Subject: Blue (lasting) event cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ugur Dönmez
Netherlands
Hoofddorp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is said in the rules that the blue event cards relate to the playing of action cards and this is mostly the case, but there are also others that caused some confusion for us, so if anyone with authority could answer this? Thanks!

Blue cards that allow you to trade something (i.e. 1 cloth for 3 VP) can only be used once per round according to the rules, but is there also a restriction on when? At the start of your turn? At the end of your turn? Or at anytime during the round?

Also, we came across a blue card where everyone without loyalty loses 1 VP. Does this mean that that is then checked every round? And again, when exactly (start/end of player's turn, start/end of round)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic T.
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
just played my first game, the same questions came up for us.. the timing on the blue cards is confusing.. can someone elaborate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yul Beauchamps
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blue event card event cards are checked every time you play an action card. It is in the rulebook, it's just a little tricky to find. So yes you would lose one VP every turn unless you acquired Loyalty. However it is also a benefit when you get an event that allows you to get VP by trading cloth for example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Holzgrafe
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
"the understandably frightening and chimeric semicolon" -- HiveGod
mbmbmbmbmb
Hawkeye75 wrote:
Blue event card event cards are checked every time you play an action card. It is in the rulebook, it's just a little tricky to find. So yes you would lose one VP every turn unless you acquired Loyalty. However it is also a benefit when you get an event that allows you to get VP by trading cloth for example.

We think that's correct, but we wouldn't mind a more definitive answer. Perhaps a German-speaker with the original rules, or one of the game designers can give an authoritative response?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie B
United States
Unspecified
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Hawkeye75 wrote:

But is the blue event checked before or after you play your action card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bridgham
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The blue cards are always checked prior to playing your action card. This is because some of them will affect certain actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monika
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jebry wrote:
The blue cards are always checked prior to playing your action card. This is because some of them will affect certain actions.

That's what is says in the German rules... I just checked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Schlimgen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although blue events that affect actions are always in effect, those that allow trades may be used once per round (7th bullet on page 7). It does not specify exactly when during the round, but I assume at the beginning just like the brown ones.

This leaves the "Lawyer Gregory" card (chapter II -- the one where you lose gold or VP if you have no loyalty). I'm contacting Mayfair for a ruling, but in the mean time I'm playing that it works just like a blue "trade" card -- only at the beginning of each round (not each action). I'll post any response I get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ketty
Chile
Santiago
RM
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have an official answer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Schlimgen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to Mayfair, trades allowed by blue event cards (and the effects of lawyer Gregory) may be after you play your action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ketty
Chile
Santiago
RM
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.