United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Central Texas' biggest board game convention! www.boardgamebash.com
badge
Board Game Bash; Austin, TX; Aug 7-9, 2015; www.boardgamebash.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Take a break from the hipsters and come play some games!

We meet up every Tuesday night starting at 6:00 PM (but feel free to come later if you can't make it that early) and Sunday afternoon starting at 2:00 PM. We play at Rockin' Tomato (3003 S. Lamar, 78704), in the shopping center with Half Price Books. It's just in between Oltorf and 71 on S. Lamar. Feel free to bring games, or play what's already there. Rockin' Tomato has some great food, plenty of parking, lots of tables, and a happy hour until 7:00.

We have a nice, big group of folks coming in each week to play, so you're sure to find something to play and someone to play with. We generally have at least 6 or 7 tables of games each night, and there's usually a pretty good selection of games to play based on what people bring.

Join our mailing list for discussion and non-Tuesday gaming meetups:
sagn@googlegroups.com OR
http://groups.google.com/group/sagn
We use the mailing list to say what we've recently acquired, to make requests for games to try or play, as well as to set up gaming sessions outside of regular gaming nights.

We also have a Meetup page if you'd like to join us there:
http://www.meetup.com/South-Austin-Game-Night

Several of us going up to BGG.con each November, so if you want to coordinate carpools or hotel rooms, then I'm sure you'll find some help.

It's a good time, and we're sponsored by Tribe Comics and Games
http://www.tribecag.com
directly behind Rockin' Tomato, so we get some early demos sometimes.

Feel free to message the group or GM me if you have any questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Maddening
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm, just down the street from the Alamo Drafthouse. I'm in Austin once or twice a year, but never on Tuesdays, sadly. It sounds like a fun event! I'll have to check out Tribe C&G next time I'm there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Grabert
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Join the mailing list! I'm sure we can round up a few folks on a night that you're here. But do be sure to check out Tribe. The owners are nice guys that are into gaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin De Witt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
A strong second to both of those. The South Austin group is a lot of fun with good people, plus they play at Austin's Pizza!

Tribe is a great spot too. The owners are really working hard to grow the store and they have a great selection and are just plain good guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Cyrus
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
If I had known it was harmless, I would have killed it myself.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just joined the mailing list, and I'm looking forward to joining in the fun. I've got a pretty decent collection of games in storage here in Austin, so I hope to be able to contribute.

Justin's absolutely right about Tribe Games, too - they've got a very strong collection of great games, and they get the new stuff faster than anyone I've seen (online or local).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Grabert
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to update this thread to note that starting on May 4th, we're going to be meeting at Rockin' Tomato (3003 S. Lamar, 78704). It's just south of where we currently meet (Austin's Pizza) and is in the shopping center with Half-Price Books, Blockbuster, and where Old Alligator used to be.

The new location affords us more tables, better lighting, more parking, and other stuff that should help make game night all the more fun.

I've updated the first post in the thread to reflect this.

Just to reiterate, April 27th will be our last time meeting at Austin's Pizza. After that, we're meeting at Rockin' Tomato just down the road.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Grabert
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick bump on this thread for folks that don't go past the first page. SAGN is still very active every Tuesday night here in beautiful Austin, Texas.

A couple of upcoming events from some SAGN folks:

Two of our players organize an annual game day to benefit the Capital Area Food Bank called Give To Game, and it's happening all day (10 AM to midnight) on April 9th.
http://givetogame.blogspot.com/

Two more of our players are running the local iteration of the DASH Puzzle Hunt on April 30th. Last week, we did a practice session using last years' puzzles and it was a lot of fun.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/DASH/294386637756

We have a fantastic group of players who are all enthusiastic and welcoming. Plus, occasionally, there's even playtesting of upcoming games, so if you want a sneak peek, then you may find it here. Lots of fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fake Name (sorry!)
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I'm a little confused on the location of the Tuesday night gaming . . . I used to show up regularly in early 2010 at Rockin' Tomato - but according to the Google Group you play at Austin Pizza?

But this says you play *back* at Rockin' Tomato?

*eh*, I can just show up at both of them in one night - they are close enough to each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Trust no one
badge
Scully?! SCULLY!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
murphyc23 wrote:
I'm a little confused on the location of the Tuesday night gaming . . . I used to show up regularly in early 2010 at Rockin' Tomato - but according to the Google Group you play at Austin Pizza?

But this says you play *back* at Rockin' Tomato?

*eh*, I can just show up at both of them in one night - they are close enough to each other.

It has hopped around a bit, but it's currently at the Rockin' Tomato.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Grabert
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gah! The Google Group still says Austin's Pizza?!? I thought I updated that ages ago.

We are definitely at Rockin' Tomato on S. Lamar, right by Half Price Books. We've been there for almost a year and a half now. (Before that we were at Austin's Pizza, but we haven't bounced around. It's been solid at the Tomato since we moved.)

Hope you can make it out. We get a fun group! (And I just updated the Google Group. I can't believe I missed that in the description! Thanks for pointing it out.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Grabert
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to update this (and the first post) to note that starting this Sunday (the 8th), we'll also be adding Sunday to our weekly gaming sessions.

So gaming will be available on Tuesdays from 6 to 11 PM and Sundays from 2 to 10 PM at Rockin' Tomato. Feel free to come to one or both of those days.

We also added a Meetup (http://www.meetup.com/South-Austin-Game-Night) if you'd like to keep up with us that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digren K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was fun today. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Grabert
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for coming out! It went pretty well. A lot of new faces, which is nice to see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Blumentritt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just joined...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digren K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sunday, February 5, SAGN at Rockin' Tomato Pizza will host the physical trade for the Austin No-Ship Math Trade. If you have games and want different games, join in on the trade!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digren K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be at the SAGN event today. I *think* there's wifi available at Rockin' Tomato. If you are interested in participating in the Austin No-Ship math trade but aren't up on math trades, bring your items to the event and I'll help get you set up and added.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.