Popular Tags: Dice [+] ORDERS [+] [View All]
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To All,

In advance, I apologize for posting this news in two places, but this is an outstading deal,e specially to those who may have been on the fence about buying some more Custom Dice...

Our order has surpassed multiple pricing thresholds; thus the following price list is in effect:

All dice are etched on 1, 2, or 3 sides; all other sides remain blank
Scarab-Scarlet w/silver Elder Sign etching; 1-side: $.50
Scarab-Jade w/silver Elder Sign etching; 2-sides: $1.00
Scarab-Royal Blue w/silver Elder Sign etching; 3-sides: $1.50

With this news I'm strating a new thread, because I want to cast a net as wide as possible in the next 24 hours. Anyone interested in seeing photos of the dice (which look outstanding!), please pass along your e-mail address.

The Professor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
We will move from victims to survivors and conquer as we go.
mbmbmbmbmb
Why don't you upload the pictures to your personal gallery and post them here?
Go to MyGeek -> Gallery -> Upload Image
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sven,

Brilliant ~ not completely signed-off on all of the capabilities of the My Geek.

Suffice it to say, they're uploaded!

The Professor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb

And that's what they look like... Very nice! But Joe, one thing I thought you had said was that you were going to have the numbers (4-6) on the etched sides. That would help with one or two of the special things where numbers need to be known.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Stewart
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Grudunza wrote:
But Joe, one thing I thought you had said was that you were going to have the numbers (4-6) on the etched sides. That would help with one or two of the special things where numbers need to be known.

Putting the numbers on the already etched sides would not change the price, yes? Not lobbying for that change, just wondering.

They look good as they are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Bezzant
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
"Everyone wants to be unique, but no one wants to be different."
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of quick questions.

1. When are you placing the order?
2. When do you need the $$?
3. What are the shipping costs?

I only ask because I need to poll my group to see if they want some. I am interested, but of course I am broke right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi the professor !

Would you ship an order to Europe ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a dice junkie...what are these dice used for?

Peace
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Chunko
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
I haven't had time to read all 7 pages of the original thread. But I get the impression that the different color dice are going to be etched differently. Is that so? If so can someone explain the difference more clearly, or point me to a post that does?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric,

Great catch! I know that I had discussed that with Joe on the phone, and I followed-up with an e-mail just now.

Cheers,
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darren,

This week, I hope to finalize the order. I erceived a bit of a surprise when our order had hit a threshold which allowed us to buy many more dice for the same price.

The Professor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff,

If you get a chance, skim through the original post, which appears on page three of the forum (same Subject name). In essence, the dice, used for the game Arkham Horror, reflect the various aspects of the Investigator's "situation" ~ Normal, Blessed, or Cursed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Are these related to the Fantasy Flight Games/Q Workshop dice? Or are these a different product? I'm assuming they are a different product.

Here's the only Arkham Dice I know about.
http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/15850.html

I don't play the game, but I was shopping for a friend who does.

Lee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These look really great so far.

Dumb question, as I can't really afford these in the short term. Will these dice be available for ordering from Chessex in the future, or is this a one-time opportunity?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lee,

About a month ago, a gentleman by the name of Joe Casadonte offered the idea to create Custom Dice to the BBG community. Many individuals, at the time, voted for custom dice which had replaced either the '1' or the '6' with an Elder Sign.

About a week ago, I had made a call to Chessex, inquiring about multiple versions of custom dice for the game (Normal, Blessed, and Cursed). I'll let your friend describe the differences between the dice and the game, but the bottom line: there turned out to be a number of people interested in this variety if we could get the price-point to something reasonable. I has...and thus, we have over 200+ dice on the order.

So, this is not a "product" you can buy anywhere, unlike the FFG dice, which shall be a commercially-available item. Only those individuals who order through Chessex will have this type of die...at this price.

That's it. So, please let your friend know that I'll need to wrap-up the order by Wednesday. At that time, I'll consolidate the order, send out a final notice via BBG with the names of those who have placed an order and the due amount. Finally, I'll include my PayPal info for the transaction.

Cheers,
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jefferson,

Perfectly reasonable question. It's a function of quantity. If you were to order 10-25 dice for you and your mates, it will cost you $1/side etched. Thus, a set of 8 dice of each variety (Cursed, Blessed, and Normal) will cost:

Normal: $2/die or $16
Cursed: $1/die or $8
Blessed: $3/die or $24
Total: $48

At the risk of sounding like a bad late-night infomercial... the cost for these dice have plummeted (check out the pricing scheme at Chessex.com) due to the overall number of dice ordered. So, that set of 24 dice for you and your mates cost, as follows:

Normal: $1/die or $8
Cursed: $.50/die or $4
Blessed: $1.50/die or $12
Total: $24

That's it ~ simple economies of scale...

Cheers,
Joe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brent,

Hmmmmm, you're on the site for Arkham Horror...so, . . .

Okay, in the game Arkham Horror, successes are determined by a number of die rolls. These dice shall simply replace the normal 6-sided (w/pips) used in most conventional board games. Everything about the game is steeped in theme...so, why not the dice.

Cheers,
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Damien,

As I'm "on the hook" for the overall transaction, I'm keeping this free of incident (no checks or Money Orders, only PayPal; standard cost for S/H [not trying to weigh each little bag of dice and figure out the cost based on Zip Code; etc). So, as someone who lived overseas for quite a few years (and in the military it was often broken-up into months), I'm trying to avoid the overseas mailing. Sorry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Stewart
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who like it simple...

A set of three dice (1 cursed, 1 normal, 1 blessed) is $3. So, if you want equal numbers (and why not? your +8 weapon is still +8, cursed or not) just multiply the number of sets (one of each type) by 3 to get the cost.

This means that an order of 10 sets (10 each blessed, normal and cursed) is $30. Taken on that basis, $1 a die (averaged) is not bad at all. In fact, if the FFG dice are the usual set of 5 for about 4.95, the price is the same.

Don't confuse this with actual per die cost. This is just some number crunching.

And if you are still thinking about it, if we hit 500 total dice or more, the price will drop a bit further!

And you thought The Professor was sounding like an infomercial.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff Chunko wrote:
I haven't had time to read all 7 pages of the original thread. But I get the impression that the different color dice are going to be etched differently. Is that so? If so can someone explain the difference more clearly, or point me to a post that does?

There will be three different types of dice, one etched with an Elder Sign only on two sides (5-6) for the usual type of skill check; another will be etched only on one side (6) for skill checks where the person is Cursed (and you can use that die when rolling during Upkeep to see if a Blessing/Curse/Retainer is removed, where the Elder Sign would be considered a 1); and then the third type will be etched on three sides (4-6) for Blessed skill checks (and you can also use one of those when checking for Bank Loans, where rolling a blank side means you have to pay).

To keep costs down, all other sides than the Elder Sign sides will be completely blank... I like that, because it will be easy to see your successes in contrast to the blank sides. But it does mean that there may be a couple of rare instances in the game where you'll need to pull out a regular die to know a specific number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked what the dice are used for earlier (thanks for the replies) because Iam new to Arkham Horror and was wondering how many sets you need to play the game...do you ever roll 2 dice looking for successes or 3 dice looking for successes?

I think I would order 3 sets so players can have dice at hand instead of looking all over the table for the red one.

Thoughts?

Peace
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ebon Hawk
United States
Janesville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted my order in the other thread, so I am changing this post to prevent confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Speer
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Gravity Falls
badge
Remember, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold, bye!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunder wrote:
I asked what the dice are used for earlier (thanks for the replies) because Iam new to Arkham Horror and was wondering how many sets you need to play the game...do you ever roll 2 dice looking for successes or 3 dice looking for successes?

I think I would order 3 sets so players can have dice at hand instead of looking all over the table for the red one.

Thoughts?

Peace

Some checks in Arkham have a player rolling a lot of dice at once. I think the most I've seen in one check normally is 5-6. Depending on weapons and spells, you may be rolling more dice -- I think in one game a friend was rolling 13 dice for one check, but these scenarios are rare.

Since the game comes with only five normal dice, obviously you don't need to have a pile of dice for these occasions. Need to roll a 9 die check? Roll 3 dice 3 times.

But there's something to be said for rolling 7 dice and seeing all the non-successes crop up, lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To All,

The order has taken-on a life of its own...

On the other thread, I've announced that we'll keep the individual orders open until 1200 (noon) on Saturday, 10/10/2009.

All dice are etched on 1, 2, or 3 sides; all other sides remain blank
Scarab-Scarlet w/silver Elder Sign + #6 etching; 1-side: $.50
Scarab-Jade w/silver Elder Sign etching + #s 4 and 5; 2-sides: $1.00
Scarab-Royal Blue w/silver Elder Sign etching + #s 4,5,and 6; 3-sides: $1.50

The order currently stands at 441 [an increase of 859% from the original order on 10/1]:

Normal: 195
Blessed: 123
Cursed: 123

Amazing!

The Professor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Pettersson
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
PROTEIN. WATER. LIQUOR.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to have

Normal: 20
Cursed: 10
Blessed: 10

That's if there is some way to get them to Europe cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [49] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.