Jason
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Legomancer wrote:
As always, if you select "Yes, with changes", TELL ME WHAT THOSE CHANGES ARE or else you'll be sent to Information Retrieval.

I voted for the movie poster but with changes. I'd like to see it a little better defined. As is, it looks a bit soft.

Also, I should mention I've seen the movie only once, and that was about twelve years ago. So while I don't remember the baby mask or the 27b/6 form, these may be desirable to big fans of the movie. For me, though, the movie poster is the most recognizable as being related to Brazil. While I understand the "B" is from the logotype, taken by itself, it suggests Barbie to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Submit your soul in triplicate to
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmb
Optimist: badger is 75% full

Pessimist: badger is 25% empty

Realist: full, empty, badger don't care, it just takes what it wants
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
White Settlement
TX
flag msg tools
Only 6 months until the next round.
badge
A little lower and to the left, please.
Kaffedrake wrote:
Optimist: badger is 75% full
It took me a while to un-see a goblet of Guinness. Now you've brought it back. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Lartigue
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
binaryeye wrote:
Legomancer wrote:
As always, if you select "Yes, with changes", TELL ME WHAT THOSE CHANGES ARE or else you'll be sent to Information Retrieval.

I voted for the movie poster but with changes. I'd like to see it a little better defined. As is, it looks a bit soft.

Is there a guide, or hints and tips on how best to reduce images and keep them relatively clear? I've been trying different things and am still not 100% thrilled with the results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d b
United States
De Forest
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
The road is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind.
badge
I taught my dog to play Mage Knight... good dog.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a set of microbadges to submit for review. Please provide me with any feedback to make it a better mb set.

Set of eyes:

Name: Evil Eyes Lurk in Darkness
Group: Misc
Mouseover: Evil lurks!

Left eye and right eye:

Name: Evil Eyes Lurk in Darkness - Left
Name: Evil Eyes Lurk in Darkness- Right

Black Blank:

Name: Blank (black square)
Mouseover: ""

For this and any other purposes: left eye, black blank, and right eye:

Poll
Ready for submission?
  Yes No Vote Count
Set of eyes:

33.3% (4) 66.7% (8) 12
Left & Right:

87.5% (14) 12.5% (2) 16
Black Blank:

72.7% (8) 27.3% (3) 11
Total Voters 17
This poll is now closed.   17 answers
Poll created by bikefreak
Closes: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:00 am

If you vote No, please provide me some feedback.

Thanks for the input.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian C.
Netherlands
Lepelstraat
flag msg tools
Scared of tax admin Evil Bob?
badge
Contact Me 262 Schwalbe's GG laundry service now!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there, respected microbadge designers!

Could someone please design a Talk Talk microbadge?
(that is Music/Artist category for the designers born after 1980 and who are not into eighties music).

A Kate Nash microbadge would be nice too by the way.

Of course I'll cover expenses. I'll pay 1 GG a pixel as soon I can purchase the badge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Paton
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
604-720-7926 Ryan@Paton.ca
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the seperate left and right eyes... you were really thinking outside the (16x16) box!

The pair in one MB doesn't have the same wow factor....

They look great to submit now....

alternate mouse over text could be

- Camera One

- Camera Two
(Waynes World reference)

bikefreak wrote:
I've got a set of microbadges to submit for review. Please provide me with any feedback to make it a better mb set.

Set of eyes:

Name: Evil Eyes Lurk in Darkness

Left eye and right eye:

Name: Evil Eyes Lurk in Darkness - Left
Name: Evil Eyes Lurk in Darkness- Right

Black Blank:

Name: Blank (black square)
Mouseover: ""

For this and any other purposes: left eye, black blank, and right eye:

If you vote No, please provide me some feedback.

Thanks for the input.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Paton
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll

Mouseover text: "Honey Badger don't give a sh*t! It just takes what it wants..."

http://youtu.be/4r7wHMg5Yjg
Is the Honey Badger microbadge ready to submit?

Mouseover text: "Honey Badger don't give a sh*t! It just takes what it wants..."
Yes
Hell Yeah! (It's awesome & I want to get this MB now!!!)
No (Please give feedback)
      15 answers
Poll created by Ryan_Paton

Ryan_Paton wrote:
What do you guys think about this microbadge?

Honey Badger Video

Mouseover text: "Honey Badger don't give a shit! It just takes what it wants..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Van
United States
Rexburg
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ryan_Paton wrote:
Poll

Is the Honey Badger microbadge ready to submit?

Yes
Hell Yeah! (It's awesome & I want to get this MB now!!!)
No (Please give feedback)
      15 answers
Poll created by Ryan_Paton

Ryan_Paton wrote:
What do you guys think about this microbadge?

Honey Badger Video

Mouseover text: "Honey Badger don't give a shit! It just takes what it wants..."
i voted no and i take it back
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Submit your soul in triplicate to
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmb
Jamesbv7 wrote:

Click on the "Questions" button on the poll, then you can click to change your answer (and click "Vote" again to confirm).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Van
United States
Rexburg
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
Jamesbv7 wrote:

Click on the "Questions" button on the poll, then you can click to change your answer (and click "Vote" again to confirm).

thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Melbourne
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wizcreations wrote:
I need some feedback here. Someone has requested Microbadge Ownership badges

These are the existing badges: mb mb mb mb mb
Unfortunately the creator of these badges hasn't responded to requests to make more, so I came up with the next batch:

My question:
What color(s) should the numbers be? They can be anything you want, but what do you think will look best?

I attempted to make the 1000 using the colors from the golden award badges like love spreader of the week and geek of the week, but I don't think it looks good:

You gave me two responses...
anomander64 wrote:
I think a series of graduating hues, so they look consistent in a line but the colour is the distinguishing feature for each.

Agreed the 1000 needs something other than gold, perhaps something a bit different. I tried rainbow, but it just looks a mess.

oskari wrote:
anomander64 wrote:
I think a series of graduating hues, so they look consistent in a line but the colour is the distinguishing feature for each.

Please make all of them the same color. Especially the 400 needs to be changed so that it matches the others.
...of conflicting advice

I could go either way, but I want to reemphasize that the existing badges (100 to 500) were created by another user. I recreate those and submit a change request, but that's up to the admin.

I think the best option here is to use a single, light color (or gradient) that is consistent for every badge. Some darker colors really do not look good. How about just remaking all badges using the colors from 100, 200, and 300? I could even add a slight gradient.

I'll play around with the 1000 badge and see if I can find something better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Middletown
New York
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Legomancer wrote:
Is there a guide, or hints and tips on how best to reduce images and keep them relatively clear? I've been trying different things and am still not 100% thrilled with the results.

I usually work will something at 100 x 100 - I've found that's about the size where I can still work with the image, but still get a sense if what I'm doing is going to be too small to see. It's okay if your big image looks terrible. Hand-draw in some highlights or shadows, make a line thicker, erase some details that just muddy it. Most badges tend to look cleanest when saved as a PNG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Cale
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamesbv7 wrote:
Kaffedrake wrote:
Jamesbv7 wrote:

thanks

Sorry had to post this, great microbadge idea
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
White Settlement
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Me 262 Schwalbe wrote:
I used to know a really good designer, who seemed to specialize in musical artist badges. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Thayne
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me 262 Schwalbe wrote:
Hi there, respected microbadge designers!

(that is Music/Artist category for the designers born after 1980 and who are not into eighties music).

Of course I'll cover expenses. I'll pay 1 GG a pixel as soon I can purchase the badge.

1 GG a pixel? whistle Of course nothing has been signed yet, but here are a couple options from the debut album, "The Party's Over."

- "face" without transparency
- left "eye" detail with transparency
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
The Turtle Moves.
badge
Give a man fire and he's warm for the day. Set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
mbmbmbmbmb
From a request here... http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/49228/item/2029049#ite...

I present this Arby's Fan badge for review.

Poll
Is this badge ready for submission?
Yes
No - please comment
      6 answers
Poll created by anomander64
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Paton
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was gonna say it looks out of proportion... but I think it is just because "Arby's" is not written across the hat in this version of the logo... I don't think it would work with the name being too small...

Do you wanna maybe make it all white or all transparent or perhaps a white line tracing around the outside?

anomander64 wrote:
From a request here... http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/49228/item/2029049#ite...

Poll
Is this badge ready for submission?
Yes
No - please comment
      6 answers
Poll created by anomander64

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Paton
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another popular meme:

Nyan Cat

http://youtu.be/QH2-TGUlwu4

What do you all think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
The Turtle Moves.
badge
Give a man fire and he's warm for the day. Set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryan_Paton wrote:
I was gonna say it looks out of proportion... but I think it is just because "Arby's" is not written across the hat in this version of the logo... I don't think it would work with the name being too small...

Do you wanna maybe make it all white or all transparent or perhaps a white line tracing around the outside?

anomander64 wrote:

Yes, it is in direct proportion. Correct, I originally tried to use the name but the size made it unreadable and messy. Wholly transparent was just too flimsy, hence the fill. I've also tried a neon sign type colouring and widened the fill. This version was the best I could achieve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
White Settlement
TX
flag msg tools
badge
anomander64 wrote:

I originally tried to use the name but the size made it unreadable and messy. Wholly transparent was just too flimsy, hence the fill. I've also tried a neon sign type colouring and widened the fill. This version was the best I could achieve.
Perhaps the fill would look better in black or dark brown, like the sign. I'm not in love with the white, even though the logo is usually shown on white.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
The Turtle Moves.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always enjoyed some of the Disney animated movies like The Lion King and Tarzan, but there don't appear to be any badges for these movies.

Thoughts about these?

Tarzan 1

Tarzan 2

Simba

Pumbaa 1

Pumbaa 2

Timon

Rafiki

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
The Turtle Moves.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drewdane wrote:
anomander64 wrote:

I originally tried to use the name but the size made it unreadable and messy. Wholly transparent was just too flimsy, hence the fill. I've also tried a neon sign type colouring and widened the fill. This version was the best I could achieve.
Perhaps the fill would look better in black or dark brown, like the sign. I'm not in love with the white, even though the logo is usually shown on white.

OK.

Quote:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
White Settlement
TX
flag msg tools
badge
anomander64 wrote:
This.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dorosh
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Tactical Wargamer's Journal
mbmbmbmbmb
anomander64 wrote:
drewdane wrote:
anomander64 wrote:

OK.

Quote:

The brown looks horrible. The original, white one is best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  862 , 863 , 864 , 865 , 866  Next »  [1011] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.