Popular Tags: [View All]
Viktor Kobilke
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a lot of pictures on cards and board for "Svea Rike". But there is no information given where those pictures were taken from. It lacks any credit. So does anybody have an idea where I can get this information from? Or does anybody recognise any of the many pictures that where used and can tell me what they are?
This is very important. So any help is appreciated a thousand times!

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Hellberg Hellberg
Sweden
Malmö
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a lot of it is probably public domain, I don't think much of it is original artwork.
Any old search or rummage through books on the subject will probably give you what you need.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would go so far as to assure that it ALL is in public domain. They are all paintings that you can find in Swedish museums. It's part of the theme that thee are paintings most Swedes will recognise one or two of, and I would very much doubt that they mixed in some original artwork with those.

I recognize many of the pictures of characters, but I can't say where they're from, as I've mostly seen them in history books or some general place. The only one where I can say I saw the original is the death march of Karl XII (on the card "Enväldets Fall", an Event Card) which hangs at the National Museum in Stockholm. (The one there, however, is a repainting of the original which at first was hanging in S:t Petersburg, but ended up at the Art Museum in Gothenburg, according to Wikipedia: http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gustaf_Cederström:_Karl_XII:s_likfärd)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.