Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brett
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even though the official rules do not include jokers my game came with them so my friends and I use them. At first the rules were the black & white jokers could be used to either remove a chip from the board or place a chip anywhere and the color jokers could be used to remove a chip and put a chip its place or just place a chip anywhere. After playing that way a couple of times we decided the color jokers were to powerful so we changed the rule to be you had to remove a chip and put one in its place. That worked pretty well until new people started playing and they could never remember what the jokers did so we changed the rules so that all jokers could be used to either remove a chip or put a chip anywhere (basically you could have them be a one-eyed or two-eyed Jack).cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Brandon
msg tools
My wife and I just bought Sequence yesterday (she remembered playing it a lot with her brother when they were kids). After playing a few games we started coming up with different uses for the Jokers. We wanted them to be 'quirky' special cards worthy of the Joker name.

1. Use a joker to play off of the board, as though there were an invisible row of cards all the way around the perimeter of the board.

2. Place a token on top of an opponent's piece. That space now counts for either player.

At first my wife thought the first variation would break the game, but it didn't become an 'instant win' by any stretch. We never tried playing both variations at once, deciding that one 'power' for the Jokers was enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.