Alexey Babaitsev
Russia
Moscow (Postal Code 115597)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the update, Dave! Voting works exactly as I wanted -- we will now be saving a lot of time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M H
Germany
Göttingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Minor bug:
If i change the window height and then open a game detail window (via Pick random game) it looks like this:

If i rescale the window the game detail box is adjusted properly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Canar
United States
Des Plaines
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice app!

How does the voting system work.In other words, after enabling voting, what do you do next?

thx in advance,
jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice app however it would be a lot more useful if I could see the numbers. As it is, I have to guess (and explain to others) what the numbers are unless I click on the triangle. Thanks for the appp.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Worm
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This app is all sorts of awesome - thanks very much for the work putting it together!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mansell
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
De Struikrover, Imploded and crquin -- thanks for the kind words!

fatum wrote:
When filtering on user rating, the games that aren't rated are always included. Is it possible to change this so that if the sliders aren't on 1 and 10, the N/A ratings aren't included ?

If you click the little "Req." checkbox next to the slider, it will remove the games that have N/A for that value.

Topper Harley wrote:
Minor bug\
Interesting, okay. I'll take a look. Thank you.

dr_canak wrote:
How does the voting system work.In other words, after enabling voting, what do you do next?
There's a little explanation if you hover over the "Enable Voting" button, but basically, each game starts with 0 points and therefore zero chance of being picked. Each time a game gets a vote, it's as if its name has been put into a hat once. Give it 5 votes, it's in the hat 5 times. Then when you click "Select a Random Game" it basically reaches into that hat and pulls out a game name.

jschlickbernd wrote:
Nice app however it would be a lot more useful if I could see the numbers. As it is, I have to guess (and explain to others) what the numbers are unless I click on the triangle. Thanks for the appp.
Do you mean on the filter sliders? That makes sense. I'll try to figure out the best way to do that for the next update, thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Worm
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave,

Still finding it awesome!

Apologies if somebody else has already raised this, but is it possible to have it save settings on exit or something similar?
I love the grid view and adding in a whole bunch of columns, but when I restart it goes backs to defaults.
Just a humble request - it might be considered scope creep!

Cheers

Worm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
Germany
Near Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
This is my brand new OverText :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
Really Great App.

One Filter which would be great for me is "already played (at least once)§ vs "not yet played".

Sometimes we are looking for new games and sometimes we need a game which can be fast explained.

Th@nx for the great App
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crquin wrote:
Dave,

Still finding it awesome!

Apologies if somebody else has already raised this, but is it possible to have it save settings on exit or something similar?
I love the grid view and adding in a whole bunch of columns, but when I restart it goes backs to defaults.
Just a humble request - it might be considered scope creep!

Cheers

Worm

This is almost exactly what I've been waiting for...

Looks super, thanks a lot! thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A text print out would be awesome too, otherwise everyone has to huddle around the computer to see the choices, or did I miss the print option?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Worm
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Biswut wrote:
Really Great App.

One Filter which would be great for me is "already played (at least once)§ vs "not yet played".

Sometimes we are looking for new games and sometimes we need a game which can be fast explained.

Th@nx for the great App
Chris

Hi Chris,

I know it's not the same thing, but if you use the grid view, adjust the columns to show the # of plays then sort by # of plays you can get something akin to what you're after.

Edit: Oh, and combine it with the weight column to get something that can be fast explained (in theory!)

Cheers

Worm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexey Babaitsev
Russia
Moscow (Postal Code 115597)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One more thing I would love to see done: an option to consider user-suggested number of players. Say, if X% of users do not recommend playing a game with a specific number of players the game should be filtered out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mansell
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahaha, these requests are coming in faster than I can read them! I'm thrilled to see that it's taken off, though, and that there are more feature requests than bug reports this morning. I'll definitely throw all of these on my list and push an update out later today or tonight.

I do have one small request from you guys... would anyone be willing to make a microbadge for this? Perhaps the icon could work if the question mark was enlarged a bit. I can email someone the source image if anyone would be kind enough to volunteer.

Edit: On second thought, it can also just be grabbed from the download page at http://whattoplay.cxr.cc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
Germany
Near Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
This is my brand new OverText :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if this a bug or a request

Some of my games have the weight 0.00.
They are always included in the selection, even if I mark "req.".

Th@nx again for this great toll

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mansell
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Biswut wrote:
I don't know if this a bug or a request :)

Chris

Okay, I'll take a look at this, thanks.

jschlickbernd, what would you like to see on a printout? I'm a little confused by what you're looking for on this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wilikai wrote:
Biswut wrote:
I don't know if this a bug or a request

Chris

Okay, I'll take a look at this, thanks.

jschlickbernd, what would you like to see on a printout? I'm a little confused by what you're looking for on this one.

The list of games shown in the current window. I own 172 games and I normally have many people at my game sessions. There are distinct groups of people who want to play heavier games and people who want to play lighter games. So it would be awesome to be able to list the lower weight games on one sheet of paper, change the parameters to higher weight games, and list those games on a separate sheet of paper.

Is that clearer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mansell
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jschlickbernd wrote:
The list of games shown in the current window.

Okay, that makes sense. I can probably utilize the Grid View to let you add whatever additional information you want the people to be able to see, other than the game name. This one might take a little longer, but I'll definitely add it sometime soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robby Timmermans
Belgium
Wellen
flag msg tools
-- -- doesitplay -- -- Boardgame reviews coming soon !
mbmbmbmbmb
Wilikai wrote:
Hahaha, these requests are coming in faster than I can read them! I'm thrilled to see that it's taken off, though, and that there are more feature requests than bug reports this morning. I'll definitely throw all of these on my list and push an update out later today or tonight.

I second the save on exit feature

Wilikai wrote:
I do have one small request from you guys... would anyone be willing to make a microbadge for this? Perhaps the icon could work if the question mark was enlarged a bit. I can email someone the source image if anyone would be kind enough to volunteer.

I've put up a vote for a MB: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/4414275#4414275
Comments are welcome (as are votes).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mansell
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
fatum wrote:
I've put up a vote for a MB: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/4414275#4414275
Comments are welcome (as are votes).

Haha, this is awesome. I love the response choices.

This is a small nitpick, but could you make the text say WhatToPlay instead of What To Play? If that would reset the poll, don't worry about it. Everything else is PERFECT, though -- thank you very much for doing this.

VVVVV Oh man, thanks to you too. I'll be very happy to see either one get accepted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M H
Germany
Göttingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wilikai wrote:

Voila:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/microbadge/12180 I hope you can open this link and it is not linked to my account.

If you want to support my Microbadge and have it accepted by the moderators, please answer yes in the poll here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/4414374#4414374
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fishhaid
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
Hi there, Face here!
mbmbmbmbmb
Outstanding!

One feature request (maybe when you've got nothing else to do ) is incorporating BGG's "plays best with" numbers. I've always tried to keep my games organized not only by mechanics but by optimal number of players. For instance - Turf Master is a race game that plays from 2 - 8 players but best with larger numbers like 7-8. Monopoly plays from 2 - 6 but is best with 4.

Wait for it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mansell
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cfisher wrote:
Outstanding!

One feature request (maybe when you've got nothing else to do ) is incorporating BGG's "plays best with" numbers. I've always tried to keep my games organized not only by mechanics but by optimal number of players. For instance - Turf Master is a race game that plays from 2 - 8 players but best with larger numbers like 7-8. Monopoly plays from 2 - 6 but is best with 4.

Wait for it...

That information can be seen if you click on a game, then the "Polls" button. I'm also planning to add a filter for it to the main view, based on Imploded's feedback, although it will take some planning to figure out the best way to do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
Didn't know what to spend all this sweet GG on, so I bought the overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wilikai wrote:
cfisher wrote:
Outstanding!

Wait for it...

That information can be seen if you click on a game, then the "Polls" button. I'm also planning to add a filter for it to the main view, based on Imploded's feedback, although it will take some planning to figure out the best way to do so.

How would you get this info? The api only shows min and max player info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mansell
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
monteslu wrote:
How would you get this info? The api only shows min and max player info.

You can get it with the stats information. For an example, check out the XML for Apples to Apples' stats here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/xmlapi/boardgame/74?stats=1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Friedberg
United States
Winona Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance that the selection might be extended to a guild's collection? I was poking around the api and didn't see a way to grab it... Maybe a way to just have multiple user names be included and put the list of available games together from those individual pieces...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [19] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.