Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
The Turtle Moves.
badge
Give a man fire and he's warm for the day. Set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
mbmbmbmbmb
kevintlee wrote:
anomander64 wrote:
Here in "progressive" Australia, political debate is still raging about marriage equality, even though over 68% of the population support it.

This Friday 2 March is "i do" day. A day where people can show their support and say that marriage is about love and commitment, not your partner's gender.

This badge is the symbol of Australian Marriage Equality, the group behind "i do" day.

Ideally, I'd like to try to get this badge published by 2 March, if at all possible?

This is in the pending queue...mb I support marriage equality

This is a political badge and should not even be considered out of policy.

anomander64, could you please pull it?

OK. My original phrasing was bad. It should have been "societal debate is still raging...". The politics comes in because only the government has the capacity to enact legislation.

I don't believe it is any more political than most of the other awareness and / support badges floating around on the site.

If my belief is considered "political" then so is every other religious badge that offends me.

What makes it any different to mb. Same thing in my mind. They are both supporting non-discriminatory practices.

I'll not get into a debate here about this, it's not the forum.

Let the admins decide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Steubenville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anomander64 wrote:
kevintlee wrote:
anomander64 wrote:
Here in "progressive" Australia, political debate is still raging about marriage equality, even though over 68% of the population support it.

This Friday 2 March is "i do" day. A day where people can show their support and say that marriage is about love and commitment, not your partner's gender.

This badge is the symbol of Australian Marriage Equality, the group behind "i do" day.

Ideally, I'd like to try to get this badge published by 2 March, if at all possible?

OK. My original phrasing was bad. It should have been "societal debate is still raging...". The politics comes in because only the government has the capacity to enact legislation.

I don't believe it is any more political than most of the other awareness and / support badges floating around on the site.

If my belief is considered "political" then so is every other religious badge that offends me.

What makes it any different to mb. Same thing in my mind. They are both supporting non-discriminatory practices.

Let the admins decide.

It is not the same thing and it is political. You were correct to say that the debate is still raging. It has no place as a microbadge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mb
I will say only this--it is only political because politicians have made it so. It should have no place in politics (or heck, the church) since marriage was originally just a legal document to distribute land/property.

I have said too much...look the other way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mb
Hence why I said "originally." Read the text before you get snippy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
mbmbmbmbmb

I am submitting for review.

Parrot Lover - Caique

There is no Pet / Animal category for parrot, this would establish it. Others can create Macaw, African, sub-species etc.. as desired.

I will be buying this one.

Poll
Approve
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Yes
81.2% 13
No (respond with comment)
12.5% 2
Needs something (respond with comment)
6.2% 1
Voters 16
This poll is now closed.   16 answers
Poll created by pronoblem
Closes: Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:00 am
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon "that sci-fi guy" AKA tiggers
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unhalfbricking wrote:
tiggers wrote:
2 new AFL fan MBs:

Richmond Tigers fan (requested privately)

Greater Western Sydney:

GWS is cool, but I can't actually see what Richmond is.

Is this any better? The logo is a very busy one that doesn't do well at 16x16.

Here is the original for comparison. As you can see I have cropped it extensively.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
United States
Los Osos
California
flag msg tools
This overtext is far more interesting than I am.
badge
One die to rule them all.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey again.

I had another person request for the Grateful Dead members. For Bill Kreutzmann. I would like to keep him in Black and White with a transparent background to match the other badges. I think I will go back and try to replace the Bob Weir (my design) with a similar image too to get them all consistent.

Anyway, here is the source photo:

Here is the badge:

Quote:

New poll below based on feedback.

Thanks all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
United States
Los Osos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kevintlee wrote:
anomander64 wrote:
kevintlee wrote:
anomander64 wrote:

Let the admins decide.

It is not the same thing and it is political. You were correct to say that the debate is still raging. It has no place as a microbadge.

I totally disagree with this statement. This should not be declined as a political issue. Not many pages ago there was a badge that was something like "I play games with my love" or something like that. There was a conversation about having the people representations to be different colors to represent different types of relationships. Two different badges were submitted, one with blue and pink, one with two purple.

This is consistent with those open minded beliefs and is also consistent with every anti-prejudice badge that exists.

I don't think how the discussion about the badge was framed should have a relevance on its submittal.

My two cents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Melbourne
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1nf1n1ty wrote:

Can you delete the black corner below his hair/neck?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Steubenville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1nf1n1ty wrote:
kevintlee wrote:
anomander64 wrote:
kevintlee wrote:
anomander64 wrote:

Let the admins decide.

I totally disagree with this statement. This should not be declined as a political issue. Not many pages ago there was a badge that was something like "I play games with my love" or something like that. There was a conversation about having the people representations to be different colors to represent different types of relationships. Two different badges were submitted, one with blue and pink, one with two purple.

This is consistent with those open minded beliefs and is also consistent with every anti-prejudice badge that exists.

I don't think how the discussion about the badge was framed should have a relevance on its submittal.

My two cents.

But you're not talking about prejudice.

You're talking about a political statement about the redefinition of the word "marriage".

It couldn't be more political. The badge is in support of a public policy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
United States
Los Osos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kevintlee wrote:
1nf1n1ty wrote:
kevintlee wrote:
anomander64 wrote:
kevintlee wrote:
anomander64 wrote:

Let the admins decide.

My two cents.

But you're not talking about prejudice.

You're talking about a political statement about the redefinition of the word "marriage".

It couldn't be more political. The badge is in support of a public policy.

I'm actually going to drop it there. I respect that you have your opinion on it. It should be in the moderators hands now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
United States
Los Osos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wizcreations wrote:
1nf1n1ty wrote:

That is actually his hair, but yeah, I can give it a trim...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
United States
Los Osos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1nf1n1ty wrote:
wizcreations wrote:
1nf1n1ty wrote:

Is this better?

Quote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Melbourne
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1nf1n1ty wrote:
1nf1n1ty wrote:
wizcreations wrote:
1nf1n1ty wrote:

Is this better?

Quote:

Much better!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
United States
Los Osos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on feedback, here is a new poll.

Quote:

Poll
Can I submit the updated badge?
Yes:

no
      12 answers
Poll created by 1nf1n1ty

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SHIMMER
United States
Bailey
Colorado
flag msg tools
Well behaved women, seldom make history.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would really like an Orange shamrock.

I would add it to:
Name St Patrick's Day fan (current mb)
Group Misc, Festive Days

Poll
Can I have my

pretty please?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Yes, but I will be pinching you.
77.8% 21
NO WAY, I don't care what you want!
22.2% 6
Voters 27
This poll is now closed.   27 answers
Poll created by kristiefix
Closes: Tue Mar 6, 2012 6:00 am

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
The Turtle Moves.
badge
Give a man fire and he's warm for the day. Set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
mbmbmbmbmb
kevintlee wrote:
anomander64 wrote:
kevintlee wrote:
anomander64 wrote:

Let the admins decide.

This is an issue that transcends politics. Unfortunately, it has been made political because certain sections of the community choose to make it so; but fundamentally it is about discrimination because being straight or gay is not defined by politics. There are numerous gay people on all sides of the political spectrum.

I equated it to the anti-racism badge because of the immediate parallels. It wasn't so long ago (certainly in my lifetime) "coloured" people were segregated and mixed marriages considered an "affront to decency".

The world has since moved on and grown-up, and there is widespread recognition that you have no more control over your sexual orientation than you do over the colour of your eyes or skin. That there is no fundamental reason to deny all people the same rights and freedoms (or perhaps ensnarement would be a better term for marriage). Although, clearly that still happens. What this badge symbolises for me to the willingness to show my support in the fight for equal rights.

I have no doubt we will agree to disagree on political or philosophical grounds. I respect your personal opinion and hope you will respect mine is equally valid.

The text on the badge "I support marriage equality" will not point to any politically focused organisation or group. If the admins ask me to change it, I'll also happily comply.

Object if you will, but there is no impetus for you to purchase the badge (should it be approved). There are many badges here I would never purchase on philosophical grounds, but I also don't object to them being offered for those who want to buy them.

I've said my piece and won't enter into any more discussions over this, it's time to move on to the more important task of posting, commenting and approving of badges.

The admins can decide if they want to allow the badge to stand or not. If it is rejected, then so be it. I'm happy to abide by the umpire's decision.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sudo Dudaković
Bosnia and Herzegovina
flag msg tools
Looking of wrong spot. Blink, blink.
mbmbmbmbmb

Red herring

Is maybe to be much useful of geekdom games like overtext hunt contest.

Weird mouseover: "Red herring"?
More weird mouseover: "Red Herring Award"?

Not matter if not real award. Is much useful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oskari
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
Eat at Linda's
mbmbmbmb
pronoblem wrote:

Not quite as good as Craig's version:
anomander64 wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert VG
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
- Farmageddon fan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ivan pawle
Ireland
Dublin
D7
flag msg tools
Save keys to open doors...
mbmbmbmbmb
SwedishColumbia wrote:

Tiny space pyramid microbadge for Zoneplex (http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/113070/zoneplex).

Is this one good to go?
I will buy it when I have sufficient geekmonies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin (Hairy) Hatfield
United Kingdom
Godstone
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buccaneer fan microbadge
Buccanneer fan microbadge for review:

Buccaneer Fan (Gold Bar)
Poll
Submit for approval?
yes
no
needs work (please comment)
      3 answers
Poll created by fearoffours
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin (Hairy) Hatfield
United Kingdom
Godstone
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Buccaneer Fan (Pearl)
Poll
Submit for approval?
yes
no
      4 answers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin (Hairy) Hatfield
United Kingdom
Godstone
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Buccaneer Fan (Barrel of Rum)
Poll
Submit for approval?
yes
no
      4 answers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank Panethiere
United States
Festus
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a design for a microbadge for the game Day of the Dead

Mouseover text would be Day of The Dead fan

Poll
Approve microbadge:
Yes
No
      7 answers
Poll created by metalchorus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  868 , 869 , 870 , 871 , 872  Next »  [1011] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.