Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
toby
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just opened up the Character Decks that came as a bonus with my initial Ebay purchase of Runebound. They've got me thinking I might want to actually try this with two players again. (I had been exclusively soloing using Mr. Skeletor's ruleset.)

One card seems unclear to me: The Changeling spell from Blade Dancer. At a maxed-out cost of 10 Menace, it's obviously designed to be very powerful, but is this an auto-oppenent's-ally-disposal? The text tells the player of the card to pick an (opponent's) Ally. It then tells the "victim" of the card that the just-designated ally "becomes a Challenge that you must immediately fight. Add +10 to this Challenge's mind, body and spirit values. If you escape or are knocked out, discard this Challenge."

But what if the victim defeats his/her ally? Obviously defeated Challenges are normally thrown away, but is this the case here, or by defeating "The Changeling" does the victim thereby rescue the original ally from the aegis of the Changeling spell and regain its services?

EDIT: typo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michał
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Does anyone know how this works? We have the same problem and came to no conclusion...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.