Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
mbmbmbmbmb
This first deck of cards for my new custom expansion is now ready.

This expansion is called "Pandemic: End Day". It has some pretty wild new things for the game, and some additional cards like the ones found in Pandemic: Threat Level Six". Some of these new cards are designed to be used with On The Brink.

What's in the new deck?

HOT ZONES

There are 8 city cards that are now Hot Zones. When using this expansion, replace the regular cards with the Hot Zone cards. You should also be playing with the either the Mutation Challenge or the Bio-Terrorist challenge, AND the Virulent Strain challenge.

As soon as a player draws one of these cards from the Player Deck, you must follow its instructions. You add a purple cube to that city, AND a cube of the Virulent strain. This means these Hot Zone cities can potentially have 3 (or even more) different colored cubes in them. What makes them especially evil is that a 4th cube of ANY color will cause an outbreak in these cities (in the color of the 4th cube). You have to take special care to stay on top of treating these cities.

WHO cards

To help you deal with the Hot Zones, it's recommended that you add in the 4 WHO cards (these do NOT replace the city cards that also correspond to these cities). The WHO cards are wild cards that can count as any of the basic 4 colors of diseases for finding a cure- but, you have to build a research station in that city first (hence keeping the normal versions of those cities in the deck). This also gives you 4 more cards in your deck, which buys you a tiny bit more time, if you aren't also adding in rebalancing elements like Crisis cards, or more difficult or additional Epidemics.

PANDEMICS

Speaking of more difficult Epidemics, I have included 2 different special (and especially horrible) ones that are simply called Pandemics. These cards will turns things from bad to worse right away. I don't know if I can really advise you to have both in a game, but the really wonderful thing about the game Pandemic is how easy it is to adjust the difficulty level. If 5 Epidemics is getting too easy, trying replacing one with a Pandemic card.

INCEPTION cards

One of the methods for adjusting difficulty is starting the game by dealing in some Inception cards (previously called Start cards). There are 16 Inception cards in Pandemic: End Day. 12 are Response cards:

The Response cards give you more options and one-shot abilities. You'll need them to deal with the really difficult challenges. You don't have to use them, but they do count as part of your hand limit.

However, there are 4 Inception cards that give you a handicap. These are called Cessation cards:

Cessation cards also count as part of your hand, and you can't just chuck them when you have more than 7 cards. You also MUST play them whenever possible.

Offsetting the Inception cards even more is the addition of 2 special Epidemic cards called Delayed Response. One of them is painful for the players, but the other is potentially helpful. Deal them both into the game, replacing 2 normal Epidemic cards.

UNINSPECTED RESEARCH STATION

Included in this deck is a special Epidemic card for Scott Di Bartolo's nifty Safety Inspection variant. I've already played with it a couple of times, and it's a hoot. I have several small white Monopoly houses I ordered online that replaced my giant Pandemic Research Stations, and I have some marked with a red dot, and it's a great variant. http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/453108/safety-inspections-an...
-----------

I have some more of the variant cards from Threat Level Six, like 2 more New Strain Epidemics, 2 more Classification cards, 8 more Global Parameters, 1 more Special Event, 3 more Crisis cards, 3 new custom Virulent Strain Epidemic cards, an additional Travel Voucher, and a new Mutation Event card:

---------------------------

The second deck contains another 54 cards.

Enjoy: http://www.artscow.com/share/1o5cfc10faj9
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mousey
Netherlands
Santpoort-Zuid
a nice small town near the sea
flag msg tools
ESSEN The Game: SPIEL '13 Featuring Jonah
badge
RWC2015: Can't wait for it to start.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there still space in the second deck?

Just for fun the "House" role card would be nice.
And maybe you could add "my" special event card...and add a little more text to make it less cryptic:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The second deck actually had more stuff than I could fit. So, I'm working on a third expansion that will also have 2 decks. It will be a couple months before I'm ready to put it all together (have several test plays to conduct and some more fine-tuning of the Secret Objectives). If there's space, I will see what I can do. I actually have an idea for incorporating special personalities into the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are the PocketMod rules: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/52035/end-day-rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dicky P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack

Given the discussions at

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/496927/are-fan-creations...

I would have that "Warp" and "End Day" MUST be worthy of their own entry if this is the route now taken.

[Also posted on "Warp"]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We talked about this before, and I personally don't need to see fan creations given their own entry. People are gonna find these things here in the main entry, and that suits me just fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Logan Mann
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Artscow code for cheaper decks, good through the end of February.

Code: PLAY299CARDS

1 set 2.99, additional sets 6.99, with free shipping. So I just ordered both End Day decks for 9.98!

Just thought people might want to know if they are looking into getting this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Do you physically have to make the cards or are they already put together for you? Do they have the same shape and texture as the original cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can order the deck, and they send it in a nice little plastic box. They are the same size as the regular cards, a tiny bit thinner. Close inspection lets you know which cards are which, but I have played many times and people didn't realize they weren't using the regular cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Great work on these cards!!! I just ordered both decks today and can't wait. I looked at some of the new mechanics and I was inspired to post my own disjointed ideas for some new cards. Looking closer at some of the cards in your decks I noticed that there were a few that were very similar to the ones I thought of. . Your ideas have completely upped my wanting to play Pandemic.

Quick question: Do the hot zone cards still count as regular, keep in your hand, city cards? Or are they just played like special events?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Hot Zone cards replace the regular ones, so you definitely still get to use them as normal city cards in every way. The only difference is that when you draw them, you have to activate their Hot Zone ability. So, it's like a city card with a Crisis attached to it (or more like a suped up Infection card attached).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
very nice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
File for tuck-boxes now up: End Day Tuckboxes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dean
United States
Athens
Ohio
flag msg tools
Amish Tech Support
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Order placed for cards from Artscow. Thanks for your design work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jamieson
United States
Purcellville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Jack, looks like this deck has gone haywire too on ArtsCow. Deck 2 seems fine though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, this deck has now been rebuilt as well. Yeesh! What gives, artscow??

http://www.artscow.com/gallery/playing-cards/pandemic-end-da...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexey Sanko
Russia
flag msg tools
Hi, guys.
Did I correctly understand that Hot Zones shuffle into Player Deck? (In my version downloaded from Russian resource these card locate into folder “Infection Deck”)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, into the player deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexey Sanko
Russia
flag msg tools
Hello, Jack.

Could your provide more info about card UNINSPECTED RESEARCH STATION and "Scott Di Bartolo's nifty Safety Inspection variant"? I couldn't find anything about this variant.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/453108/safety-inspections-an...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.