Subject: Opinions wanted on CCG Armory. Are they reliable? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: are_we_still_talking_about_this? [+] [View All]
CCG Armory
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Ken

I found your order and there was an issue with your payment. Please contact me and I'm sure we can get it resolved.

Alex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxfield Stewart
United States
Pacifica
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've probably spent over $2000 with CCG Armory in the past 2 years. By and large every thing I bought arrived as described and in a fairly timely manner. I have at times noticed a tendency to confirm an order and then not ship it for several days. They also have issue with their auto-notification system.

For example, I have a current outstanding order with them. I have a shipping manifest for 7 items i bought. UPS Tracking number etc. Their websites order status however says "not all items shipped". However I have no notification of what, if anything, didn't ship. I bought 7 items, I have 7 items listed in the UPS Manifest but their site says I didn't get everything.

Eons ago I pre-ordered the next WoW Mini deluxe packs from them (said deluxe starters were never made by the manufacturer). They promptly told me it was a pre-order and got my confirmation. I confirmed. Zero news since on the status. I know the mini's were never made, i don't blame CCG Armory for that, but the lack of communication on pre-orders that just never happen.. kinda annoying.

My one real issue was a recent order of Legend of Five rings cards. I ordered the celestial anniversary edition. They shipped the standard anniversary edition boosters only (I had bought a box of boosters and a box of starters). Their shipping label said the starters were in the box, but they were not. Upon initial query I was told that the starters were shipped. I promptly responded saying they were not. The second response said that they didn't ship the celestial edition, they shipped the regular because they were out of celestial editions. I responded indicating that's fine for the boosters but I don't have the starters, and basically pointed out all the money I'd spent with them and that I'd have to take my business elsewhere from now on. That got a quick response, apologizing, and refunding me the money for the starters. I summarily went and bought the right set of starters and boosters from somewhere else.

While the last incident annoyed me, i consider it an anomaly. I spend enough money on CCG and board game product, especially with them, that the odd bad thing(tm) is bound to happen. And they did fix it in the end though the failure to tell me they deliberately changed the order due to being out of stock on an item made it feel like they were trying to pull one over on me (there are key, but minor, differences between "Celestial" anniversary and regular anniversary sets for L5R). As proof my recent order with them is for about $200 in board games which UPS says arrives tomorrow but I'm not sure I believe it as the boxes are in Maryland right now and have to get to my doorstep in CO by tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CCG Armory
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Thanks for sharing your experience with others.

On your question about the world of warcraft packs - sadly upper deck lost the license to produce the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxfield Stewart
United States
Pacifica
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ccgarmory wrote:
Thanks for sharing your experience with others.

On your question about the world of warcraft packs - sadly upper deck lost the license to produce the game.

Absolutely, like I said I don't really blame you guys for that. What impresses me is the e-mail you just sent me regarding your post. I appreciate it and the attention you gave here, especially as I wasn't trying to make CCG Armory look bad. Rather that I've done lots of business with you guys and yes, there's been one or two annoyances but nothing that another retailer wouldn't be capable of doing.

Thank you for the time to write me and thank you for the attention. You've further made me a loyal customer knowing that if I do have an issue I can rely on you to look into it and handle it fairly.

I should also note that when I shop I routinely do price checks on my carts, who's giving me the best prices, who has what I want in stock and who's got the best shipping deals. I buy from CCG Armory because, frankly, they usually come out slightly cheaper on price and great prices on shipping. Thanks

-Max
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stine
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Friends here in Italy suggested this game store to me.

However, so far my experience has been negative:

_ a few days after the order it finally showed as "will ship in 24 hours"

_ however, it didn't happen for several days, so I emailed them

_ they replied almost immediately saying it had shipped

_ I asked then for correct USPS tracking number, because the original one indicated only said "shipping info received", but they never replied

_ a few days later I got a refund of 12.50$ without explanation, and I assume it was for a game that costed indeed 12.50$ which disappeared from the order status page... but why no explanation? why no partial s/h refund for it? why that game still shows as "in stock" on their site?

- meanwhile I had emailed again asking for correct USPS tracking number and no reply

_ finally the order shipped 10 days after the order (note that they advertise they ship internationally daily..) with the original tracking number, meaning they lied the week before when they said it had shipped, and they finally deigned to reply just to re-state the tracking number

Now I am waiting for the package to arrive, maybe they put some free gifts inside to make up for it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CCG Armory
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Please contact me by message and I can look into this for you

Alex
CCGArmory.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxfield Stewart
United States
Pacifica
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I'd post back here for those looking into CCG Armory. I received the order of board games I mentioned above. CCG Armories auto mailer says all 7 items shipped however one was not in the box. This is (if you read above) the second time this has happened to me with them. I've sent off an e-mail to see if they will resolve it (and I have every faith they will) but it's definitely frustrating when buying large orders to wonder if they will properly track and ship everything you ordered. For those wondering the copy of Claustrophobia I ordered was not in the the rather large, but full box of things I ordered.

Their shipping system initially said not all items shipped but did not indicate which item didn't ship. Now when I go back to review my order it says all items have shipped. Sigh. Frustrating to say the least. I'll keep folks posted as to what happens (as you can see they normally are very responsive and quick to fix issues if they can). last time this happened to me the item was out of stock and they just failed to notify me, e-mails back and forth had to work out a chargeback to the card (as they didn't have the item but still took my money).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxfield Stewart
United States
Pacifica
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vestas wrote:
I thought I'd post back here for those looking into CCG Armory. I received the order of board games I mentioned above. CCG Armories auto mailer says all 7 items shipped however one was not in the box. This is (if you read above) the second time this has happened to me with them. I've sent off an e-mail to see if they will resolve it (and I have every faith they will) but it's definitely frustrating when buying large orders to wonder if they will properly track and ship everything you ordered. For those wondering the copy of Claustrophobia I ordered was not in the the rather large, but full box of things I ordered.

Their shipping system initially said not all items shipped but did not indicate which item didn't ship. Now when I go back to review my order it says all items have shipped. Sigh. Frustrating to say the least. I'll keep folks posted as to what happens (as you can see they normally are very responsive and quick to fix issues if they can). last time this happened to me the item was out of stock and they just failed to notify me, e-mails back and forth had to work out a chargeback to the card (as they didn't have the item but still took my money).

Apparently I'm overly concerned, this thread had me watching my order with paranoia. The claustrophobia game got shipped separately and will be here tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Smith
msg tools
OK - my issue with CCG has been resolved. Alex contacted me directly after posting here and he genuinely seemed to care about making sure my order was taken care of. So in that regard - thank you Alex.

All in all - I can't say that my experience with CCG was entirely positive - BUT, I do believe that Alex means well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Chance
msg tools
Just wanted to chime in with my experience with CCG.

I placed an order (three items); two turned out to be on backorder. They shipped the first piece out on a Priority Mail upgrade (no extra cost), but I ran into a bit of a snag getting a handle on when the other two pieces would be available. Contact in giving me shipping estimates/updates was good for about a week, then complete radio silence. I couldn't get a hold of anyone via e-mail or phone. I happened to stumble across this forum and saw Alex's offer to help facilitate things and dropped a line. He kept me informed on what the holdup was (manufacturer's issue; out of the company's control). When the other two items did arrive, I received an e-mail notice from CCG and the items were again expedited at no additional cost.

All in all, things were good. It was surely weird (and frustrating) not being able to reach anyone at the company for weeks on end after initial contact, but it all played out upon availability and Alex was always quick with a response. I'll more than likely be shopping with them again; prices were just too good.

Thanks again, Alex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Aarons
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
I placed an order Friday evening, and sent an e-mail shortly after the order checking to be sure the item I ordered was actually in stock. The next day, I hadn't received a reply, but it was the weekend, so I wasn't worried about it. However, when I checked the order status page, the Order Status was still blank, and below the site banner it said "We need some information from you. Please check your e-mail".

Well, I checked thoroughly, including my spam folders, and there was no message from them to be found. So I sent another e-mail inquiring what that was all about. Yesterday morning (Monday), I checked the order status page again. Order Status still blank, still telling me to check my e-mail. The live customer support link claimed to be online, so I fired it up and sent a message with my questions, but no one was available, so I left my details and e-mail address with the request that they please contact me when they received the message. Early this morning, much the same process again. Still no response, and still no Order Status.

Perhaps I'm being unfairly impatient and this is just being thrown into sharp contrast by the fact that A: I've been reading this thread and it's inducing paranoia, and B: I've recently purchased from another online hobby store with comparable prices and had my order ship VERY quickly and without event (This order was also over a weekend, but they shipped and notified me early Monday morning), and my questions were answered almost immediately even on non-business days. However, they only carried the softcover edition of the book I wanted, and CCG Armory's price for the hardcover was easily the best available.

Pricing aside, though, I am not thus far satisfied with my dealings with CCG Armory. I would be willing to accept less promptness if they were a little more responsive and informative. I've paid for this order and I have no idea at all what's going on with it, not even an "Order Pending" message.

UPDATE: Well, Alex contacted me, and it turns out that the product I ordered is not actually in stock, though at the time of my order it was listed as being in stock. I'm a bit shocked that CCG Armory never contacted me through their own official channels. I requested that Alex cancel my order.

I think Alex genuinely means well, but I'm afraid my overall experience outside of his help was just too poor, and I probably won't be doing business with CCG Armory again (or, technically, for the first time, given that payment was actually never withdrawn from my account).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B W
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
I recently placed an order (albeit this monday 8/23/2010) and chatted with Linda. She explained that my order (ccgarmory-77670) would ship on tuesday. I got an email with a yahoo link and it showed a status of "Shipped", today when I checked the status had not changed so I contacted UPS directly and they had not received the package. I tried contacting ccgarmory.com via their phone but it was of no use, they dont answer the phone whether you want to place an order or check the status of an existing one.

So after reading some of the negative reviews on BBB as well as resellerratings.com I decided to give them one more chance. I manage to catch linda again on live chat but she quickly disconnected as soon as I provided my order information. I immediately got an email update with the same yahoo link and now the ship status shows "Some items did not ship..." thats it! So I emailed service@ccgarmory.com asking what didnt ship (the whole package or partial), I assume it was the entire order.

I have placed a dispute with my credit card (paypal) in hopes to get their attention, hopefully I will see a valid tracking number in the next 24hrs indicating that the entire order has shipped. If not all the requested items are not received within 5 business days OR if I do not get any updates in 24hrs I will have no choice but to file a complaint with the BBB as well as several other forums/boards. I realize this may come off as a threat, but I dont have time to waste when it comes to money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B W
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Vestas wrote:
Vestas wrote:

Apparently I'm overly concerned, this thread had me watching my order with paranoia. The claustrophobia game got shipped separately and will be here tomorrow.

Did you actually receive your order?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B W
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Rarenomad wrote:
I recently placed an order (albeit this monday 8/23/2010) and chatted with Linda. She explained that my order (ccgarmory-77670) would ship on tuesday. I got an email with a yahoo link and it showed a status of "Shipped", today when I checked the status had not changed so I contacted UPS directly and they had not received the package. I tried contacting ccgarmory.com via their phone but it was of no use, they dont answer the phone whether you want to place an order or check the status of an existing one.

So after reading some of the negative reviews on BBB as well as resellerratings.com I decided to give them one more chance. I manage to catch linda again on live chat but she quickly disconnected as soon as I provided my order information. I immediately got an email update with the same yahoo link and now the ship status shows "Some items did not ship..." thats it! So I emailed service@ccgarmory.com asking what didnt ship (the whole package or partial), I assume it was the entire order.

I have placed a dispute with my credit card (paypal) in hopes to get their attention, hopefully I will see a valid tracking number in the next 24hrs indicating that the entire order has shipped. If not all the requested items are not received within 5 business days OR if I do not get any updates in 24hrs I will have no choice but to file a complaint with the BBB as well as several other forums/boards. I realize this may come off as a threat, but I dont have time to waste when it comes to money.

UPDATE: I have received my orders, albiet a lot longer than what what my expectations were. I give them props for getting back to me a few days from the day I ordered. The only main concern that I have is I believe their shipping practice is kludgy at best...When I place an order via UPS service I expect it to ship via UPS and NOT USPS. I also dont expect to be given a UPS tracking number that does not actually track the package I ordered. The tracking information I was provided via email had nothing to do with my order, it seems to be manually entered in order to provide some "kind" of status.

I'm not upset with their service, but I do have a couple reservations from ordering with them moving forward. I MAY try them again, but we'll see. (I consider myself lucky, which, I shouldnt have to feel that way...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Stinsman
United States
California
flag msg tools
I'm glad I found this forum.

I also ordered from CCG Armory and am having problems.

Put my order in last week and have not heard a word from them since. I've called and left a message as well as sent an e-mail inquiry.

No response at all.

I just want to know if and when I'm going to get my stuff. I don't want to play cat and mouse. There are too many other places to find stuff on the web these days where people want your business.

If someone from CCG reads this and wants to get back to me, my order number is 78144. I'd like to actually get my order, but if this is going to turn into some kind of silly, unnecessary nightmare, I'd rather just cancel my order and get it somewhere else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CCG Armory
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
John

I have your order information and will email you directly

Alex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob McMurray
United States
LaGrange
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well Alex if you're monitoring this thread please pay some attention to my order #: 78261

I was given a tracking # from UPS that doesn't seem to have any information in it over the last week other than "Billing info received". I've tracked many a package with tracking #s and I've never seen one that didn't move off this status in like one day.

First is the first time I've used your firm and I too am beginning to get concerned over this order; which I placed last week. If you could provide me with an accurate and current status of my order (including if all items will be shipping together) I would feel much better about this.

Thank you Alex.

*** UPDATE ***

I received my order, complete, three days after I posted this message. Thanks to CCG for getting it to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Gray
United States
Brookfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have ordered from CCG Armory on two occasions. The first time I ordered plastic card boxes, one came broke, and they sent a replacement. The second time I ordered a RPG book, and it arrived promptly. I am satisfied with the level of service I received.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Fabian
United States
Greensburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I Guess I will add to the carnage.

On Sept 14th I placed an order for a Battlefoam PACK 720, a few foam trays, and some dice. I had ordered from them 2 or 3 times before and never had an issue. Well a few days went by and the status for my order remained at processing. I used the online chat to check on my status and was told that my items would ship soon. When I asked what the hold up was, I was not given a reason. After a day or so I was on there website reading there policies about shipping. The line that caught my eye was a little tid bit about how they dont bill you until they ship. Well I used my credit card via paypal and was billed immediately for around $150.00. I sent them an email asking why I was charged prior to shipping and the said it was how paypal works. They do not state anywhere on their site that using paypal will charge you immediately regardless of shipping time... ok.. a learning experience, I am over it.
What ruffled my feathers was the fact that along with the email was a statement that my items would ship that day. A week ago today and the status for my order states it is being packaged. So tell me how it takes a week to package a box? My guess is that they are selling items that they do not have in stock, ordering them, and then shipping once they recieve the items.

I cannot confirm this, but when I asked them about there shady operation, they neither proved or denied it.

This will be the last time I order from them and strongly urge others to do the same regardless of prices.

"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Wright
United States
des plaines
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
I ordered from them recently.

5 days to say my order shipped for items that were listed "in stock"

Tracking number doesn't work immediately, but that isn't abnormal. Give it several days with still no tracking working. Email them and they ignore me. Figure out that they gave me a tracking number for USPS, not Fedex like the page says, and their link goes to.

14 days in the tracking number finally shows an update. That's 9 days after they gave me the number. For reference if you pay for a shipping label, but don't ship it immediately this is what happens. The number shows up on the USPS site with no info other than "notified for pickup"

17 days in my package shows its out for delivery.

I don't mind a long delivery time that much. I dislike feeling like I'm being lied to. "In stock"? Yah right. They ordered it and reshipped it. Ignoring emails isn't good either. The games that were being played with the tracking number piss me off. It its out of stock let me know, and let me know how long its going to take.

CCG armory is cheap, but their deceptive tactics leave a bad taste in my mouth. I don't think I'll be ordering there again. I'd much rather see a notification that says "We drop ship from our suppliers. Expect 14-21 day shipping times."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ren pablo
msg tools
alex, or anybody from ccg, any update regarding order #:
ccgarmory - 78866

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ren pablo
msg tools
this is the first time also that ive ordered from them, been using other online sites, their prices are just tempting.

but anyway, ive placed an order (about $200) sept 24, but havent had any reply or change in the status.

i may be impatient, i think i have the right to be so since my card has been charged already and i dunno what's happening to my order.

so please alex, contact me if possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxfield Stewart
United States
Pacifica
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Placed another order with them recently for City of Thieves and Tabago. Sadly their packing policies have been bad lately. The past three orders with them, the games I order are just thrown in a box with zero protection, sometimes the box is a bit loose sometimes it's a ridiculously tight squeeze. My city of thieves box was damaged, a large hole in the bottom of the box where it was obvious that UPS had been less than kind to the package and pushed it up against something else. The shipping box was bent, but the game box torn open.

Compared to the very careful bubble wrapping shipping of Miniature Market, whom has better prices and a better shipping deal, i cannot recommend CCG Armory anymore. I'm sure they'd fix this problem by replacing the copy. But it's a serious hassle to look forward to a game arriving, only to have to stare at a broken box and then deal with an exchange that will take weeks.

I wish CCG Armory well, and seriously hope they look into their packing policies and correct them. if they do, I can recommend them again. As for me, i won't be ordering from them anymore, even if they have something in stock that others do not (as was the case with City of Thieves for this order).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Schinelli
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
I placed an order 6 days ago for over 200 dollar and no status available at all... tried emailing and nothing... is alex still around here??? after all these replies im worried i made a mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Allen
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I placed my third - and final - order with them in October.

Their prices are good. However it's apparent that their inventory levels reported on their website are a lie. They don't have things in stock, and must order pretty much everything from their distributor to send you. They will not admit to this; despite all of the evidence you throw at them.

Their shipping speed is very slow as well. Apparently to make you think it's the fault of the post office they will print out the postage several days ahead of time. Given that I'm in Maryland, it's pretty hard for me to ever believe a 7-day Priority Mail delivery.

After my order didn't arrive promptly, I emailed and used the "Chat Now" button on their website daily. My emails were never returned, but I did occasionally catch someone on the chat. And when confronted that an item hasn't been shipped yet, they will apologize and offer to ship a new package- which is clearly ridiculous. No company could lose packages two of the three times I ordered from them and remain in business, particularly as the low margins CCGArmory has to be making with their prices.

In any case, I've decided that the prices aren't worth the headache with CCG Armory and will not be using them a 4th time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.