thread)
A: (Corey, FFG, by way of coltsfan76): Before seeing any of their cards. (This came up because of a poorly worded section in the Pegasus rulebook which seemed to contradict the original rulebook.)

Q: Does the "Special Destiny" Treachery card allow Cylon players to draw a treachery card? (thread)
A: (my opinion, some others on the thread): The rules only say Cylons are immune to some effects of crisis cards. This is not a crisis, therefore yes, they must draw the card.

Q: If a Cylon Leader is infiltrating and receives an Executive Order or uses a Critical Situation card, can he stop infiltrating for his first action and still receive a second action (i.e., draw a super crisis or use an action on his character sheet)? (thread)
A: (Corey, FFG, in this thread) No, they don't get a second action.

Q: Can any player play a Major Victory card, or only the player who made the kill? (thread)
A: (Corey, FFG, by way of coltsfan76): The player playing the card must be the one who killed the appropriate target.

Q: If multiple cards with Reckless Skill Check effects are played into a skill check, what order are they resolved in?
A: (Corey, FFG, by way of DaveD): Current player chooses.

Q: If someone plays "Run Interference" and Scar is in their sector, what happens?
A: (Corey, FFG, by way of coltsfan76): Scar only counts as one raider for this card. Scar and up to 3 other raiders could be stopped.

Q: Can you discard multiple "Max Firepower" cards to continue rerolling against an occupation force?
A: (Corey, FFG, by way of Twekkie): Yes.

(See character abilities for Helo vs. Calculations)

New Caprica

Q: What happens to a Cylon who is executed on New Caprica? (every other thread!)
A: (Pegasus rules) Any effect which would send a character to the Resurrection Ship while Galactica is not in orbit sends them to the Medical Center instead.

Q: How do Cylon Leaders work on New Caprica? Can they start/stop infiltrating? What actions do they take? (numerous threads)
A: (Pegasus rules): A leader who is infiltrating at the start of the NC phase is a human player and moved to Resistance HQ with the other humans. He takes human actions. He may, as an action, stop infiltrating and go to the medical center (unless Galactica has returned, in which case he goes to the Resurrection Ship).

A leader who was not infiltrating is moved to Occupation Authority. He or any leader who stops infiltrating takes Cylon actions.

There is no way to START infiltrating if you did not begin the NC phase infiltrating or resume infiltrating if you stop, until Galactica returns.

Q: Once Galactic returns to orbit during the New Caprica phase, could a Cylon still play "Bomb on Colonial One," even though Colonial One is not in play? (thread)
A: (Corey, FFG, to me) Yes, the -2 morale would still apply if the check fails.

Q: If a Cylon leader is in Detention when the Admiral ends the game by jumping away from New Caprica, is he executed? Does this mean he no longer counts as being infiltrated (or for that matter, in detention) for the purposes of his agenda? (thread)
A: (Corey, FFG, to me) Yes, he is executed, and therefore no longer infiltrating for the purposes of his agenda.

Q: If you activate Occupational Authority (Cylon) when there are no forces on the board, what happens? (thread)
A: (Corey, FFG, by way of DCAnderson): Two are added to the first location.

Q: When you activate Occupational Authority (Cylon) when there are two or more forces on the board, do you move only 1 (as the board says) or all (as the rules say)? (thread)
A: (Corey, FFG, by way of DCAnderson): The board overrides the rulebook here, and only 1 force is activated. One additional force is then placed on the Occupational Authority square.

Q: When the New Caprica phase starts, are players in the Brig moved to Resistance HQ? (thread)
A: Pegasus Rulebook, page 13: All human players (and only humans can be in the Brig, Cylon leaders count as human players) go to Resistance HQ.

Q: Where can a player who passes the check in Detention move to? (thread)
A: (Corey, FFG, by way of David Goldfarb, in this (thread) ): A player who leaves the Brig may move to Colonial One if he discards a card to do so. (Therefore, by extension, a player leaving detention could move to Galactica or Pegasus if they were available, by discarding a card.) (NOTE: This specifically contradicts the original rulebook.)
A: (Corey, FFG, by way of ColtsFan76, in this thread: You can only move from the Brig to Galactica, even if you have a card to discard. So by extension, you can only move from Detention to New Caprica. (Don't be surprised if this gets cleared up in a FAQ or something. For now I'm not marking this official, because the answer is not specifically about Detention.)

Q: If civilian ships would be put on the board after Galactica returns from a treachery card or Super Crisis, where do the ships come from? (various threads, on BGG and FFG)
A: (original rulebook, page 28): The ships are in play, and subject to component limitations. They can't be moved.

Q: What can and can't you do in detention?
A: (Pegasus rules and comments from Corey, most by way of Twekkie)
Can (must) draw a crisis and activate ships and prepare for jump.
Can use any character abilities, including Ellen's, Six's, and Dee's OPG, except Apollo Alert Viper Pilot and Kat's OPG.
Can play Quorum cards (remember to roll the die).
Can take any action from your hand, character sheet, title card, or attempt to escape.
Can stop infiltrating (see above for how this works).
Can be Admrial.
Can order the final jump (but you will be executed).
Can play movement abilities.

Can't move from the spot except by passing the check or the result of a crisis or by stopping infilitrating.

Pegasus Board Locations / questions that cross gameboards

Q: Does the "structural damage" token on a basestar affect shots made at it by Pegasus CIC? (thread)
A: (Corey, FFG, to me): They affect die rolls and therefore affect CIC rolls against it

Q: Can a Cylon with the "send someone on Galactica to the Brig" reveal power use this on a player on New Caprica or Pegasus? (same thread as above)
A: (Corey, FFG, by way of vampyrefate) Only characters on Galactica. (No change from printing on card.)

Q: Can you use the Admiral's Quarters location on someone in Detention (e.g., to take the Admiral title from them by moving them to the brig)? (below in this thread)
A: (Corey, FFG, by way of Twekkie) While it would be a legal action, it would not move them to the Brig. Any effect which would move a character on New Caprica to the Brig instead moves them to detention.

Crisis cards

Q: In Training Snafu, it says "damage 3 vipers in space areas or in the reserves". Do you chose a location? (ie, can you pick space areas if you only have 1 or two vipers flying) or do you just lose three vipers and have to choose where they come from? Can you split the loss between space areas and the reserves (must you if you don't have at least 3 in space areas?) (thread)
A: (Corey, FFG, to me) The current player makes the choice of which 3 vipers to damage. You can mix and match from any vipers on the board or in the reserves. (By implication, I take that to mean that you will always damage 3 unless there are not 3 available to damage. You can't get out of damaging 3 by choosing space areas when there aren't 3 there.)

Q: What defines (or who decides that) a particular effect of a crisis card is negative (since Cylons ignore negative abilities)? (thread)
A: (Corey, FFG, to me): The Cylon may choose to apply any negative effect he desires, for whatever reason. Each Cylon may make this choice independently.

Q: The new rules don't mention that Cylon players skip the "Activate Cylon Ships" step. Do they still skip it?
A: (Corey, FFG, by way of twekkie): Cylon players (including non-infiltrating Cylon leaders) always skip this step.

Q: If a Crisis card says "damage Galactica twice", can the current player choose to damage Pegasus? (page 4 of this thread)
A: (Corey, FFG, by way of David Goldfarb) Yes, and he can choose and resolve each token before choosing the next. (By implication, this may also apply to the Cylon reveal power: "May Damage Galactica.")

The "Code Blue" crisis is discussed under character abilities.

Desinations and Legendary Discovery

Q: Can "Legendary Discovery" trigger the New Caprica phase if it takes you to distance 7? If so, what happens to ships that were on the board at the time? (thread)
A: (Corey, FFG, by way of DCAnderson): If you are at distance 6 and pass Legendary Discover, remove all civilian ship from space areas and place them in the locked pile at New Caprica. All other ships remain on the board. Reset the jump track.

Q: For the "Gas Cloud" destination, must the three crises be placed all on either top or bottom, or may the player split them between top and bottom in any order he chooses? (thread)
A: (Corey, FFG, to me) The player may split them and put them in any order in any combination.

Q: If the "Mining Asteroid" destination causes you to reach New Caprica, do the ships added by "Scar" (crisis card) stay on the board? (same thread as above)
A: (Corey, FFG, to me) Yes, this counts as ships placed by a destination card.

Quroum cards

Q: Can "Consult the Oracle" (Quorum card) be used to look at the loyalty deck (pre-sleeper)? What about the agenda deck? (thread)
A: (Corey, FFG, to me): Neither of these decks can be looked at.

Q: If a player is targeted by an Arrest Order during the New Caprica phase after Galactica has returned to orbit, where does he go? (thread)
A: Corey, FFG, by way of Twekkie: Players on New Caprica go to detention, otherwise to the Brig.

General rules

Q: Can you look at which civilian ships have been destroyed? (thread)
A: (Corey, FFG, to me) Yes.

Q: Can an sympathizer (core game version) use the new Resurrection Ship text to draw a Super Crisis, then play it later using Caprica?
A: (Corey, FFG, by way of Twekkie) Yes to both.

Q: Are drinks allowed on the table? (thread)
A: (FFG customer service, by way of Yib-Yab) No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
Trumpy, you can do stupid things!
mbmbmbmbmb
So how many type-o's did you find?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
InfoCynic wrote:

Q: What happens if the President title changes hands after the "Probation" Quorum Card is played? (thread)
A: No general consensus : some favor the current president, some say the player who gave the card.

From the FAQ

Quote:
Q: Who chooses when the “Probation” card is discarded to
activate its ability?
A: The President.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Anderson
United States
Smyrna
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
InfoCynic wrote:
Q: What happens if the President title changes hands after the "Probation" Quorum Card is played? (thread)
A: No general consensus : some favor the current president, some say the player who gave the card.

This one is already in the FAQ:

Q: Who chooses when the “Probation” card is discarded to
activate its ability?
A: The President.

Quote:
Q: When you activate Occupational Authority (Cylon) when there are two or more forces on the board, do you move only 1 (as the board says) or all (as the rules say)? (no previous thread)
A: ????

The rulebook talks about activating the Occupation Forces in general (like from a Crisis card) while Occupation Authority is specific in saying you activate one. I don't really see a contradiction here, and I think Occupation Authority is used as written.

Quote:
Q: Can "Legendary Discovery" trigger the New Caprica phase if it takes you to distance 7? If so, what happens to ships that were on the board at the time? (thread)
A: I really don't want to think about it. I'm going to leave this one for Corey!

I'm with the camp that says you never actually jumped, so everything but the Civvies stay on the board. The jump track is reset however, as it specifically says to do this in the steps for the New Caprica setup.

Other than that, so far so good
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem I have with Occupational Authority is that the paragraph starts with listing both NCCC and that board location as how OAs get activated, and then immediately says that all OAs get moved up one space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Werner
United States
Braidwood
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've been vocal enough on the other board about the XO or Critical Situation going to the cylon leader. An in-a-nutshell version of my thoughts:

Critical Situation- yes, you would get your action phase, as a cylon leader, you use an action to move to the res. ship, it never mentions anything about ending your turn just because you left. Also, the effect of Critical Situation is over with and done before you switch from Human Player to Cylon Player.

XO- this is where the fun is... I say no you would get no second action. Simply because you would turn from Human Player to Cylon Player while the card is still effecting you. And as the FAQ say, a cylon player cannot be targeted by an XO. Once you are an illegal target, the effect of the card wouldn't effect you anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Added more questions from FFG's board and links to the rulebooks and FAQ. Thanks for the contributions (tips, thumbs, comments)! I don't necessarily want to get into lengthy discussions of particular issues in this thread, unless there is no existing thread (in which case someone should probably create one). In general I tried to present a majority opinion from a thread, except when there really isn't a clear majority opinion (i.e., XO cylon leaders -> reveal).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Werner
United States
Braidwood
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
Very good thread Carl, well put together... sorry, it wasn't my intention to try and incite a lengthy discussion here, just trying to present the other side since there wasn't a clear majority.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it's probably one of the most controversial things I've found so far, although I suspect Gas Cloud could be (but seriously, who picks Gas Cloud except by Blind Jump? )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, most of those seem like they're just correctly playing with the rules as written, The AQ vs someone in the Detention Center is interesting and not immediately obvious, so I'll add that one in my next update. Thanks for sharing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
InfoCynic wrote:

Q: What defines (or who decides that) a particular effect of a crisis card is negative (since Cylons ignore negative abilities)? (thread)
A: An interesting question. Discarding skill cards is clearly negative, but if it's "discard ... and draw treachery" as a few are, perhaps the Cylon player wouldn't mind giving up a few cards.

The rules actually state that a Cylon MAY ignore the negative effects of Crisis Cards. So basically the Cylon decides which parts to do and which parts not to do. So you don't need to know what is bad and what is not since the Cylon player decides that. Of course I don't think there is any reason to discard cards as a Cylon since the Treachery card that triggers off that only works for Human players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I haven't looked at all the new cards, but what if there was a 'the current player is executed...' which if the cylon is low on cards, he could consider getting executed to get a free trip back to the res ship to grab a super crisis. It's a longshot, but it could come up. The question was asked and it didn't seem to have a clear answer, so I included it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would look at it this way. Let the cylon decide on a case for case basis. If he feels the effect is negative (for him), then he will obviously ignore it, if he thinks it is actually positive he may choose to take the effect. If there is more than one cylon, then they may make different choices as to whether to be affected.

In most cases the answer to the question will be obvious such as the execution possibility, but perhaps, as Carl suggests, it may sometimes be advantageous, so the cylon could then decide to be executed.

This is just how I would play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
InfoCynic wrote:
Well, I haven't looked at all the new cards, but what if there was a 'the current player is executed...' which if the cylon is low on cards, he could consider getting executed to get a free trip back to the res ship to grab a super crisis. It's a longshot, but it could come up. The question was asked and it didn't seem to have a clear answer, so I included it.

thats the exact point though. He MAY ignore them, if he feels that the negative helps him in someway then he can go through with it.

The only time he cannot is the one card that refers to Cylon players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Anderson
United States
Smyrna
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got some steaming hot, fresh official rulings for yah:

Quote:
Message from:
Dan Anderson

Rule Question:
It's time to put this one to rest.

If I'm using the Pegasus Expansion, and we are at distance 6 already, what happens if we pass the Legendary Discovery Crisis Card (which would push us to distance 7 and trigger the New Caprica Phase without actually jumping)?

What ships will or will not be cleared off the main board?

And is there any other weird thing we should consider?

And a question about Occupation Authority- just to clarify, when it says you activate 1 Occupation Force, it really means you only activate 1, right? Like if there were already 2 on the board, then only 1 of them would move?

Quote:
Hello Dan,

The only ships that would be cleared off the game board are the civilian ships (as per step 5 of the New Caprica Phase setup). The other ships are only cleared off if galactica jumps just before reaching the new caprica phase.

Occupation Authority only activates 1 Occupation Force and then place a new one (as listed on the location). Yes, only 1 of them would move if you used this location.

I hope this answers your question!
-Corey Konieczka
Lead Game Designer
Fantasy Flight Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Dan! Updated, and taking a page out of their book, I'm using RED for updates now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Anderson
United States
Smyrna
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
InfoCynic wrote:
and the jump track is unchanged.[/i] (This means that Galactica may return sooner than usual!)[/COLOR]

Not exactly. Step 7 of New Caprica Setup:

Quote:
7. Reset Fleet Marker: Place the fleet marker on the “Start”
space of the Jump Preparation track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm, well, I suppose I'll leave that as unanswered. He didn't say go through all of NC setup. In any other case, you would do that anyway as part of the jump. Might want to follow up on that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Anderson
United States
Smyrna
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
InfoCynic wrote:
Hm, well, I suppose I'll leave that as unanswered. He didn't say go through all of NC setup. In any other case, you would do that anyway as part of the jump. Might want to follow up on that.

Ok, question sent.

Oh, and just so you guys know, the way I am submitting questions is through this form:

http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_faq.asp

As much as I'd like you to think otherwise, I don't have an inside source at FFG or anything. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I just figure they also are aware of these forums, and could just pop in and answer all our questions at once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Originally I intended the FAQ to mostly gather unanswered questions and things that weren't in the rulebook, but I realize that I'm seeing some questions over and over which are in the rulebook, so I added the top 2 questions above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, another weird effect of Legendary Discovery...that card needs its own FAQ section (for the above question, as well as "Do we start the sleeper phase if Legendary Discovery puts us at 4 distance", etc).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Anderson
United States
Smyrna
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got another letter from Corey:

Quote:
Message from:
Dan Anderson

E-mail:
----------@-------.com

Rule Question:
Ok, one more question about what happens if Legendary Discovery triggers the New Caprica phase:

Is the jump track reset?

Quote:
Yes, the jump track would be reset.

-Corey Konieczka
Lead Game Designer
Fantasy Flight Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
InfoCynic wrote:

Q: If the "Code Blue" New Caprica crisis fails, Dee is the current player, she's human, and morale is 3 (before applying the effects of the crisis), is the replacement character placed in Detention or in that character's starting location? ((thread)
A: (my opinion, some others on thread): Apply the effects in the order listed. First lose the morale. At the loss of this morale, Dee is executed, the new character is placed on the board (wherever is appropriate), titles are passed, the new character is still the current player (that hasn't changed) and therefore is moved to detention.

Answer from Corey
Quote:
The results are always resolved in the order in which they are written.

-Corey Konieczka
Lead Game Designer
Fantasy Flight Games

Note this crsis is a pre New Caprica one and refers to the brig, not detention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I fired off a ton of the unanswered questions over to FFG, including the XO the Cylon leader one and the Gas Cloud one, which I think really require an official answer to be satisfied.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.