Air Baron» Forums » General

Subject: Would anyone like an online version of AIR BARON rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
joey prest
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Ok, it does not exist, but what is the intertest level?
If it seemed like people would actually play an online version of Air Baron, I might consider developing it. It is one of my favorite board games and get sick of kicking my brother and nephews butts and would like to kick some other people in this game.

Have a GREAT Day!
Joey

Aero Flamingo Rules the airways!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Nick
Canada
LANGLEY
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
not only would I LOVE it -- I'd help develop it graphically if you wanted. Let me know -- seriously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joey prest
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Max,
I might take you up on that offer. Graphics are my weakness. What I have done so far is taken .tif pictures of all the game board pieces, including the game board. I vectorized the game board image to reduce the amount of colors and cleaned up the edges, but it still doesn't look the best. When you take the already small game board pieces and display them on a 19 inch monitor they look real tiny and are hard to read. I have screenshot of what I have so far, but couldn't attach it to this thread. I'll send you a email message with my email address. If you want send me an email, I'll respond with the .jpg attachment of the screenshot.

Have a GREAT Day!
Joey

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
geekmail sent.

I'm not sure if we need to get permissions to have this online - I know some publishers/developers are against it. I don't think the current Avalon Hill company has any games online (I could be wrong). I met the designer at WBC a few years back and he was a really cool guy and I doubt he'd have any issues. Just a thought before we got too in depth.

Looking forward to seeing the screenshot though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Bissa
United States
St. Clair Shores
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to play this game online. Keep us posted on it's development.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would LOVE this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Trezise
United States
Nashville
TENNESSEE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Woot! thumbsup

I'd love it. Computer AIs? or strictly humans?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boyd
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
I have actually been working on a Windows version. Just testing different ideas on how to display the board and everything...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Joey's been working on a PBEM system. I haven't heard from him in a while, but with the holidays I understand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joey prest
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
David send me a PM, we should talk. I have developed a framework for the game (Windows version) and have graphics provided by Max. There might not be a need to duplicate efforts.

Have a GREAT Day!
Joey
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.