Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zé Mário
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's this?

Hansa Extrakarte is a mini-expansion that was a giveaway during the Essen fair in 2004, published by Abacus. It presents four extra conditions for awarding victory points.

(pic by Aldaron)

Anyone can use it, since its rules and a nice picture is available in the files section for it. Also, Hansa: Changing Winds includes this extra vp's awarding in its rules.

Go on

The rules:

Player with highest stack of Market Booths on the board gets 2 points
Player who caused the end by using the 1st marker from the final stack gets 3 points
Player with at least one Market Booth at the most cities gets 4 points
Player with most sold single barrel Goods Markers gets 5 points.
In case of ties, all players get those points

Well, I think the first criteria is pretty irrelevant. 2 points? It can make a difference, sure, but it certainly doesn't compensate the amount of market booths you have to waste in a city just to get these extra vp's. The second one, is ok, but will be awarder either in a random way ("Look, the game ended. Oh, I get 3 points for this.") or to the player that forces the ending, who will be happy to get them, but I wouldn't expect him to do this if he wasn't already winning anyway.

The last two are more interesting. The third criteria is pretty linear, and the fourth one does compensate for the randomness, which is good. Playing for this award (getting single barrel discs on purpose) wouldn't make much sense (choosing single barrels over others for 5 points), so these points will most likely go to the most "unfortunate" player.

Do you have a conclusion?

Yep. I think this expansion's impact in the game is really light. The criteria that does make difference, is in my opinion the last one, fixing a bit the randomness which most people criticize about this game. Other than that, the amount of victory point for the other awards is so low that I don't think they cause any sort of impact in the game at all.

6 out of 10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Chong
Malaysia
Kota Kinabalu
Sabah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
In case of ties, no points are awarded.

I think you made a mistake here.

The original text is
"Haben mehrere Spieler die Mehrheit, bekommt jeder dieser Spieler die vollen Bonuspukte."

google translate:
"If several players have the majority, everyone gets that player full bonus points."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zé Mário
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A very late thank you!
Corrected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.