Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Ice Flow» Forums » Rules

Subject: Backpack limit - strictly applied, or can I leave things on the ice? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question, which I don't think the rules cover.

What if for some reason I would prefer to have what's on an ice-floe than what's in my backpack, but my backpack is full? Can I pick stuff up and leave other things behind?

For example, if I have three ropes and stop on an ice-floe with a fish on it, can I pick up the fish, and leave one of my ropes behind?

Or again... if I go fishing, and pay a rope for two fish, but I only have space in my pack for one fish (I guess it's so cold they don't smell?) do I just get one fish, or can I take the two and leave something else from my pack on an ice floe?

To me, it seems like it would make sense in both situations to allow some rearrangement of the backpack (although I get that it's a virtual magic backpack accessible from multiple locations at once so maybe normal physics doesn't apply...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I see no rule that prevents what you suggest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel van Peenen
Netherlands
Delft
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 3 of the english rules (pdf on BGG) it says:

Object Questions:
Can I discard an object that I don't need or want without using?
You may discard Items from your backpack at anytime, to make room for preferred items (eg. just before collecting a required item or before going fishing). Leave your discarded itemson the curtrent ice floe - available forothers to collect.

So yes you can rearrange your backpack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right - my mistake. I missed that sidebar section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel van Peenen
Netherlands
Delft
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem, glad to be of service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.