Burster of Bubbles, Destroyer of Dreams.
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Just imagine the red offboard up here. I'll create it Real Soon Now...
badge
Yes, I know a proper 18XX tile should have a tile number.
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't seen a microbadge for Power Grid: The Robots. 16x16 is too small for the robot face to come out recognizable, at least to me, so I decided to try for something smaller: the nut that is the robot's "top hat".

It's green, it's a recognizable piece of the robot... comments?

It was clipped off of this image:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Riverside
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Morganza wrote:
I haven't seen a microbadge for Power Grid: The Robots. 16x16 is too small for the robot face to come out recognizable, at least to me, so I decided to try for something smaller: the nut that is the robot's "top hat".

It's green, it's a recognizable piece of the robot... comments?

It was clipped off of this image:

This image doesn't really represent the game so well. Doesn't represent the game well enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What about that circle on his chest? Looks interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Riverside
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
What about that circle on his chest? Looks interesting.

Any chance you could get more of the robot look to the badge. The chest emblem still doesn't portray PG: Robots. Could you get the entire head into a badge?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B.O.B.
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me 262 Schwalbe wrote:
wildthayne wrote:
Me 262 Schwalbe wrote:
Hi there, respected microbadge designers!

Could someone please design a Talk Talk microbadge?
(that is Music/Artist category for the designers born after 1980 and who are not into eighties music).

Of course I'll cover expenses. I'll pay 1 GG a pixel as soon I can purchase the badge.

1 GG a pixel? whistle Of course nothing has been signed yet, but here are a couple options from the debut album, "The Party's Over."

- "face" without transparency
- left "eye" detail with transparency

Nice, but I would prefer something from 'The colour of spring' or 'Spirit of Eden'. Like you said, nothing signed yet....

A moth from the cover of "The Colour of Spring." Of the numerous moths, this one looked like it would transfer to 16x16 the most amicably.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian C.
Netherlands
Lepelstraat
flag msg tools
Scared of tax admin Evil Bob?
badge
Contact Me 262 Schwalbe's GG laundry service now!
mbmbmbmbmb
wildthayne wrote:
Me 262 Schwalbe wrote:
wildthayne wrote:
Me 262 Schwalbe wrote:
Hi there, respected microbadge designers!

Could someone please design a Talk Talk microbadge?
(that is Music/Artist category for the designers born after 1980 and who are not into eighties music).

Of course I'll cover expenses. I'll pay 1 GG a pixel as soon I can purchase the badge.

1 GG a pixel? whistle Of course nothing has been signed yet, but here are a couple options from the debut album, "The Party's Over."

- "face" without transparency
- left "eye" detail with transparency

Nice, but I would prefer something from 'The colour of spring' or 'Spirit of Eden'. Like you said, nothing signed yet....

A moth from the cover of "The Colour of Spring." Of the numerous moths, this one looked like it would transfer to 16x16 the most amicably.

I like it! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Peters
United States
Belmont
California
flag msg tools
Powers:Coleridge:Milton: Faith...must be, if anything, a clear-eyed recognition of the patterns and tendencies, to be found in every piece of the world's fabric, which are the lineaments of God.
badge
That's Tim Powers' fictional Samuel Coleridge "quoting" John Milton in _The Anubis Gates_.
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps a "I log my rides on Strava" (see http://www.strava.com/) badge?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmb
Morganza wrote:

Adding "original" after the numbers set the image at the right size - {ImageID=1249563 original}

My quick shot at the head...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burster of Bubbles, Destroyer of Dreams.
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Just imagine the red offboard up here. I'll create it Real Soon Now...
badge
Yes, I know a proper 18XX tile should have a tile number.
mbmbmbmbmb
zorro_jv wrote:
Morganza wrote:

Adding "original" after the numbers set the image at the right size - {ImageID=1249563 original}

That's MUCH better than any of my attempts at the head!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B.O.B.
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Going back in time a little bit...

wildthayne wrote:
Kaffedrake wrote:
wildthayne wrote:
The Abbess exists: mb

How about a Prioress to complete the pair?
Viewed side by side it looks odd that yours is sharpened and the other is not. Sharpen the abbess.
Any suggestions on what to do with visual discrepancy?

Poll
What to do?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Adjust the Prioress (less sharp)
0.0% 0
Adjust the Abbess (more sharp) through collaborative work
81.8% 9
Adjust them both just because
0.0% 0
Submit the Prioress as is
18.2% 2
Submit the Prioress with some other adjustment
0.0% 0
Voters 11
This poll is now closed.   11 answers
Poll created by wildthayne
Closes: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:00 am

mb has been submitted.

Death and Taxis, designer of the Abbess microbadge mb, has given me free rein to adjust the image to make the styling look more similar to the new Prioress. Starting with the existing design, I applied a few simple contrast, color, and sharpness adjustments and then a couple pixel tweaks on the eyes and mouth, I came up with

They still have some dissimilarities, as do the original images.

Since the Abbess is a tweak instead of a new design, it will go through a different process. I still wanted to post here for feedback. Also, if someone else wants to give it try, that is fine.

Poll: Nuns on the Run Faceoff!
Workable pair?
mb and
can stand side by side.
They are close. Here is an idea...
No, I don't think it's going to work.
      6 answers
Poll created by wildthayne
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B.O.B.
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For reference, note that the faces are quite different...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
White Settlement
TX
flag msg tools
Only 6 months until the next round.
badge
A little lower and to the left, please.
mbmb
zorro_jv wrote:

Very nice! The three bulbs look a little big, and the color is a bit off, as well as the color of the eyes and mouth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmb
Morganza wrote:
zorro_jv wrote:

That's MUCH better than any of my attempts at the head!

Thanks! I really draw over it a lot after resizing, since it really did not looked good.

I added the chest things and touch it a bit, specially the eyes... but i think when i go near the original, it gets blurry and less defined

Edit: ...after drew's tips:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peaceful Gamin'
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
You found our Geekbadge Overtext. Congratulations! :-)
badge
Gaming is fun. And this is a hypercube. The sun is shining
mbmbmbmbmb
special badge for contributor's to the FoldIt team:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert VG
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
- Kalifiko fan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmb
Michael Dorosh wrote:
Suggested microbadges for Courier magazine

I like the "C" more, but it needs some cleaning in my opinion, specially on the right side, where there are some pixels wich are part of the "o" and the dot between letters. Also, you can try change the white backgrount to transparent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Steubenville
Ohio
flag msg tools
anomander64 wrote:
Here in "progressive" Australia, political debate is still raging about marriage equality, even though over 68% of the population support it.

This Friday 2 March is "i do" day. A day where people can show their support and say that marriage is about love and commitment, not your partner's gender.

This badge is the symbol of Australian Marriage Equality, the group behind "i do" day.

Ideally, I'd like to try to get this badge published by 2 March, if at all possible?

This is in the pending queue...mb I support marriage equality

This is a political badge and should not even be considered out of policy.

anomander64, could you please pull it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dorosh
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Tactical Wargamer's Journal
mbmbmbmbmb
zorro_jv wrote:
Michael Dorosh wrote:

I like the "C" more, but it needs some cleaning in my opinion, specially on the right side, where there are some pixels wich are part of the "o" and the dot between letters. Also, you can try change the white backgrount to transparent.

Will take a look at the letters, thanks. I think everyone here is obsessed with transparency though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do not shed tears over throws of the past, roll again!
badge
Click here for free games.
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Dorosh wrote:
zorro_jv wrote:
Michael Dorosh wrote:

Will take a look at the letters, thanks. I think everyone here is obsessed with transparency though.

That's just because it looks better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert VG
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Dorosh wrote:
zorro_jv wrote:
Michael Dorosh wrote:

Michael, this badge should be drawn by hand, shape by shape and piece by piece. The result will be better than a resized 'C'. Even if you'd find the very same font and take a screenshot of it, you'd still have to fix it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
White Settlement
TX
flag msg tools
Only 6 months until the next round.
badge
A little lower and to the left, please.
mbmb
kevintlee wrote:
anomander64 wrote:
Here in "progressive" Australia, political debate is still raging about marriage equality, even though over 68% of the population support it....

This Friday 2 March is "i do" day. A day where people can show their support and say that marriage is about love and commitment, not your partner's gender...

This is in the pending queue...mb...

The genie is way out of the bottle on political badges. The way to go would be to approve that one and: mb I support traditional marriage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do not shed tears over throws of the past, roll again!
badge
Click here for free games.
mbmbmbmbmb
drewdane wrote:
kevintlee wrote:
anomander64 wrote:
Here in "progressive" Australia, political debate is still raging about marriage equality, even though over 68% of the population support it....

This Friday 2 March is "i do" day. A day where people can show their support and say that marriage is about love and commitment, not your partner's gender...

The genie is way out of the bottle on political badges. The way to go would be to approve that one and: mb I support traditional marriage.

Or perhaps redesign the concept without using a that organisation's logo? I guess it would still be a political issue but at least not directly relating to any political group?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Steubenville
Ohio
flag msg tools
drewdane wrote:
kevintlee wrote:
anomander64 wrote:

marriage is one woman one man.

coupling is not marriage.

"How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg."
Abraham Lincoln

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmbmbmb
kevintlee wrote:
drewdane wrote:
kevintlee wrote:
anomander64 wrote:

marriage is one woman one man.

coupling is not marriage.

"How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg."
Abraham Lincoln

Now, Kevin, if you want to have this debate, please take it to RSP. Conversation around the politcalness of the badge is ok, but not what is and what is not marriage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Riverside
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was approved this morning mb
You know you want to buy it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  867 , 868 , 869 , 870 , 871  Next »  [1011] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.