Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Crocker
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I uploaded some files I called "Real Pasteups", and much to my surprise they've been posted here on this page. The results I got are much more than satisfactory (if I do say so myself).

Backround: I've had this game for 3 years or so, and have been itching to play it. The biggest problem is that ALL (not just some) of my gaming friends would be loathe to play this game while having to constantly look up card translations, so I needed to do something. First off, I printed and made cards from the old files here from Ron Stuckel and from tempus42. I then realized that my fickle gameing friends are not "hard core" enough to try the game unless the "eye candy" is there. From some other source, I also found some small black & white pasteups for the cards, but I just couldn't bring myself to affix them to the great looking original cards in the game.So the already 7 year old game gathered dust for another few more years. I pulled Svea Rike off my shelf a couple of weeks ago, and noticed a disclaimer in the 33 page dossier of the rules translation from designer Henrik Strandberg (the 33 page rules-set would be another reason for my friens not to play this), suggesting for English speakers to sleeve the cards, and then affix the labels to the sleeves. BINGO! I was on my way. I only have an Adobe Reader, so pdf options were out. I used MSPaint and a cheap/clunky photo editor program. The pasteups I made took me 9 pages, but I've consolodated them into 6 pages to save everyone a couple of bucks.

Materials: Card sleeves, size 56mm X 87mm (there is not a wasted mm).
Full size (8.5 X 11 inch) label sheets.
Straightedge & Hobby knife of choice (I use a utility knife)

Directions: 1).Print each file on a full size label sheet. Print the
resolution AS IS (don't change the size).
2).Spray each sheet with some kind od clear coat sealer. If
you don't do this, the ink will eventually smear through
usage.
3).When coating is dry, take your knife & straightedge and
"score" along the lines on the sheet, cutting through
the printed layer withought cutting through the label
backing layer. Done properly, you should be able to peel
each text block from the sheet, individualy.
4).Affix each "text block" directly on the card sleeve.
VOILA!!

Notes: Fief Cards (FORLANINGSKORT). I only made labels for the cards
that had added text. The remaining cards are self explanatory.

Event Cards (HANDELESKORT). Whenever I had room in the text block
I put a line in white caps to help me find which card the text
actually belonged. For about 1/3 of the text blocks, you will
have to check (& double check) as to which card the "text block"
belongs.This info is in the files, here at BGG.

Event Cards (HANDELESKORT) "Banners". At the top of each Event
Card is a small label, in "banner" form. When making these
sheets, whenever I had enough excess room, I added these banners.
You may think the are neccessary or not.I think they help.

At least now I have a 25% chance of getting my fickle gaming friends to play Svea Rike...instead of a ZERO chance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Ehrhardt
Germany
Bremen
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
At least now I have a 25% chance of getting my fickle gaming friends to play Svea Rike...instead of a ZERO chance.

Good luck, it's a wonderful game:D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, congrats. Svea Rike is a game with euro-type mechanisms for the players, combined with a very ameritrashy "you're so f-cked" general event cards draw at the beginning of each turn that can mess upp strategies to badly it's ridiculous.

Most games I find it hilarious just to finish the game and see where we ended up. We've had games where Sweden wasn't Sweden any longer by the end of the game. None of us had any fiefs left, the winner got 2 points or something. And other games where we throw out Bernadotte and become the royal families.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.