Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Does it work? Is it fun? Is it usable by kids?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karen D'Agostino
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
No, I have never tried this. It reminds me of neuro feedback and Heg therapy I want to try with my autistic son.. They use computer type games but your brain does the work..Its kind of like a brain work out.. I can't afford it yet, it cost $100 per session and he would have to come in twice a week,(20 sessions of neuro feedbac and 20 sessions of heg). If this game did the same thing as the therapy I would buy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hmm, the site must have been a little "off" when I posted this. At that time, I saw zero ratings, zero owners, zero personal comments, and zero threads in the forum. But now there are two older threads...? Weird.

Anyway, can't find this anywhere. Is this the "hot game" of the season? The new Sorry Sliders?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rubric wrote:
Does it work?
Yes, it actually does!
Rubric wrote:
Is it fun?
Yes - at least for the first many games.
Rubric wrote:
Is it usable by kids?
From 8 years and up - according to the box. Smaller kids may play, but I am unsure how well the headband would fit on smaller heads.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Armand
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jackawa wrote:
No, I have never tried this. It reminds me of neuro feedback and Heg therapy I want to try with my autistic son.. They use computer type games but your brain does the work..Its kind of like a brain work out.. I can't afford it yet, it cost $100 per session and he would have to come in twice a week,(20 sessions of neuro feedbac and 20 sessions of heg). If this game did the same thing as the therapy I would buy it.

You might take a look at this, Karen:
http://stresseraser.com/science-of-the-stresseraser/

I can vouch for this product. I've been using it for years and it does work. No game theme, no ping pong balls, but it will certainly require him to relax and clear his mind.

There was also a game I once owned called Wild Divine that used biofeedback very well but unfortunately to reach any one of the mini-game BF sessions took at least 20 minutes of navigating unnecessary artistic garden settings. It was ultimately too much annoyance to get to the relaxing part so I threw it out. I do wish someone would use this technology more creatively though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.