United States
Mount Clare
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Take this.
badge
It's dangerous to go alone!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I had a weird experience with them recently.
I ordered some games from them, one of which was apparently out of stock. They asked if I would prefer to switch it out for something else. I asked them to replace it with Thunderstone: Doomgate Legion, and then let me know how to pay the difference. This was on 12/28/10. I never received a reply from them. I e-mailed them a few more times, checked online for an operator to chat with online, and called their number, but could never get in contact with anyone. So, I opened a dispute in PayPal today, hoping I would get a response from them that way. Within an hour, they refund the whole order, still without contacting me (I found out through PayPal letting me know the dispute was closed). What the heck? Really disappointed with the whole series of events, and will not order from them again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
About a year ago I ordered an action figure for my wife. It took way longer to ship, and it turned out was a pre-sale. While they were prompt and helpful when I asked questions, I thought it was a bit weird that they'd even allow me to buy something without letting me know it would take longer than I desired. It was for a b-day present and didn't come till after. I would consider ordering from them again, but I'd certainly check to make sure I didn't make the same mistake twice on an item that COULD be a presale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John G
Australia
Newcastle
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I placed a large international order 3 or 4 days ago but haven't had any responses to emails, the chat box on their site, or PMs to Alex on BGG.

I've now been charged $444 and have no idea when/whether the order will ship, and what is in stock and will be included. The whole point of a large international order was to spread the shipping cost over a bunch of items - so I really want to confirm that everything will be included before they ship anything.

Has anyone else ordered from them recently with success? Within US or international?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John G
Australia
Newcastle
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally got onto them via chat box on their website, they have determined that my order is too high risk for shipping internationally (with cost of lost/damaged packages etc).

Refunded me on the spot, but I have no idea why this wasn't done already, and why they coudln't/didn't respond to my emails.

Wouldn't try dealing with them again, particularly for an international order. Low prices seem to cmoe at a cost.

radaxian wrote:
I placed a large international order 3 or 4 days ago but haven't had any responses to emails, the chat box on their site, or PMs to Alex on BGG.

I've now been charged $444 and have no idea when/whether the order will ship, and what is in stock and will be included. The whole point of a large international order was to spread the shipping cost over a bunch of items - so I really want to confirm that everything will be included before they ship anything.

Has anyone else ordered from them recently with success? Within US or international?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Vives
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also did not have a good experience with them: I ordered a film collectible (by Sideshow) that was listed as "In Stock - Ready To Ship" and "Usually ships the next business day." The price was good and free shipping was available.

I contacted them after it did not ship for about a week, and was told there was a delay due to snow; I have no problem with that. However, shortly after that the order status was updated to indicate that it was a pre-order item and would ship "when available," which means the item page was incorrect. I then decided to cancel the order, which was done fairly quickly. By this point, the item was sold out at Sideshow.

Even now the item page still indicates that the item is "In Stock," which is just untrue. At least for this type of limited-edition item, I would avoid CCG Armory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickey Roberson
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I wish I had seen this thread before I placed my first ever order with CCG Armory earlier this week. As the days go by with no communication I have a sinking feeling that I will not be seeing my Warmachine order any time soon, if ever. Emailed them this morning to see what the hold up was, but have heard nothing back.

So far they have not made a repeat customer out of me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickey Roberson
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Just got an email saying all my items had shipped. Followed 33 seconds later by an email saying all items shipped except 4, which are delayed 2-3 days. This is despite the fact that their website claimed (and still claims!)that three of these items are in stock and ship the next day.

Anyone ordering should definitely not trust the products being "in stock" or shipping estimates on the site.

I'm fine with things not being in stock, there are Privateer Press shortages all over the place, but at least be up front about it.

I think I'll try FRP Games or The War Store next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Reed
msg tools
I wish I came across this thread (and a few others like it on other forums) before I ordered from CCG armory a little over a month ago. I ordered a little over $100 worth of merchandise from them, all of it listed as in-stock and ready to ship. After waiting a little over a week for my items, I decided to track it in their system. None of it had shipped. It took me another week and several emails to get a response from customer service. When they finally shipped my order out two weeks after I placed it, it arrived missing merchandise my card was charged for.

After another week of emailing customer service with no response, I threaten to report the transaction as fraudulent which got their attention really quick. They find they no longer have the items I was charged for in stock but would ship me replacements of the same value. Okay. I find replacements for my missing purchases, all listed as in-stock, and place the order. Three days later they contact me to let me know I'll need to pick out replacements for some of the replacements. Keep in mind this is shortly after they were closed down for a week to take inventory. Take inventory of what, their bong resin?

So now it's been a few days since I emailed them the second list of replacements. I checked this morning and they haven't shipped them yet. I'm giving them until Friday before I file a fraud report with my card issuer.

Some friendly advise from a fellow consumer. If you scour the internet for a rarity and can only find it in-stock at CCG armory, chances are they don't actually have it, or haven't had it in-stock since they last performed a proper inventory. Message these guys before you order. The extremely slow response times from customer service may act as deterrant enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Reed
msg tools
An anonymous customer service representative finally emailed me back yesterday regarding the status of my order. The terse message entirely consisted of "Your order shipped yesterday. You should be receiving shipping confirmation shortly."

This morning I received the confirmation email, but the items listed as shipped on the packing slip are the same ones they had me pick out replacements for a week ago. Out of morbid curiosity I tried out the tracking number they provided. It isn't an active one. I suppose there is a small chance that the package is on its way and its contents somehow magically consist of the items CCG Armory couldn't find last week. At this point I doubt it though. I suspect they probably just sent me a phony shipping notice to keep me from emailing them everyday like I have been.

Because I have the patience of Gandhi, I'll wait the 3-5 delivery window for USPS priority and see if anything shows up before I dispute my transaction with them as fraudulent. Last week I would have settled for a refund for the items I was shorted. Now I'm disgusted enough to declare war.

I'll post another update in a week. If anyone else has anything to contribute to this thread please do. People should be aware of CCG armory's bad practices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian C
msg tools
I'm the latest victim of the Phantom Order.

Ordered three weeks ago, checking in says it is still "pending" and has not been packed.

Emailed customer service twice with no response.

Tracked down some numbers for them, even resorted to calling their "GW Orders Only" number, with no answer.

Never seen a rep online for service chat.

PM'd them here tonight, maybe I'll get an answer by doomsday?

Like most everyone else has said, the prices are pretty good but not enough to justify this kind of crap. For maybe 5% more you can go somewhere else and get it at your door in 3 days with no hassle. I don't expect more than a "My bad" from customer service and you can be sure I'll never shop with them again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Slater
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my USPS tracking number on the 12th, it's now the 23rd and instead of a package I get this:

---------------
We are sorry to tell you that US post office lost the package. We are sending the replacement today. However, ASL starter kit #1 is now temporary out of stock. It will be in stock in a few weeks. This item will be shipped later when it is back in stock. Please let us know if you have any question.
---------------

I had just sent an email canceling the order (suspecting it had never actually shipped) prior to reading the above message. 'Temporary out of stock'? My only question is whether my order is in fact 'permanent canceled'.

Lost the package? Wonder if they have any bridges for sale on their site. Simply ridiculous.

By way of contrast, the CoolStuffInc order I placed Sunday came TODAY. Now they are in my state to be fair, but still...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Franklin
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I wonder if there is any way to claim postal fraud against CCG Armory? It seems like they pull this bait and switch routine fairly frequent. There's probably not enough grounds for an actual legal case, but it might teach them a lesson if someone actually took a stance against their shoddy business practices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Slater
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, being suddenly filled with the BGG community spirit I decided to give them another chance to actually ship me something. They have posted in this thread within the last year at least. Got an email from a Brian @ CantonGames that they will have 'mote' ASLSK1 in Friday. (These guys must be really busy considering the lack of spelling, grammar, or even structure in their business communications.)

I said that if the complete order could ship by Monday, then OK. And made a gentle suggestion (really! it was!) that they ship it with UPS tracking as a courtesy. Technically it would be a $2-3 'upgrade' from the seemingly loss-prone USPS, but that ball is now in their court and they can build or burn a bridge as they see fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cathleen Feduke
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Acroyear wrote:

By way of contrast, the CoolStuffInc order I placed Sunday came TODAY. Now they are in my state to be fair, but still...

Does anyone know what state CCG Armory is actually in? One of the addresses you find online in Haymarket, VA, the same address they claimed with a vendor of mine, does not exist. The address on their domain registration lists Carson City, VA with a Nevada zip code. And on another forum they claimed they were actually in Maryland.

I have a business. I want people to know where I am. I don't understand or trust businesses who list fake addresses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Altmann
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my incomplete shipment from

CCG Armory
705 S Port St
Baltimore, MD 21224-3650
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Slater
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well no wonder I never heard back from my last message. Half my order arrived today, from the same address as Aubigny reported. Have to mention it was the King in Yellow expansion and came in an envelope style mailer that had ripped open along one box end...and was surprisingly 99% undamaged. Kudos to Fantasy Flight and their boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bilbo Baggins
msg tools
NO ! They are not the least bit reliable.
They listed an item as in stock that wasnt. After I attempted to purchase it , they sent an email stating it was out of stock and if I would purchase a different item instead.

I checked their website and 2 days later they are still listing the item as in stock.
Just so readers understand what I'm saying - CCG Armory were emailing me stating the item wasnt in stock while at the same time they were listing it on their website as in stock , they never listed it as out of stock.

I will never do business with CCG armory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Meeks
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just in case anyone is interested here is their phone number:
(484) 545-2825

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Lederer
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just went through a story of woe with CCG, documented in this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Randorff
msg tools
DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS WEBSITE.

I was unfortunately sucked in by their admittedly excellent prices and seemingly limitless selection and placed two orders with them (totaling about 300$). Due to my extensive experience with eBay, I know how the USPS works and I know what the tracking shows when someone prints an online label and does not actually ship the item.

I was excited when I saw my order marked as "shipped" the day after I ordered, and promptly checked the tracking number. It was exactly as so many other users have described here, they had marked it as shipped even though it had yet to be picked up by the actual carrier. After emailing service (after giving it a few days just in case), someone named Jeremy replied to me and assured me that it had shipped out on Saturday. Now, here it is Tuesday and the package has still yet to be picked up by the carrier, so either they supplied me with a fake tracking number and shipped it through some other method, or they are extremely lazy and have yet to actually "ship" it.

I am filing a complaint with the BBB about this company as well as posting on ResellerRatings.com and a few other websites to try and spread the word. When I order something from an online retailer that is listed as "in stock" I expect it to be shipped within 3 business days at the latest, and if it isn't, I expect some sort of explanation. What I will not stand for is being lied to and treated as though I am too stupid to understand what is really going on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Randorff
msg tools
Just to add a little more fuel to this fire, almost immediately after emailing them asking to cancel my second order, which has been listed as "Processing" for two days now, the status changed to, "This order is being packed for shipment. Once it ships, you will get a shipping notice."

I (luckily) took screen shots with timestamps showing that this change occurred almost immediately following my email to them wishing to cancel the second order. I should also add that in the second order they removed 2 of the items from the order but have yet to refund me the cost of said 2 items.

I will say it again, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY, I wish I had found this thread before I ordered from them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Gillette
United States
New Richmond
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just completed my first order with them, and let me say that this will also be my last. I went to buy from them because they had The Hundred Years War expansion for Battlelore in stock. To make a long story short, they shipped my order a week late, omitted three out of stock items without properly informing me (including the Battlelore expansion), and then were extremely unresponsive to my emails. They claimed that they did have the expansion in stock, but that the packer couldn't find it, so they shipped it out without it. They did offer to send that out to me, but after I told them to go ahead and do that I have had no response from them, and its been a few weeks.

Sufficed to say I am unhappy with them and will never go back to them again unless they do some serious ass kissing really soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Adam
United States
New Iberia
Louisiana
flag msg tools
I've ordered a number of times from CCG Armory in 2010 and 2011. I always choose the cheapest (usually slowest) shipping option because I don't care how long it takes to get here, so long as it does get here. I have never had any major issues with them. They have a great selection, great prices, and great service.
There was literally 1 book out of 100 or so I've ordered from them (in total, not a single order) that had a very small tear on the back cover which was so inconsequential that it wasn't worth the hassle of contacting customer service to return the book and getting a new one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mahrdol Fain
msg tools
They have burned me a couple times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Marrero Gomez
Spain
Santa Cruz de Tenerife
flag msg tools
Hi, I see that if I want to be answered by CCGARMORY I have to use this forum. I've been fighting for a month to have an order refunded. I've sent dozens of e-mails and only a few a vague answers as if they don't want to refund the money and always going round and round. I'm tierd, very tired of you, people from CCGARMORY, and I want my money back. The worst thing I've made in my life is buying to you, so SHOW ME THE F...MONEY!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.